Freewing F-16C Super Scale Thunderbirds 90mm EDF Jet - PNP
Freewing F-16C Thunderbirds Super Scale with 12 Blade 90mm EDF Jet - PNP - FJ30621P
Version Info: This is the PNP version of the Freewing F-16 Thunderbirds edition. The Thunderbirds F-16 does not include any armament. Armament can be purchased separately if desired.
The F-16C is a single-engine multirole fighter aircraft originally developed for the United States Air Force (USAF). Designed as an air superiority day fighter, it evolved into a successful all-weather multirole aircraft. In addition to active duty U.S. Air Force, the aircraft is also used by the USAF aerial demonstration team, the U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds.
We worked closely with Freewing in optimizing their all new 90mm F-16C model to do justice to this legendary aircraft. Freewing worked for over a year to design an F-16C that any RC pilot would be proud to own. Simply put, after 200+ test flights, we believe this is the best foam PNP scale F-16 in the world today. While F-16s are available in many sizes throughout our RC hobby, Freewing's 90mm F-16C offers unique features not seen before in a foam F-16 such as scale operating landing gear CNC machined from durable 6061 aluminum, completely removable surfaces, and a pre-installed LED afterburner. Other scale details like a tinted canopy with plastic detailed cockpit, a complete navigation light package, and injection molded details like its "bird slicers" and accurate exhaust nozzle "turkey feathers" set this model apart from other foam F-16s.
The Plug and Play (PNP) version includes a powerful 1650kv outrunner motor and 130A ESC, and is designed for the common 6s 5000mah lipo battery size used in several other Freewing jets. A KIT+ version is also available for pilots who want to install their own power system. The model is designed for versatility, and for future upgradability it is designed to CG with two Admiral 4s 4000mah 40c batteries without any modification to the battery bay, if a pilot wants to install an 8s capable motor/fan/ESC.
Intended as a "Scale Plus" flyer, the Freewing F-16C excels in scale maneuvers like slow high alpha, tight banked turns, and stability throughout its flight envelope. It has a long glideslope considering its weight, and its landing attitude will be familiar to those who have flown the Freewing Stinger 90. The Freewing F-16C cruises at 50% throttle and we measured an average top speed of 90mph in level flight after a slight dive. With mixed throttle, an Admiral 6s 5000 mAh 50c battery gives 3-4 minutes of flight, like other Freewing 90mm jets. With its scale landing gear, lights, loadout and other details, the Freewing 90mm F-16C will be the gem of any RC pilot's foam jet fleet.
Visit the Official Freewing 90mm F-16 Discussion Thread on HobbySquawk.com for additional photos, videos, reviews, and customer Q&A.
- Large scale electronic ducted fan RC jet sporting the famous Thunderbirds livery (photos coming soon)
- 12 Blade factory balanced EDF with metal housing combined with 3748-1650KV brushless outrunner motor produces realistic jet turbine sound (PNP only)
- Composite fan blades combined with metal EDF housing ensure AMA compliance (the fan blades themselves are NOT metal, so there are no flying restrictions - PNP only)
- Hobbywing 130 Amp Hobbywing ESC with 8A UBEC (PNP only)
- Electric retracts with scale, shock-absorbing struts and main operation, CNC'd from 6061 aluminum and suitable for pavement or short grass
- Sequenced gear doors provide added realism and reduced drag
- Removeable wings, stabilators, vertical stabilizer, and nose cone for easy transport and compact storage
- Machine screws and brass threaded inserts are used to attach the wings for a secure fit and longevity
- Gap-less hinges on ailerons and rudder for scale appearance
- Bright LED navigation lights for enhanced realism and dawn/dusk maneuvers
- Pre-installed LED afterburner
- Carbon fiber wing spars and reinforced body parts
- Upgraded pushrod clevis and metal ball head connectors on elevators provide a robust connection between servo and control surface and eliminate "play"
- Nylon hinges on all control surfaces (superior to foam hinges)
- All electronics and components are pre-installed for your convenience. Just plug in your receiver and battery, and fly! (PNP only)
- Freewing F-16C Super Scale Thunderbirds 90mm EDF Jet - PNP
- 5 Channel Radio - Select a minimum 5 channel radio from our Radio Collection
- 5 Channel Receiver - Select a minimum 5 channel receiver from our Receiver Collection (If you wish to use flaperons it will require a 6th channel).
- 6 Cell 22.2V 5000 mAh 50c Lipo Battery with EC5 Connector - EPR50006
- 6 Cell Compatible Battery Charger - Select a minimum 6 cell (6S) charger from our Charger Collection
1023mm / 40.27in
1522mm / 59.92in
3550g / 125.22oz
|CG (Center of Gravity)||118mm - 128mm from the leading edge of the wing at the root|
3748-1650kV Brushless Outrunner Motor
Electronic Speed Control
130A ESC, 8A UBEC, EC5 Connector (PNP only)
Propeller / EDF
90mm Metal Housing EDF with 12 Blade Fan (PNP only)
9g hybrid gear standard with 300mm lead : left main gear door
|Landing Gear||CNC electric retracts with scale, shock-absorbing struts and main operation|
6S 22.2V 5000mAh 50C LiPo with EC5 connector (not included)
Minimum 5-6 Channel (required)
|Build Time||1 Hour|
Product Spare Parts
Product Questions & AnswersNOTE: Questions submitted on this page are answered by customers who have previously purchased this item. If you have a support related question that requires immediate assistance, please visit our Help Center.
