Freewing F-16C Super Scale Thunderbirds 90mm EDF Jet - ARF PLUS
Freewing F-16C Thunderbirds Super Scale 90mm EDF Jet - ARF PLUS - FJ30621K+
Version Info: This is the ARF+ version for pilots who wish to install their own power system. All primary electronics including servos and landing gear come pre-installed, just add your own power system (EDF, motor, and ESC) to begin flying.
The F-16C is a single-engine multirole fighter aircraft originally developed for the United States Air Force (USAF). Designed as an air superiority day fighter, it evolved into a successful all-weather multirole aircraft. In addition to active duty U.S. Air Force, the aircraft is also used by the USAF aerial demonstration team, the U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds.
We worked closely with Freewing in optimizing their all new 90mm F-16C model to do justice to this legendary aircraft. Freewing worked for over a year to design an F-16C that any RC pilot would be proud to own. Simply put, after 200+ test flights, we believe this is the best foam PNP scale F-16 in the world today. While F-16s are available in many sizes throughout our RC hobby, Freewing's 90mm F-16C offers unique features not seen before in a foam F-16 such as scale operating landing gear CNC machined from durable 6061 aluminum, completely removable surfaces, and a pre-installed LED afterburner. Other scale details like a tinted canopy with plastic detailed cockpit, a complete navigation light package, and injection molded details like its "bird slicers" and accurate exhaust nozzle "turkey feathers" set this model apart from other foam F-16s.
Intended as a "Scale Plus" flyer, the Freewing F-16C excels in scale maneuvers like slow high alpha, tight banked turns, and stability throughout its flight envelope. It has a long glideslope considering its weight, and its landing attitude will be familiar to those who have flown the Freewing Stinger 90. The Freewing F-16C cruises at 50% throttle and we measured an average top speed of 90mph in level flight after a slight dive. With mixed throttle, an Admiral 6s 5000 mAh 50c battery gives 3-4 minutes of flight, like other Freewing 90mm jets. With its scale landing gear, lights, loadout and other details, the Freewing 90mm F-16C will be the gem of any RC pilot's foam jet fleet.
Visit the Official Freewing 90mm F-16 Discussion Thread on HobbySquawk.com for additional photos, videos, reviews, and customer Q&A.
- Large scale electronic ducted fan RC jet sporting the famous Thunderbirds livery (photos coming soon)
- 12 Blade factory balanced EDF with metal housing combined with 3748-1550KV brushless outrunner motor produces realistic jet turbine sound (PNP only)
- Composite fan blades combined with metal EDF housing ensure AMA compliance (the fan blades themselves are NOT metal, so there are no flying restrictions - PNP only)
- Hobbywing 130 Amp Hobbywing ESC with 8A UBEC (PNP only)
- Electric retracts with scale, shock-absorbing struts and main operation, CNC'd from 6061 aluminum and suitable for pavement or short grass
- Sequenced gear doors provide added realism and reduced drag
- Removeable wings, stabilators, vertical stabilizer, and nose cone for easy transport and compact storage
- Machine screws and brass threaded inserts are used to attach the wings for a secure fit and longevity
- Gap-less hinges on ailerons and rudder for scale appearance
- Bright LED navigation lights for enhanced realism and dawn/dusk maneuvers
- Pre-installed LED afterburner
- Carbon fiber wing spars and reinforced body parts
- Upgraded pushrod clevis and metal ball head connectors on elevators provide a robust connection between servo and control surface and eliminate "play"
- Nylon hinges on all control surfaces (superior to foam hinges)
- All servos are pre-installed for your convenience. Just select your own power system and fly!
- Freewing F-16C Super Scale Thunderbirds 90mm EDF Jet - ARF PLUS
- 90mm 12-Blade EDF Power System - Click Here to view our EDF Power Systems
- 130A Brushless ESC with 8A UBEC - Click Here
- 5 Channel Radio - Select a minimum 5 channel radio from our Radio Collection
- 5 Channel Receiver - Select a minimum 5 channel receiver from our Receiver Collection (If you would like flaperons it will require a 6th channel).
- 6 Cell 22.2V 5000 mAh 50c Lipo Battery with EC5 Connector - EPR50006
- 6 Cell Compatible Battery Charger - Select a minimum 6 cell (6S) charger from our Charger Collection
1023mm / 40.27in
1522mm / 59.92in
3550g / 125.22oz
|CG (Center of Gravity)||118mm - 128mm from the leading edge of the wing at the root|
3748-1550kV Brushless Outrunner Motor with 3150g thrust (PNP only)
Electronic Speed Control
130A ESC, 8A UBEC, EC5 Connector (PNP only)
Propeller / EDF
90mm Metal Housing EDF with 12 Blade Fan (PNP only)
9g metal gear standard with 300mm lead : left main gear door
|Landing Gear||CNC electric retracts with scale, shock-absorbing struts and main operation|
6S 22.2V 5000mAh 50C LiPo with EC5 connector (not included)
Minimum 5-6 Channel (required)
|Build Time||2 Hours|
Product Spare Parts
Product Questions & AnswersNOTE: Questions submitted on this page are answered by customers who have previously purchased this item. If you have a support related question that requires immediate assistance, please visit our Help Center.
- April 8, 2017 - If you wish to convert your Freewing 90mm F-16 to an 8S setup, this model is designed to CG with two Admiral 4s 4000mah 40c batteries without any modification to the battery bay.
- April 8, 2017 - The models with the Thunderbirds livery have no armament included.
- April 8, 2017 - The ARF+ versions are geared towards pilots who want to install their own power system. The model is designed for versatility, and for future upgradability it is designed to CG with two Admiral 4s 4000mah 40c batteries without any modification to the battery bay, if a pilot wants to install an 8s capable motor/fan/ESC. Everything is installed minus the EDF/motor and ESC.
If you need any additional assistance, please visit the Motion RC Help Center
Motion is the best. TB F-16 is the great.................
The TB F-16 fly's great right out of the box. I have the TB and Grey F-16 both with a CG of 110mm. Some mix out how the Jet will go nose up and balloon at low throttle. Don't mix it out, learn to trust it use it to your advantage. Makes for a beautiful slow nose up landing. Freewing and Motion deliver again!!!!
Difficult to land
Great looking plane, gear doors need adjusting. flies great but very Touchey at slower speed
Birthday present arrived
Upon opening the box, everything was wrapped in plastic, but the plane still jumped out at you. This plane has Thunderbird written all over it. I went with the kit because I wanted to do the upgrade. I have the 8s in runner 12 bladed fan, 150amp OPTO ESC, 18amp UBEC, JP E-Brakes, aluminum 45mm nose wheel, AS3X 9ch Rx, and Mr RC Sound. I'll be using a 09arate 2s 720 lipo to operated the sound card and brakes. I will write more on the build as the winter marches on. Instructions could have been better written, but could follow the diagrams. I will be painting all the landing gear struts white and the tail cone polished chrome. It will look great when finished. Will look into canopy operation as well. Will need to lengthen the wires from the ESC to the motor as they are short and lengthen the power wires to the battery compartment.