Freewing F-86 Sabre 80mm EDF Jet - PNP
Freewing 80mm 12-Blade Metal EDF F-86 Sabre Fighter Jet - Receiver Ready in Jolley Roger Color Scheme - FJ20312P
The Freewing 80mm EDF F-86 Sabre is modeled after the North American F-86F that was flown by USAF Ace Captain Clifford D. Jolley. Captain Jolley, call sign "Jolley Roger", flew in the 4th Fighter Interceptor Wing of the 335th Fighter Interceptor Squadron (Chiefs) during the Korean War and is credited with seven confirmed enemy victories. Such a famous plane deserves a scale model which lives up to legend of Captain Jolley, and Freewing has delivered with the 80mm EDF F-86.
The first thing you will notice about the Freewing F-86 is it's scale appearance and accurate proportions. You won't find a non-scale, over-sized intake on this jet; Freewing has created this famous jet in perfect proportions while not sacrificing performance. Speaking of performance, the Freewing F-86 uses the new 80mm 12-blade EDF with metal housing combined with a powerful 1750kV motor to produce nearly 6 pounds of thrust for awesome speed and incredible maneuverability.
The sound produced from the 12 blade EDF is sure to turn heads at the flying field. While 5 and 6 blade EDFs produce a high pitched whining sound, the 12 blade EDF with metal housing produces the "whoosh" and air crushing sound similar to a gas turbine jet. Additional upgraded features include an 80A Hobbywing ESC, 9g precision servos, electronic retracts with full metal shock absorbing struts, scale drop down flaps, and magnetically removable drop tanks. Keep Captain Jolley's legend alive, own the Freewing 80mm EDF F-86 Sabre Fighter Jet.
Visit the Official Freewing 80mm F-86 Sabre Discussion Thread on HobbySquawk.com for additional photos, videos, reviews, and customer Q&A.
- 12 Blade factory balanced EDF with metal housing combined with 3530-1750KV brushless outrunner motor produces realistic jet turbine sound and an incredible 6 lbs of thrust
- Composite fan blades combined with metal EDF housing make the F86 AMA compliant (the fan blades themselves are NOT metal, so there are no flying restrictions)
- Super scale details include hand painted pilots, scale drop tanks, machine gun turrets, airfoil panel lines, and super detailed USAF "Jolley Roger" graphics package
- 80 Amp Hobbywing ESC with 5A BEC
- Electronic retractable landing gear with all metal shock-absorbing struts
- Steerable, shock absorbing nose gear for enhanced ground maneuverability
- Full function drop down flaps allow shorter take-off distances and slow, scale landings
- Independently controlled elevators allow perfect trim and more responsive climb and descent capability
- Drop tanks are connected via rare earth magnets to allow easy attachment and detactment
- Carbon spars and EPO foam construction provide the perfect balance between strength and flexibility
- Nylon hinges on all control surfaces (superior to foam hinges)
- Outrunner motor, servos, ESC and EDF come pre-installed for your convenience.
- 6 Channel Radio - Select a minimum 6 channel radio from our Radio Collection
- 6 Channel Receiver - Select a minimum 6 channel receiver from our Receiver Collection
- 6 Cell 22.2V 4000 mAh LiPo Battery with EC5 connector - EPR40006PRO
- 6 Cell Compatible Battery Charger - Select a minimum 6 cell (6S) charger from our Charger Collection
1200mm / 47.2in
1200mm / 47.2in
2300g / 81.1oz
|CG (Center of Gravity)||check manual|
3530-1750kV Brushless Outrunner Motor
Electronic Speed Control
80A ESC, 5A BEC, EC5 Connector
Propeller / EDF
80mm Metal EDF with 12 Blade Fan
9g metal gear standard with 300mm lead : left elevator, nose gear steering, left flap
|Landing Gear||Full metal retractable main and steerable nose gear with shock absorbing struts|
6S 22.2V 4000mAh-4500mAh (4500 40C or 4000 60C) LiPo
|Build Time||2 Hours|
Product Spare Parts
Product Questions & AnswersNOTE: Questions submitted on this page are answered by customers who have previously purchased this item. If you have a support related question that requires immediate assistance, please visit our Help Center.
The only issue I had was the screws are not the best, I think hex bolts are better. Other than that it is a great kit.
I had flown now for 5 years with experience on many planes including the FMS Trojan 1400mm. I was looking for a first EDF and I couldn’t be happier with my selection. Such a sweet flying Jet. Not super fast but fast enough and has great slow flying characteristics. She just glides in and right before touchdown you flare up the nose. Land on those mains and let the nose fall as she bleeds off speed. I’m using the Admiral 4500 and I’m getting a little over 3:00 flight time. No bad characteristics so far in her flights. I’m flying off a paved runway so I can’t speak for grass. Plenty of power. The sound is awesome!! If you’re on the fence jump off and grab this beauty.
All frewing jets are the best
Awesome jets very easy to assemble looks are very scale .ease of flying just awesome aircraft.
This is my 2nd Freewing F-86 EDF, and I'm happy to say it's a great jet. This plane flies great, is super-easy to build and straight forward to operate. If you a decent amount of low wing warbird experience, you'll have no trouble with this plane, and you'll love it. it takes off and lands easy and it has no bad handling qualities. Not super fast, but very scale and fast enough. It looks and sounds great, too. The paint job almost looks like aluminum, especially in the air. Can't go wrong with this plane. If you want an EDF, pull the trigger. You'll be glad you did. Enjoy!
Super great attention to detail, very impressed, only thing missing is the actual air brakes, but also understand a foamy to. This model looks like its dong 200 MPH just setting in the box. Packaging is of the ultimate, no damage found, wish I had had a another day it would have flown at Warbirds Over the Rockies. Have not flown it yet so I can't really rate performance but if its anything like the one on You Tube, I expect perfection as Failure is not an Option
Super stable Jet, very easy to land, I would recommend this as a first big edf Jet to anyone who has flown a smaller 64-70mm and ready to move up to a bigger jet, it is not lacking for power and doesn’t t need a ton of runway to rotate and the vertical is nice, I fly this jet at 6,000 feet above sea level, anyone closer to sea level would probably get even better performance. If you’re on the fence trying to decide about this one, don’t worry she’s a mellow bird and behaves well.
Ok so I fly off grass, but only do so if you can guarantee a greaser every time, otherwise your gonna have a world of pain with the u/c. Once in the air it looks great, sounds great and is rock steady, I love it, just wish I got longer flight times.
very good quality
Very good price on a great plane