Freewing F-5 Tiger II Swiss 80mm EDF Jet - PNP
Freewing F-5 Tiger II Swiss 80mm EDF Jet - PNP - FJ20821P
Introducing the fifth jet in Freewing's 80mm EDF Jet Series, the iconic F-5 Tiger II. This comes in the Swiss livery. Freewing’s rendition incorporates a thicker airfoil to enhance the lifting body design of the original F-5, imparting the stability of an RC model with the standoff scale looks of the real jet. Utilizing Freewing’s proven 80mm 12 blade EDF with a 1750kv outrunner motor and 80A ESC, this F-5 model offers speed and scale agility in a stable platform that also looks great in a never before modeled color scheme. Bring something unique to your RC airfield!
Freewing's 80mm F-5 Tiger II is the perfect size for easy transport without the need for disassembly. For more versatile transportation or compact storage options, the rigid, carbon fiber reinforced wings are removable with screws, as are the unique vertical stabilizers, and full flying horizontal stabilizers. Metal gear servos on the full flying horizontal stabilizers ensure positive control, and pre-installed flaps help to slow down landings. Designed for operation on pavement or very short grass, the F-5 features aluminum trailing link struts all around for durability, and the shock absorbing struts dampen hard landings to reduce bouncing. Plastic main gear doors and a spring-hinged full coverage nose gear door minimize drag and maximize speed.
For pilots who have flown other aircraft in Freewing's 80mm Jet Series, the F-5 Tiger II is stable like the F-86 Sabre, and is slightly slower than the Mirage 2000 with a less axial roll rate, making the F-5 an ideal first 80mm jet. The three tone desert camouflage color scheme is very easy to see against a blue sky, and the included missiles aid in visibility. The F-5 is optimized to fly our Admiral 6s 4000mAh lipo battery with an EC5 connector, but it can also accommodate the Admiral 4500mAh or 5000mAh. Pre-installed electronics and control hardware minimizes assembly time to about one hour. The Freewing 80mm F-5 Tiger II is recommended for Intermediate to Advanced pilots only.
- Model officially licensed by Northrop Grumman
- 12 Blade factory balanced EDF with metal housing and 3530-1750KV brushless outrunner motor produces realistic jet turbine sound
- Composite fan blades combined with metal EDF housing make the Super Scorpion AMA compliant
- Super scale details include hand painted, scale-sized pilot and full instrument panel
- Eye-catching Swiss livery
- 80 Amp Hobbywing ESC with 5A BEC
- Electronic retractable landing gear with all metal shock-absorbing struts
- Steerable, shock absorbing nose gear for enhanced ground maneuverability
- Spring operated nose gear door
- Carbon spars and EPO foam construction provide the perfect balance between strength and flexibility
- Nylon hinges on all control surfaces (superior to foam hinges)
- Gapless flap hinges
- Outrunner motor, servos, ESC and EDF come pre-installed for your convenience
- Removable wings and stabilizers for convenient transport
- Freewing 80mm 12-Blade Metal EDF F-5 Tiger II - PNP
- 6 Channel Radio - Select a minimum 6 channel radio from our Radio Collection
- 6 Channel Receiver - Select a minimum 6 channel receiver from our Receiver Collection
- 6 Cell 22.2V 4000 mAh LiPo Battery with EC5 connector - EPR40006PRO
- 6 Cell Compatible Battery Charger - Select a minimum 6 cell (6S) charger from our Charger Collection
800mm / 31.49in
1250mm / 49.21in
2200g / 78oz
|CG (Center of Gravity)||Please refer to the manual|
3530-1750kV Brushless Outrunner Motor
Electronic Speed Control
80A ESC, 5A BEC, EC5 Connector
Propeller / EDF
80mm Metal EDF with 12 Blade Fan
9g metal gear standard with 550mm lead : nose gear steering, left aileron, right aileron, left flap
|Landing Gear||Electronic retractable main gear and steerable nose gear with all metal shock absorbing struts|
6S 22.2V 4000mAh-5000mAh LiPo (required)
|Skill Level||Advanced Intermediate / Advanced|
|Build Time||30 Minutes|
Product Spare Parts
Product Questions & AnswersNOTE: Questions submitted on this page are answered by customers who have previously purchased this item. If you have a support related question that requires immediate assistance, please visit our Help Center.
- Reviews (18)
- Questions (3)
This will be #3 for me on this particular plane...Beautiful a/c but you need to keep it close as it is easy to get disoriented with...Was missing hardware set but motion sent me another...
Hi pilots, Great jet highly recommended. I have both color schemes and both are easy to see .. enjoy .
Little more work than i expected.
Glue in retracts, servo wires ran and secured, hook up y-cables. Could have been a littlle more plug and play.
Stable Fast and Grass Capable
This jet looks fast and is fast. It's also extremely stable, especially on approach. I fly it off a grass strip using about 20mm of flaps for takeoff. She gets off in less than 200ft every time. On landing I routinely use about 40mm of flaps. The red and white scheme is easy to see in our area which is full of pine trees. I fly mine with the Admiral 4000 60C and the plane balanced at the book CG. No trim. Perfect. I think some people may be confusing battery placement with CG. Just balance it as described in the manual and it will fly like missile and land like a trainer. Very happy with this jet.
F5 Tiger - Patrouille Suisse
Very fast delivery without any problems. Plane is very detailed and as of very good quality. Flyes like a dream.
This is an awesome jet. The sound is absolutely amazing. Very fast and beautiful to watch streaking by. Just wish it was bigger. Maybe the next version!!
Freewing F5 Tiger
Great looking airplane and the detail is unbelievable. Had a bad gear servo, but a note to MRC and I had another one in 2 days! MRC is the best!!
What a beauty
I love screaming across the sky. Rolling knife-edge,point rolls,inverted. F-5 does it with style. Not too big not too small. Puts a large smile on my face every time. Recently I installed a gyro. It makes me look and feel like an air-show pro. Truly my favorite jet and I own most of them. F15.F-16.F-18.stinger 90,and Euro-fighter. So this is the one I'm most happy with.