Freewing F-86 Sabre 80mm EDF Jet - PNP
Freewing 80mm 12-Blade Metal EDF F-86 Sabre Fighter Jet - Receiver Ready in Jolley Roger Color Scheme - FJ20312P
The Freewing 80mm EDF F-86 Sabre is modeled after the North American F-86F that was flown by USAF Ace Captain Clifford D. Jolley. Captain Jolley, call sign "Jolley Roger", flew in the 4th Fighter Interceptor Wing of the 335th Fighter Interceptor Squadron (Chiefs) during the Korean War and is credited with seven confirmed enemy victories. Such a famous plane deserves a scale model which lives up to legend of Captain Jolley, and Freewing has delivered with the 80mm EDF F-86.
The first thing you will notice about the Freewing F-86 is it's scale appearance and accurate proportions. You won't find a non-scale, over-sized intake on this jet; Freewing has created this famous jet in perfect proportions while not sacrificing performance. Speaking of performance, the Freewing F-86 uses the new 80mm 12-blade EDF with metal housing combined with a powerful 1680kV motor to produce nearly 6 pounds of thrust for awesome speed and incredible maneuverability.
The sound produced from the 12 blade EDF is sure to turn heads at the flying field. While 5 and 6 blade EDFs produce a high pitched whining sound, the 12 blade EDF with metal housing produces the "whoosh" and air crushing sound similar to a gas turbine jet. Additional upgraded features include an 80A Hobbywing ESC, 9g precision servos, electronic retracts with full metal shock absorbing struts, scale drop down flaps, and magnetically removable drop tanks. Keep Captain Jolley's legend alive, own the Freewing 80mm EDF F-86 Sabre Fighter Jet.
Visit the Official Freewing 80mm F-86 Sabre Discussion Thread on HobbySquawk.com for additional photos, videos, reviews, and customer Q&A.
- 12 Blade factory balanced EDF with metal housing combined with 3530-1680kV brushless outrunner motor produces realistic jet turbine sound
- Composite fan blades combined with metal EDF housing make the F86 AMA compliant (the fan blades themselves are NOT metal, so there are no flying restrictions)
- Super scale details include hand painted pilots, scale drop tanks, machine gun turrets, airfoil panel lines, and super detailed USAF "Jolley Roger" graphics package
- 80 Amp Hobbywing ESC with 5A BEC
- Electronic retractable landing gear with all metal shock-absorbing struts
- Steerable, shock absorbing nose gear for enhanced ground maneuverability
- Full function drop down flaps allow shorter take-off distances and slow, scale landings
- Independently controlled elevators allow perfect trim and more responsive climb and descent capability
- Drop tanks are connected via rare earth magnets to allow easy attachment and detactment
- Carbon spars and EPO foam construction provide the perfect balance between strength and flexibility
- Nylon hinges on all control surfaces (superior to foam hinges)
- Outrunner motor, servos, ESC and EDF come pre-installed for your convenience.
- 6 Channel Radio - Select a minimum 6 channel radio from our Radio Collection
- 6 Channel Receiver - Select a minimum 6 channel receiver from our Receiver Collection
- 6 Cell 22.2V 4000 mAh LiPo Battery with EC5 connector - EPR40006PRO
- 6 Cell Compatible Battery Charger - Select a minimum 6 cell (6S) charger from our Charger Collection
1200mm / 47.2in
1200mm / 47.2in
2300g / 81.1oz
|CG (Center of Gravity)||check manual|
3530-1680kV Brushless Outrunner Motor
Electronic Speed Control
80A ESC, 5A BEC, EC5 Connector
Propeller / EDF
80mm Metal EDF with 12 Blade Fan
9g standard with 300mm lead : left elevator, nose gear steering, left flap
|Landing Gear||Full metal retractable main and steerable nose gear with shock absorbing struts|
6S 22.2V 4000mAh-4500mAh (4500 40C or 4000 60C) LiPo
|Build Time||2 Hours|
Product Spare Parts
Product Questions & AnswersNOTE: Questions submitted on this page are answered by customers who have previously purchased this item. If you have a support related question that requires immediate assistance, please visit our Help Center.
F-86 Sabre 80mm EDF Jet
I would buy another one.
Needs more power
I fly off a well kept & short cut grass runway. This plane can barely get off the ground with 30% flaps. Once in the air it flies great. Others in my club have replaced the stock EDF with a 90 mm fan and 100 ESC which make take offs a breeze. I’m sticking with the stock set up because it provides entertainment for club members on takeoff. This should be offered in an ARF version so that adequate power can be installed
I loved this jet so much I just purchased a 2nd one. For me it is an excellent 1st timer jet model.
Now wrere talking!
Nice jet a little under powered for my liking. Swapped out stock setup for the Avanti 3350-1850 kv with 100 amp esc. Now we're talking!!
FW F-86 Saber
Put together in 15 minutes. Took to my 10ch FS-ia10 easily and was easy to slave steering servo to rudder.
FIRST EDF...WHAT A BALL TO FLY!
I've been flying about 15 years and this was my first EDF. This bird had a wonderful scale take off and a perfect landing on the maiden flight. if you get one make sure you check your CG and look at the forums for the correct CG.. The GC is farther back than the book when using an Admiral 4000Mah. I did and it flew great. I highly recommend.
Fun, easy flying jet.
This is a great fun jet. I fly mostly war birds, and am pretty new to jets. With the stock set up the Saber flies great but not too fast, so it is great for an experienced pilot to start learning jets. I have about a dozen flights on mine now with no issues.
This is a great EDF jet! Easy to assemble, looks great and amazing to fly. In flight it goes straight as an arrow, has no nasty habits, slows down as nicely as possible for a jet and is basically very forgiving. Ordering was easy and straightforward. Shipping was amazingly fast!!! It was packed and ready to ship on the day I ordered it. Sent the very next day (the day before the 4th of July holiday and arrived the Friday after July 4th!!! Ordered Tuesday July 2nd Shipped July 3rd arrived July 5th with the holiday in the middle--unbelievable--and this was standard free shipping! It came from Cary Illinois and shipped to Tampa Fl area. It was packed extremely well! I couldn't be happier!
Great flyer sounds great
Great flyer sounds great