- April 8, 2017 - If you wish to convert your Freewing 90mm F-16 to an 8S setup, this model is designed to CG with two Admiral 4s 4000mah 40c batteries without any modification to the battery bay.
- April 8, 2017 - The models with the Thunderbirds livery have no armament included.
- April 8, 2017 - The ARF+ versions are geared towards pilots who want to install their own power system. The model is designed for versatility, and for future upgradability it is designed to CG with two Admiral 4s 4000mah 40c batteries without any modification to the battery bay, if a pilot wants to install an 8s capable motor/fan/ESC. Everything is installed minus the EDF/motor and ESC.
If you need any additional assistance, please visit the Motion RC Help Center
The paint job is absolutely horrible and the fit of some of the parts is just as bad. I debated on sending this one back. Some guys may not care about the overall appearance, it's important to me. I've had this thing for 2 weeks or so and I'm still fixing paint. The motor cover is a very poor fit and is raised up all the way around about an 1/8". The nose cone is also a bad fit and the paint is horrible, lots of red and blue overspray all over the white. The blue underneath is 2-3 different shades of blue. There is so much blue overspray where the wings mount that you have to paint it or it shows badly. The vertical stab was the best looking part out of all of it, minor paint issues that were easily fixed. The exaust cone also no good, will require some work to get it to a scale appearance. The decals are also horrible especially the bottom. The declas running down the side of the jet are badly crooked. Lastly if you want to fly a different number other than #6 your out of luck, better get with Callie or other for your preferred number. For $530 I don't expect perfection, but man this one just looked bad right out of the box. I have no idea on any of the electonics yet, since I'm still working on making the appearance acceptable. I have the HP F-15 up next from first glance it looks a little better. Love the jets just really wish the quality was a bit better and it should be.
Freewing F-16C Super Scale Thunderbirds 90mm EDF Jet -
I did the maiden flight to day and what a beautiful day it was! This jet is absolutely FANTASTIC! It's a sight to behold. Poetry in motion. It's very stable and takes command of the sky. Way ta go Motion R/C and Freewing! You guys have out done yourselves. Awesome!! Bob T.
Awesome product great price
Great aircraft for advanced pilots
Turned Yellow, no power
After 3 years the F16 turned yellow. I always kept it out of the sun when at the field and in my basement for storage. The plane looks like ****. I always felt it needed more power. It took everything it had to get it off the ground with a runway. Have to put the gear up right away to help get it moving. Landings always fun added brakes because if it goes into the grass your placing a parts order. Flight time with new / good Admiral batteries 2 1/2 - 3 minuets. Don’t get me wrong here it was a beautiful plane and the landing gear is a work of art. Once you get it going it flies nice. Maybe the next version will be better!!!!!
Pretty=5 stars. Everything else=1. No power. No thanks.
This is a reality check for everyone who flies these foamy planes. Even the best ones sometimes **** at these price points. I have a rule, “life is too short to mess around with airplanes with issues.” I’m sure mine was an anomaly because Motion wouldn’t purposefully market a plane that was this anemic. First Flight I needed my entire 600’ asphalt runway to get her off the ground with a 5100mah 70C battery. Three flights and full throttle probably produced 70mph max. She smoked that battery in about 2-1/2 minutes and was so underpowered I had to put her down pretty gently in moderate grass which immediately sheared doors and gear off. I probably should have cashed out the but $ 200+ later in gear parts I moved CG forward of the manual and she flew a little better on second flight, but performance was still very bad. 3rd flight used whole runway again and she was rolling hard left which required 100% right trim. Managed to put her down in the grass by a miracle, again bending the soft aluminum front strut, probably at least $40+ to fix. Bad right servo. Walked to pits, pulled my electronics, and handed it to the closest flyer. Freewing F16 is dead to me. Next plane...
f-16c super scale
beautiful jet. flies great. faster than I thought it would be. was easy to assemble and everything was in excellent shape.
During final set up after assembly I was cycling the gear and noticed the right main gear stopped working. I cycled it one more time...still nothing then I noticed a large amount of smoke coming from the airplane. I immediately disconnected the battery and observed that the smoke originated from the right main gear motor. Fortunately this happened on the ground as this would have been disastrous if it was in flight. I notified Motion about this and waiting for a response. Very disappointing for a $500 airplane. Low rating based on the issues with the gear.
Love these Freewing EDF's!! Very nice scale details!!
F-16 ,,,, 90 mm pnp..
Very very disappointed in Motion R.C. After 3 trips to there warehouse, two bad F-16 with gear problems,, have really lose faith in Motion R.C. Looking else where for the F-16. Hope they fix the problem fast because the word will spread quickly.