Freewing F-16C Super Scale High Performance 90mm EDF Jet - PNP
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
- (Save $60.00)
- Unit price
F-16C Super Scale High Performance with 9 Blade 90mm EDF Jet - PNP - FJ30613P
Version Info: This is the High Performance version which includes a powerful 3672-1900Kv inrunner motor with new lightweight 9-blade fan.
The F-16C is a single-engine multirole fighter aircraft originally developed for the United States Air Force (USAF). Designed as an air superiority day fighter, it evolved into a successful all-weather multirole aircraft. The F-16C has an internal M61 Vulcan cannon and 11 locations for mounting weapons and other mission equipment. In addition to active duty U.S. Air Force, the aircraft is also used by the USAF aerial demonstration team, the U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds.
We worked closely with Freewing in optimizing their all new 90mm F-16C model to do justice to this legendary aircraft. Freewing worked for over a year to design an F-16C that any RC pilot would be proud to own. Simply put, after 200+ test flights, we believe this is the best foam PNP scale F-16 in the world today. While F-16s are available in many sizes, Freewing's 90mm F-16C offers unique features not seen before in a foam F-16 such as scale operating landing gear CNC machined from durable 6061 aluminum, completely removable surfaces, and a pre-installed LED afterburner. Other scale details like a tinted canopy with plastic detailed cockpit, a complete navigation light package, and injection molded details like its "bird slicers" and accurate exhaust nozzle "turkey feathers" set this model apart from other F-16 models. The F-16C's included armament set also features a new detachment design. Thin plastic clips allow quick and convenient removal of the weapons from the pylons and the pylons from the wings; change your loadout easily in seconds.
This High Performance version includes a powerful 3672-1900Kv inrunner motor with new lightweight 9-blade fan, 130A ESC, and is designed for the common 6s 5000-6000mah lipo battery size used in several other Freewing jets. A KIT+ version is also available for pilots who want to install their own power system. The model is designed for versatility, and for future upgradability it is designed to CG with two Admiral 4s 4000mah 40c batteries without any modification to the battery bay, if a pilot wants to install an 8s capable motor/fan/ESC.
Intended as a "Scale Plus" flyer, the Freewing F-16C excels in scale maneuvers like slow high alpha, tight banked turns, and stability throughout its flight envelope. It has a long glideslope considering its weight, and its landing attitude will be familiar to those who have flown the Freewing Stinger 90. The Freewing F-16C cruises at 50% throttle and we measured an average top speed of 90mph in level flight after a slight dive. With mixed throttle, an Admiral 6s 5000 mAh 50c battery gives 3-4 minutes of flight, like other Freewing 90mm jets. With its scale landing gear, lights, loadout and other details, the Freewing 90mm F-16C will be the gem of any RC pilot's foam jet fleet.
Visit the Official Freewing 90mm F-16 Discussion Thread on HobbySquawk.com for additional photos, videos, reviews, and customer Q&A.
- Model officially licensed by Lockheed Martin
- NEW! Now includes High Performance 3672-1900Kv inrunner motor with new lightweight 9-blade fan
- Large scale electronic ducted fan RC jet sporting an accurate 77th FS "Gamblers" livery
- Hobbywing 130 Amp Hobbywing ESC with 8A UBEC (PNP only)
- Electric retracts with scale, shock-absorbing struts and main operation, CNC'd from 6061 aluminum and suitable for pavement or short grass
- Sequenced gear doors provide added realism and reduced drag
- Removeable wings, stabilators, vertical stabilizer, and nose cone for easy transport and compact storage
- Machine screws and brass threaded inserts are used to attach the wings for a secure fit and longevity
- Gap-less hinges on ailerons and rudder for scale appearance
- Bright LED navigation lights for enhanced realism and dawn/dusk maneuvers
- Pre-installed LED afterburner
- Carbon fiber wing spars and reinforced body parts
- Easily removable SEAD loadout consisting of two AIM-9M Sidewinders, two AIM-120 AMRAAMs, two AGM-88 HARMs, and two drop tanks
- Upgraded pushrod clevis and metal ball head connectors on elevators provide a robust connection between servo and control surface and eliminate "play"
- Nylon hinges on all control surfaces (superior to foam hinges)
- All electronics and components are pre-installed for your convenience. Just plug in your receiver and battery, and fly! (PNP only)
- Freewing F-16C Super Scale High Performance 90mm EDF Jet - PNP
- 5 Channel radio - select a minimum 5 channel radio from our Radio Collection
- 5 Channel receiver - select a minimum 5 channel receiver from our Receiver Collection If you wish to add flaperons you will need a 6th channel.
- 6 Cell 22.2V 5000 mAh 50c Lipo Battery with EC5 Connector - EPR50006
- 6 Cell compatible battery charger - select a minimum 6 cell (6S) charger from our Charger Collection
1023mm / 40.27in
1522mm / 59.92in
3550g / 125.22oz
CG (Center of Gravity)
118mm - 128mm from the leading edge of the wing at the root
3672-1900Kv Brushless Inrunner Motor
Electronic Speed Control
130A ESC, 8A UBEC, EC5 Connector (PNP only)
Propeller / EDF
90mm EDF with 9 Blade Fan (PNP only)
CNC electric retracts with scale, shock-absorbing struts and main operation
6S 22.2V 5000mAh 50C LiPo with EC5 connector (not included)
Minimum 5-6 Channel (required)
Product Spare Parts