Freewing F/A-18C Hornet "Base Gray" 90mm EDF Jet - PNP
F/A-18C Hornet "Base Gray" with 9-Blade 90mm EDF Jet from Freewing - PNP - FJ31421P
Over ten years ago, Freewing began developing their first American 90mm EDF, the F/A-18E Super Hornet. Made of EPS foam and sporting a plastic five blade fan, that model was one of the first 90mm PNPs to demonstrate Freewing’s dreams, and it set the stage for their evolution. Having partnered with us at Motion RC for the past seven years, we’ve all been humbly privileged to expand the Foam EDF Jet’s place in the RC hobby and earn the business of customers worldwide. Thank you for your continued feedback, excitement, and trust!
To celebrate Freewing’s Eleventh anniversary, we are proud to announce an all-new 90mm F/A-18C Hornet, complete with all the latest features common to modern era EDFs in our Super Scale series. Be sure to save a summer slot for the Freewing F/A-18C, the quintessential 90mm Hornet on the planet!
Visit the Official Freewing 90mm F/A-18C Hornet Discussion Thread on HobbySquawk.com for additional photos, videos, reviews, and customer Q&A.
- This is not a V3, but a completely new design/variant from the ground-up
- F/A-18C “Legacy”, the world’s first C variant 90mm PNP
- Efficient and powerful 90mm 9-Blade EDF
- 6S 5000-6000mAh lipo can easily achieve 4-5+ minutes of managed flight time (see our video in the video tab above)
- Manufactured with durable and quality EPO foam, not EPS
- Complete screw-together assembly without the need for any glue
- Scale outline, including open vents between the fuselage and intakes, and downward angled wingtip rails never before seen in a foam F-18
- Completely concealed elevator servos and elevator control hardware for less drag and clean scale outline
- Full coverage plastic undercarriage doors
- Aluminum suspension undercarriage
- Trailing link struts
- Low visibility rudder servo placement
- Low visibility flap servo placement and geometry
- All-new plastic Fowler flap arm hinges to mimic those on the real F-18
- Removable plastic-tipped magnetic nose cone
- Removable wings with QD wing harness
- LED lighting on nose strut, chines, and dorsal
- Large battery bay for battery, MFCB, and gyro
- Sharp and shallow panel lines in sensible areas without reducing overall scale effect
- Pre-molded wing station to accept Freewing’s MWS plastic slot system (aftermarket pylons, ordnance, 3DP, Runcam, etc)
- Quick Service servo plates on the wings and vertical stabilizers (screws, not glue)
- Plastic lined coaming to resist bubbling under the canopy
- Plastic tipped nosecone, capped intake lips and wingtip rails with pre-installed MWS slot
- Plastic nozzles with two-tone metallic paint job
- Freewing F/A-18C Hornet "Base Gray" 90mm EDF Jet - PNP
- 9-Blade EDF power system (installed)
- 3748-1750kV outrunner brushless motor (installed)
- 130A ESC with EC5 connector (installed)
- Electronic retractable landing gear (installed)
- Servos, LED Lights (installed)
- 6 Channel radio - select a minimum 6 channel radio from our Radio Collection
- 6 Channel receiver - select a minimum 6 channel receiver from our Receiver Collection
- 6 Cell 22.2V 5000-6000 mAh LiPo battery with EC5 connector - we recommend the Admiral Pro 6000mAh 6S 22.2V 50C LiPo Battery with EC5 Connector
- 6 Cell compatible battery charger - select a minimum 6 cell (6S) charger from our Charger Collection
1 : 11 Scale
1034mm / 40.7in
2640g / 93.12oz (w/o battery)
CG (Center of Gravity)
88mm (3.4") from the leading edge of the wing at the root
6S 3748-1750kV Brushless Outrunner Motor
Electronic Speed Control
130A, EC5 Connector
Propeller / EDF
90mm 9-Blade EDF
9g metal gear digital standard with 500mm lead : nose gear steering
Electronic retractable main gear and steerable nose gear with all metal shock absorbing struts
6S 22.2V 5000-6000mAh LiPo with EC5 connector (required)
6 Channel (required)
|Outdoor, 150+ foot paved runway or short manicured grass|
Product Spare Parts
Product Questions & AnswersNOTE: Questions submitted on this page are answered by customers who have previously purchased this item. If you have a support related question that requires immediate assistance, please visit our Help Center.
- September 12, 2019 - Download this free 3DP STL (.zip) file for the OEM Front Instrument Panel (Credit to Hobby Squawk member Elbee).
- July 18, 2019 - CRITICAL ACTION: Please read this Technical Service Bulletin for the Freewing 90mm EDF F/A-18C Hornet before attempting to fly your aircraft.
If you need any additional assistance, please visit the Motion RC Help Center
The real top Gun
Of all the Freewing models I have owned this is the real deal. The detailing is to a new level and the new power units also. I have finished in VFA 102 COLOURS of the Diamondback unit . Not flown it yet as our flying patch is under a inch or so of water here in England at the present time. I will submit a flying report in the English spring. Thanks for the prompt service that is MOTION RC!!!!
Freewing F/A-18C Hornet
Fantastic service. Delivered in 8 days to Australia
F/A-18C Hornet "Base Gray" 90mm EDF Jet
I love the F/A-18C Hornet! I had the awesome privilege of working on the hornet when I was in the Navy. This product looks like the real thing. The only problem I had was installing the wings to the fuselage. The mounting points did not line up. But with the awesome support and guidance from Motion RC support team I had a very successful repair. I can't wait to fly this aircraft. Thanks Motion RC! Keep up the great work.
Weather improved so made my maiden flight of this beautiful bird. I used the admiral 5000 mAh the the cg a little nose heavy. She rolled off rough grass in about 50m with no flaps. There was zero wind so the short take off surprised me. The Hornet climbed out with a solutely no trimming needed. I tested the flaps at height, both settings and she did not change attitude at all. I have however mixed about 5% of up elevator on the flap deployment. I saw this on pilot Ryan's video and it seems spot on. After about 2 and a half minutes of fast circuits and high vertical passes, I made the landing with full flaps. An absolute greaser, but she rolled on for ages. It didnt help having zero wind. Cant sing her praises loud enough! Great job Freewing and awesome service from Motion RC.
What a dream to fly and very easy to land. I love this plane.
F 18... good flyer, but needs attention...
Out of the box both elevator servos malfunctioned, MRC was great in replacing them... I did nog use the blue box, and shifted the CG to 95-95mm.... reduced the throw's on elevator and aileron, even the recommended low setting were too high.... Now it fly's great !!
Motion RC has a new European website
Go there instead?