Freewing F-22 Raptor 90mm EDF Jet - PNP
F-22 Raptor with 9-Blade 90mm EDF Jet from Freewing - PNP - FJ31311P
The F-22 Raptor is the world’s first Fifth Generation fighter that delivers cutting edge advances in low observable “stealth” capabilities, enhanced computer-assisted agility, and precision combat capability. The F-22 represents the future of modern air combat, and its technology continues to set the standard against which all other Fifth Generation fighters are judged.
The Freewing F-22 is a flying RC replica of this innovative fighter jet. Boasting both the lowest stall speed and one of the highest top speeds among all of Freewing’s jets, be prepared to fly a wide flight envelope with this visually stunning model aircraft! Freewing’s F-22 is capable of maneuvers most other EDFs can only dream of –our design team considers it a Performer and a Trainer in one. The Freewing F-22 measures 1500mm in length with a wingspan of 1060mm. Assembled from an array of materials including EPO foam, aluminum, carbon fiber, steel, nylon, plastic, and wood, the Freewing F-22 delivers extreme maneuverability and reliable durability on grass runways. The model aircraft features a mixture of sharp panel lines, graduated paintwork, and realistic decals. More than 15 colors of paint and decals combine to represent the subtle but complex surface shades and panels seen on the full-size F-22. The model’s main colors appear to slightly “shift” depending on the light conditions, with metallic, matte, and semi-gloss surfaces working to achieve the subtle effect. This isn’t your average plain gray jet!
Main Assembly is completed primarily with screws to attach the flying surfaces. The full flying horizontal stabilizers’ metal shafts rotate within steel bearings for smooth operation, and their servos along with the aileron and flap servos are housed within plastic trays for easy removal and servicing. As with the recent popular Freewing 80mm L-39, this Freewing 90mm F-22’s cockpit is also lined with thin plastic to resist heat damage to the darker cockpit surfaces. The main wings disconnect conveniently with a flexible ribbon wire cable, which smartly reduces the load exerted on the actual electronic connections. A magnetic nose cone encased in molded plastic with raised surface details can be removed easily to reduce the model’s length during transport to your flying field. Finally, the onboard MFCB supports expansion of up to eight additional LEDs aside from the sequenced landing light.
The Freewing F-22 is simultaneously capable of extreme expert-level maneuvers and sedate trainer-like flying. A widened gear stance and larger-than-scale grass-appropriate wheels greatly improve ground handling on short grass runways. The servo operated nose gear door is also aided by recessed magnets to help hold the doors shut during flight. Even without flaps, the model can takeoff in less than 100 feet! In the flight pattern, the Freewing F-22 truly shines. It is highly maneuverable and very difficult to stall, and can be flown at high angles of attack including high-alpha, and wild maneuvers including Cobra, inverted Immelmans, etc. Overall, our design team developed the Freewing F-22 to be able to fly a similar pattern to that flown by the real F-22 in its popular air show demonstration routine. Despite its extreme capabilities in the hands of expert RC pilots, the Freewing F-22 can also be cruised comfortably at 40%-50% throttle for stable flying as a 90mm Jet Trainer for RC pilots moving up from the 70mm-80mm Jet sizes. In the landing pattern, flaps are not required to slow the model to a long and level descent. If flaps are used, please see the manual for appropriate mixing.
The Freewing F-22 is available in two PNP versions. The Standard version features a 90mm EDF with an all-new 9 blade single piece impeller, factory balanced for precise operation, paired with a 3748-1750kV outrunner brushless motor and 130A ESC. The Deluxe 8S version features a 90mm 12 blade impeller, also molded as a single unit and factory balanced, mounted to a powerful 4075-1390kV inrunner brushless motor and 150A ESC. The F-22’s maximum level airspeed has been measured at 170KPH / 106MPH and 190KPH / 119MPH between the Standard and Deluxe versions, respectively.
Expanding the customization possibilities with your model, Motion RC also provides free downloads of 3D Printable files for a complete 3DPUP Cockpit Set, Ejection Seat, Static Display AIM-9, and Static Display Intake/Exhaust Covers. These 3DPUP files in .STL format are optimized for printing on common FDM-type printers and require very minimal assembly. For an additional challenge, a Canopy Frame Set is also available for modelers who want to experiment with a fabricating their own servo-driven opening canopy function.
Overall, the Freewing 90mm F-22 is a very approachable flyer and suitable for pilots moving up to their first 90mm jet from a 70mm or 80mm jet. For pilots already familiar with the handling of a 90mm jet, this F-22 offers the potential to master an expanded set of realistic maneuvers.
Put stealth aside –stand out and be seen ruling the skies with your Raptor today!
Visit the Official Freewing 90mm F-22 Raptor Discussion Thread on HobbySquawk.com for additional photos, videos, reviews, and customer Q&A.
