Freewing F-86 Sabre 80mm EDF Jet - PNP
Freewing 80mm 12-Blade Metal EDF F-86 Sabre Fighter Jet - Receiver Ready in Jolley Roger Color Scheme - FJ20312P
The Freewing 80mm EDF F-86 Sabre is modeled after the North American F-86F that was flown by USAF Ace Captain Clifford D. Jolley. Captain Jolley, call sign "Jolley Roger", flew in the 4th Fighter Interceptor Wing of the 335th Fighter Interceptor Squadron (Chiefs) during the Korean War and is credited with seven confirmed enemy victories. Such a famous plane deserves a scale model which lives up to legend of Captain Jolley, and Freewing has delivered with the 80mm EDF F-86.
The first thing you will notice about the Freewing F-86 is it's scale appearance and accurate proportions. You won't find a non-scale, over-sized intake on this jet; Freewing has created this famous jet in perfect proportions while not sacrificing performance. Speaking of performance, the Freewing F-86 uses the new 80mm 12-blade EDF with metal housing combined with a powerful 1680kV motor to produce nearly 6 pounds of thrust for awesome speed and incredible maneuverability.
The sound produced from the 12 blade EDF is sure to turn heads at the flying field. While 5 and 6 blade EDFs produce a high pitched whining sound, the 12 blade EDF with metal housing produces the "whoosh" and air crushing sound similar to a gas turbine jet. Additional upgraded features include an 80A Hobbywing ESC, 9g precision servos, electronic retracts with full metal shock absorbing struts, scale drop down flaps, and magnetically removable drop tanks. Keep Captain Jolley's legend alive, own the Freewing 80mm EDF F-86 Sabre Fighter Jet.
Visit the Official Freewing 80mm F-86 Sabre Discussion Thread on HobbySquawk.com for additional photos, videos, reviews, and customer Q&A.
- 12 Blade factory balanced EDF with metal housing combined with 3530-1680kV brushless outrunner motor produces realistic jet turbine sound
- Composite fan blades combined with metal EDF housing make the F86 AMA compliant (the fan blades themselves are NOT metal, so there are no flying restrictions)
- Super scale details include hand painted pilots, scale drop tanks, machine gun turrets, airfoil panel lines, and super detailed USAF "Jolley Roger" graphics package
- 80 Amp Hobbywing ESC with 5A BEC
- Electronic retractable landing gear with all metal shock-absorbing struts
- Steerable, shock absorbing nose gear for enhanced ground maneuverability
- Full function drop down flaps allow shorter take-off distances and slow, scale landings
- Independently controlled elevators allow perfect trim and more responsive climb and descent capability
- Drop tanks are connected via rare earth magnets to allow easy attachment and detactment
- Carbon spars and EPO foam construction provide the perfect balance between strength and flexibility
- Nylon hinges on all control surfaces (superior to foam hinges)
- Outrunner motor, servos, ESC and EDF come pre-installed for your convenience.
- 6 Channel Radio - Select a minimum 6 channel radio from our Radio Collection
- 6 Channel Receiver - Select a minimum 6 channel receiver from our Receiver Collection
- 6 Cell 22.2V 4000 mAh LiPo Battery with EC5 connector - EPR40006PRO
- 6 Cell Compatible Battery Charger - Select a minimum 6 cell (6S) charger from our Charger Collection
1200mm / 47.2in
1200mm / 47.2in
2300g / 81.1oz
|CG (Center of Gravity)||check manual|
3530-1680kV Brushless Outrunner Motor
Electronic Speed Control
80A ESC, 5A BEC, EC5 Connector
Propeller / EDF
80mm Metal EDF with 12 Blade Fan
9g standard with 300mm lead : left elevator, nose gear steering, left flap
|Landing Gear||Full metal retractable main and steerable nose gear with shock absorbing struts|
6S 22.2V 4000mAh-4500mAh (4500 40C or 4000 60C) LiPo
|Build Time||2 Hours|
Product Spare Parts
Product Questions & AnswersNOTE: Questions submitted on this page are answered by customers who have previously purchased this item. If you have a support related question that requires immediate assistance, please visit our Help Center.
F-86 80mm EFD
Delivery time as promised.
F-86 Sabre by Freewing
It assembled quickly and without problems. The maiden flight with a 4400 mah battery took off smoothly! It flew without any adjustments and flew on rails! The landing was a little bouncy and broke the nose landing gear; my fault for not keeping power on the touch down! It’ll be flying again as soon as I get the new nose landing gear! Nice jet with good details and nice flight characteristics! I love it!!
My first F-86 was damaged in shipment and MC stood behind it with no question. Very happy with the product and Motion RC
So far, I am very impressed with your product, and more so, with your customer service. I just joined a club, and am new to the sport, so I'll review the plane itself, after I've flown it. My Father flew 100 missions in this plane, in Korea, and the detail and scale of the plane are exceptional! I can't wait to test the power upgrade.
Excellent first “Big” EDF
This is an excellent freewing product I will keep recommending. I purchased this in February 2019 here I am several months later still very pleased with 100+ flights, and still rocking! Very stable, fun, just enough speed and super predictable landing attitude and decent slow flight characteristics make this a good first “large” edf if stepping up from 4s 64 or 70mm setups. Good flight time I get 3 1/2 minutes mixed throttle fast low passes split s maneuvers etc on the Admiral 4000 pro 6s LiPo, wheels down and taxi’d back at 3.8v a cell. Doesn’t take up tons of runway taking off, I land very easily on a 200’ paved runway using recommended flaps. I would not recommend grass operations but if you have the amenities this is a great edf, if I trash it I’m gonna buy another one. 5 stars all day.
Awesome product great price
One of the nicest jets i've owned yet, fly's great, looks incredible
F-86 Sabre 80mm EDF Jet
I would buy another one.
Needs more power
I fly off a well kept & short cut grass runway. This plane can barely get off the ground with 30% flaps. Once in the air it flies great. Others in my club have replaced the stock EDF with a 90 mm fan and 100 ESC which make take offs a breeze. I’m sticking with the stock set up because it provides entertainment for club members on takeoff. This should be offered in an ARF version so that adequate power can be installed
I loved this jet so much I just purchased a 2nd one. For me it is an excellent 1st timer jet model.