Freewing High Performance 80mm 12-Blade Metal EDF F-86 Sabre Fighter Jet - Receiver Ready in Jolley Roger Color Scheme - FJ20313P
Version Info: This is the High Performance version of the Freewing F-86 Sabre 80mm EDF Jet. This version includes a powerful 3658-1857kV inrunner motor with 12-blade fan, 100A ESC and hybrid metal gear servos.
The Freewing 80mm EDF F-86 Sabre is modeled after the North American F-86F that was flown by USAF Ace Captain Clifford D. Jolley. Captain Jolley, call sign "Jolley Roger", flew in the 4th Fighter Interceptor Wing of the 335th Fighter Interceptor Squadron (Chiefs) during the Korean War and is credited with seven confirmed enemy victories. Such a famous plane deserves a scale model which lives up to legend of Captain Jolley, and Freewing has delivered with the 80mm EDF F-86.
The first thing you will notice about the Freewing F-86 is it's scale appearance and accurate proportions. You won't find a non-scale, over-sized intake on this jet; Freewing has created this famous jet in perfect proportions while not sacrificing performance. Speaking of performance, the Freewing F-86 uses the new 80mm 12-blade EDF with metal housing combined with a powerful 1857kV motor for awesome speed and incredible maneuverability.
The sound produced from the 12 blade EDF is sure to turn heads at the flying field. While 5 and 6 blade EDFs produce a high pitched whining sound, the 12 blade EDF with metal housing produces the "whoosh" and air crushing sound similar to a gas turbine jet. Additional upgraded features include an 100A Hobbywing ESC, 9g precision hybrid servos, electronic retracts with full metal shock absorbing struts, scale drop down flaps, and magnetically removable drop tanks. Keep Captain Jolley's legend alive, own the Freewing 80mm EDF F-86 Sabre Fighter Jet.
Visit the Official Freewing 80mm F-86 Sabre Discussion Thread on HobbySquawk.com for additional photos, videos, reviews, and customer Q&A.
- NEW! 12 Blade factory balanced EDF with metal housing combined with a powerful brushless 3658-1857kV inrunner motor
- NEW! 100 Amp Hobbywing ESC with 5A BEC
- NEW! Hybrid metal gear servos throughout
- Composite fan blades combined with metal EDF housing make the F86 AMA compliant (the fan blades themselves are NOT metal, so there are no flying restrictions)
- Super scale details include hand painted pilots, scale drop tanks, machine gun turrets, airfoil panel lines, and super detailed USAF "Jolley Roger" graphics package
- Electronic retractable landing gear with all metal shock-absorbing struts
- Steerable, shock absorbing nose gear for enhanced ground maneuverability
- Full function drop down flaps allow shorter take-off distances and slow, scale landings
- Independently controlled elevators allow perfect trim and more responsive climb and descent capability
- Drop tanks are connected via rare earth magnets to allow easy attachment and detactment
- Carbon spars and EPO foam construction provide the perfect balance between strength and flexibility
- Nylon hinges on all control surfaces (superior to foam hinges)
- Outrunner motor, servos, ESC and EDF come pre-installed for your convenience.
- 6 Channel Radio - Select a minimum 6 channel radio from our Radio Collection
- 6 Channel Receiver - Select a minimum 6 channel receiver from our Receiver Collection
- 6 Cell 22.2V 4000 mAh LiPo Battery with EC5 connector - EPR40006PRO
- 6 Cell Compatible Battery Charger - Select a minimum 6 cell (6S) charger from our Charger Collection
1200mm / 47.2in
1200mm / 47.2in
2300g / 81.1oz
|CG (Center of Gravity)||check manual|
3658-1857kV Brushless Inrunner Motor
Electronic Speed Control
100A ESC, 5A BEC, EC5 Connector
Propeller / EDF
80mm Metal EDF with 12 Blade Fan
9g hybrid standard with 300mm lead : left elevator, nose gear steering, left flap
|Landing Gear||Full metal retractable main and steerable nose gear with shock absorbing struts|
6S 22.2V 4000mAh-4500mAh (4500 40C or 4000 60C) LiPo
|Build Time||2 Hours|
Product Spare Parts
Product Questions & AnswersNOTE: Questions submitted on this page are answered by customers who have previously purchased this item. If you have a support related question that requires immediate assistance, please visit our Help Center.
Great shipping and packaging
Nice flying jet with no nasty habits. Plenty of power to get off a poorly manicured grass runway and good handling once airborne. I get 3:30 minutes with a Admiral pro 4000 and come down at 3.83/cell. Lands easily and after 12 flights no gear problems. Added landing, NAv and beacon lights and gyro. 83
flys very nice, handles grass runway well, stable. Id be interested in trying it on 8s fo a bit more power
Love this plane! This is my second one..... I bought the first version years ago when it first came out. Flies great!
Lackluster performance and only 2 1/2 minute flying times with a 6S 4,000 mah 60C Lipo pack. It flies best with battery pack 1 inch aft of placement per manual’s recommended center of gravity.
I’d like to see what’s in stock ?? Why can things not be ordered to replace what runs out ?? Also order a couple 3D extra giant and order with max available upgrades . I know If I’m going to spend 5000.00 I want all the bells and whistles!! This will in tern give your company the extra cash income to order the extra inventory ! I love this site I want to see it grow until you can buy anything and every plane car or anything else !! Then you will tule the net !! Thank you and keep up the good work I just want more ! I want to put a order in for a 10 to 12 foot long wingspan airplane 3 d ! That’s 15 to 20 grand and I want to spend it here ! I’d rather not drive all over to buy it I would like to order it in ! Thanks so much I hope to see some of this in the future at least one giant 3D sirplane and copter !! James Z.
Nice airplane overall for the price point. Easy set up and great addition to our fleet. Motor mount was positioned on top of power wires from ESC and caused an engine failure on first flight in a position that was unrecoverable and led to complete destruction of jet.
Great looks and quality. Sound is awesome. Make sure the esc is not blocking intake air!
Great model jet, I love it. Went together quickly and is an outstanding flyer with awesome power.