- Model officially licensed by Lockheed Martin
- Exceptional low speed stability and high speed agility
- Realistic Scale Maneuver capability includes Cobra, Mongo Flip, J-Turn, Descending Spiral, Hover, etc
- Efficient, balanced, powerful 9-Blade EDF power system
- Has the lowest stall speed and one of the highest top speeds among all of Freewing’s jets
- Large battery bay to easily fit either 6S or 8S battery (for appropriate 6S or 8S Power System)
- Materials include EPO foam, aluminum, carbon fiber, steel, nylon, plastic, and wood for maximum durability
- Features a mixture of sharp panel lines, graduated paintwork, and realistic decals for maximum realism
- MultiShade™ livery incorporating paint and decals with over 12 different colors and subtle shading in metallic, satin, and matte finishes
- Servos are housed within plastic trays for easy removal and servicing
- Cockpit is lined with thin plastic to resist heat damage
- Grass-capable suspension landing gear and sequenced nose gear doors with magnet assist
- Free downloadable 3DPUP Sets including Cockpit Set and Static Display Weapons Bay Set (see the Support Tab for download details)
- Main wings disconnect conveniently with a flexible ribbon wire cable, which smartly reduces the load exerted on the actual electronic connections
- Magnetic nose cone encased in molded plastic with raised surface details can be removed easily to reduce the model’s length during transport to your flying field
- MFCB for wire organization and future expansion-potential with LEDs and optional accessories
- Widened gear stance and larger-than-scale grass-appropriate wheels greatly improve ground handling on short grass runways
- Ball Bearing-supported horizontal stabilators
- Screw-assembly for all flying surfaces
- Capable of Expert-level maneuvers as well as smooth, stable slow flight for less-experienced jet flyers
- Freewing F-22 Raptor 90mm EDF Jet - PNP
- 9-Blade EDF power system (installed)
- 3748-1750kV outrunner brushless motor (installed)
- 130A ESC with EC5 connector (installed)
- Electronic retractable landing gear (installed)
- Servos, LED Lights (installed)
- 6 Channel radio - select a minimum 6 channel radio from our Radio Collection
- 6 Channel receiver - select a minimum 6 channel receiver from our Receiver Collection
- 6 Cell 22.2V 5000 mAh LiPo battery with EC5 connector - we recommend the Admiral 6 Cell 5000 mAh LiPo with EC5 connector
- 6 Cell compatible battery charger - select a minimum 6 cell (6S) charger from our Charger Collection
1 : 13 Scale
1060mm / 41.73in
2960g / 104.41oz (w/o battery)
CG (Center of Gravity)
150mm (5.9") from the leading edge of the wing at the root
6S 3748-1750kV Brushless Outrunner Motor
Electronic Speed Control
130A, EC5 Connector
Propeller / EDF
90mm 9-Blade EDF
9g metal gear digital standard with 500mm lead : nose gear door
Electronic retractable main gear and steerable nose gear with all metal shock absorbing struts
6S 22.2V 5000mAh LiPo with EC5 connector (required)
6 Channel (required)
|Outdoor, 150+ foot paved runway or short manicured grass|
Product Spare Parts
Product Questions & AnswersNOTE: Questions submitted on this page are answered by customers who have previously purchased this item. If you have a support related question that requires immediate assistance, please visit our Help Center.
- January 11, 2019 - These are the 3DPup files for the main gear outer door. You can download the ZIP file directly at this link.
- November 6, 2018 - For modelers with access to a 3D Printer or who want to use a third party 3D printing service, we are offering the original .STL files for free download. Modelers are responsible for preparing the file for their own printer’s specifications. These downloadable files are ideal for modelers who enjoy tinkering with printer settings and materials. Please note, we only provide the .STL files themselves; we cannot provide tech support for your specific printer. By downloading the .STL files, you agree to not monetize the file in any way without Motion RC’s express written consent. If you have your own 3D printer, or have access to one, you can download the STL files directly at this link.
If you need any additional assistance, please visit the Motion RC Help Center
Love the way it flies and bought another while it was on sale
probably the most beautiful plane to watch and fly. I programmed a little flap to elevator when pitching up and it helped it to carry energy better in the corners. Before it just felt a little loose.
Very sweet rendition!
I’m still messing around with the reinforcement, but I gotta say that this plane sings like a pro, and it hits ALL the notes. A very nice job, down to the last detail. Been one of my favorite jets ever since one made The Lovely Denise come up out of her seat at an air show saying “How the **** did it do THAT??” I’ll show you how...
Great looking plane. Easy to assemble. First flight was great, but 2650 (6s) battery was too small, and got very hot. First jet I've had that sits on the front l/g with no battery in the plane. Easy to balance (C/G).
F22 Raptor 6 cell 90mm EDF
The quality is excellent and the build very simple. It flies off grass with no problems and is a superb flier. It is quite a big presence on the ground and in the air. The only slight down side is the battery life, at half throttle l can only get around 3 minutes with a 5000 6's and 3 1/2 minutes with a 5800 6's.
Disclaimer: i have flown all the Freewing EDF's. I had two very minor quality issues on my F-22 that were easily fixed. I think FW has taken an inspired approach to this line up of 90mm: based mainly on weight savings and performance and a bit less on lighting and bling (I still like lighting and bling though!). The paint and decals are excellent but it's the flights that are a pure joy. The plane flies slow AND fast incredibly well, can high Alpha, is remarkably stable, and is capable some cool aerobatics- as seen with the 1:1 version. It seems to me FW engineered the throws to more than other models I've flown and it serves this plane very well- using up elevator on roll out provides great aerodynamic braking and just looks cool! It has been advertised as a good "First EDF" but due to the speed it can achieve I would say hold off without prior EDF experience. Also, little things like adding plastic bumpers to the wing tips, new cheater holes, and indentations in the area around servos to allow adjustment are nice touches that I appreciate from FW. Even though the front wheel is larger than scale, I have come to like it and appreciate that I could operate it on shorter off pavement runways with relative ease- well done FW!
Great aircraft really cheap wheels tires
Very nice aircraft, but the tires are really cheap, if you left the aircraft on the ground for to long, the foam tire will deform and go flat, i have to order the tires from the F-16 90mm the are really good tires and will fit the F-22 model. Motion RC should fix this problem, the combination of a good an awesome quality aircraft, with bad quality tires. This Does not represent your good name.