F-5 Tiger II Camo High Performance 80mm EDF Jet from Freewing - PNP - OPEN BOX
Open Box Details:
- Missing Parts: None
- Damage/Defects: Paint is peeling on the back of the front fuselage near where it meets the cockpit.
- Builder Notes: Simple application of spackle, light sanding and touch up paint to look as good as new. All issues are simple cosmetic fixes and will not affect flight performance.
Please Note: Because of their deeply discounted prices, Open Box merchandise does not include the standard Motion RC warranty and cannot be returned or exchanged even if additional product issues are found. Please consider these restrictions before purchasing Open Box products.
Version Info: This is the High Performance version of the Freewing F-5 Tiger II. This version includes a powerful 3658-1857kV inrunner motor with 12-blade fan, 100A ESC and hybrid metal gear servos.
Introducing the fifth jet in Freewing's 80mm EDF Jet Series, the iconic F-5 Tiger II. This RC airplane proudly wears the livery of the CAG’s jet of the VFC-111 “Sun Downers”, an adversary training squadron in Key West, Florida. Freewing’s rendition incorporates a thicker airfoil to enhance the lifting body design of the original F-5, imparting the stability of an RC model with the standoff scale looks of the real jet. This exciting F-5 model provides speed and scale agility in a stable platform that also looks great!
Freewing's 80mm F-5 Tiger II is the perfect size for easy transport without the need for disassembly. Optimized to fly our common Admiral 6s 4000mAh or 5000mAh lipo battery with an EC5 connector, the Freewing F-5’s pre-installed electronics and control hardware minimizes assembly time to about one hour.
Visit the Official Freewing F-5 Tiger II Discussion Thread on HobbySquawk.com for additional photos, videos, reviews, and customer Q&A.
Powerful and Fast
Fly above 100mph with the F-5’s 12 Blade factory balanced EDF with metal housing combined with a powerful brushless 3658-1857kV inrunner motor, 100A ESC and 5A BEC.
Hybrid metal gear servos on the full flying stabilizers and other control surfaces provide precise control throughout the F-5’s flight envelope.
Freewing’s F-5 is proud to be officially licensed by Northrop Grumman.
Thoughtful scale details include a hand painted pilot, full instrument panel decals.
Armed for Action!
Fully painted AIM-9 Test Missiles quickly mount onto the wingtip rails.
Electronic retractable landing gear with all metal shock-absorbing struts help soak up bumpy landings.
Honor Aviation History!
Factory-applied paint and decals honor the CAG’s livery of the VFC-111 “Sun Downers” Squadron.
Carbon spars and EPO foam construction provide the perfect balance between strength and flexibility.
Nylon hinges are used on all control surfaces, which provides longer lifespan than foam hinges.
Easy To Transport
Removable wings and stabilizers attach with screws for convenient transport and storage.
- NEW! 12 Blade factory balanced EDF with metal housing combined with a powerful brushless 3658-1857kV inrunner motor
- NEW! 100 Amp Hobbywing ESC with 5A BEC
- NEW! Hybrid metal gear servos throughout
- Model officially licensed by Northrop Grumman
- Composite fan blades combined with metal EDF housing make the Super Scorpion AMA compliant
- Super scale details include hand painted, scale-sized pilot and full instrument panel
- Proudly displaying the livery of the CAG’s jet of the VFC-111 “Sun Downers”
- Electronic retractable landing gear with all metal shock-absorbing struts
- Steerable, shock absorbing nose gear for enhanced ground maneuverability
- Spring operated nose gear door
- Carbon spars and EPO foam construction provide the perfect balance between strength and flexibility
- Nylon hinges on all control surfaces (superior to foam hinges)
- Gapless flap hinges
- Inrunner motor, servos, ESC and EDF come pre-installed for your convenience
- Removable wings and stabilizers for convenient transport
- Freewing F-5 Tiger II Camo High Performance 80mm EDF Jet - PNP
- 6 Channel Radio - Select a minimum 6 channel radio from our Radio Collection
- 6 Channel Receiver - Select a minimum 6 channel receiver from our Receiver Collection
- 6 Cell 22.2V 4000 mAh LiPo Battery with EC5 connector - EPR40006PRO
- 6 Cell Compatible Battery Charger - Select a minimum 6 cell (6S) charger from our Charger Collection
800mm / 31.49in
1250mm / 49.21in
2200g / 78oz
|CG (Center of Gravity)||Please refer to the manual|
3658-1857kV Brushless Inrunner Motor
Electronic Speed Control
100A ESC, 5A BEC, EC5 Connector
Propeller / EDF
80mm Metal EDF with 12 Blade Fan
9g hybrid gear standard with 100mm lead : elevator left
|Landing Gear||Electronic retractable main gear and steerable nose gear with all metal shock absorbing struts|
6S 22.2V 4000mAh-5000mAh LiPo (required)
|Skill Level||Advanced Intermediate / Advanced|
|Build Time||30 Minutes|