Freewing F/A-18E Hornet V2 90mm EDF Thrust Vectoring Jet - ARF PLUS
Freewing F/A-18E Hornet Version 2 with 360 Degree Thrust Vectoring - ARF PLUS - FJ30211K+
Note: This is the ARF+ version for pilots who wish to install their own power system. Everything is installed minus the EDF/motor and ESC/UBEC.
The F/A-18 Hornet is one of the most iconic fighter/attack airplanes in the US Navy's air combat arsenal, and this new Version 2 model is every bit as impressive as the full size airplane. When Freewing set out to develop the Version 2, their goal was to improve upon the best-selling F-18 V1 by making it easier to build, stronger, and even more scale. They achieved these goals by providing a "bolt together" airframe, adding carbon reinforcement to the main wings and stabilizers, and making it compatible with the new 12 blade EDF with metal housing (sold separately).
The sound produced from a 12 blade EDF will simply blow you away. While 5 and 6 blade EDF produce a high pitched whining sound, the 12 blade EDF with metal housing produces the "whoosh" and air crushing sound similar to a gas turbine jet. The bolt together airframe means no more gluing the main wings to the fuselage, which makes wing attachment a breeze. The nose and main landing gear are all metal and include shock absorbing struts to protect the gear during hard landings. Other upgrades include super bright LED navigation lights, sequenced landing gear doors, magnetically attached weapons set, fully functioning flaps, and a detailed cockpit. This ARF+ version of the F-18 Version 2 allows you to customize the plane to your exact specifications, installing a motor, 90mm EDF, ESC and servos of your choice. For the very best in RC electric jets, look no further than Freewing Models, and for the best 90mm EDF F-18, look no further than the Freewing F/A-18E Hornet Version 2.
Note: The wiring procedure to achieve in-flight on/off selection of the thrust vectoring flight modes is an advanced feature, and accordingly this aircraft is recommended for advanced pilots only. A general wiring diagram is discussed in the manual, but pilots should expect some time to test various wiring arrangements themselves to optimize the thrust vectoring controls to their individual preference.
Visit the Official Freewing F/A-18E Hornet V2 Discussion Thread on HobbySquawk.com for additional photos, videos, reviews, and customer Q&A.
- Large scale electronic ducted fan RC jet (measuring over 55" in length) with numerous scale features including hand painted pilot, detailed cockpit, molded panel lines, scale air intakes, drop tanks, missiles, and VFA-31 graphics.
- Dual 360 degree vectored thrust allows advanced maneuvers like hovering, flip turns, and flat spins
- Full functioning flaps allow decreased take-off distances and help slow the plane during landings
- New mechanical wing attachments provide a stronger airframe and aid in transportation of the F-18 V2
- Bright LED navigation lights for enhanced realism and dawn/dusk maneuvers
- Electronic retractable landing gear with all metal shock-absorbing struts and metal trunnions
- Scale, sequenced gear doors provide added realism and improved aerodynamics
- Drop tanks and missiles attach to the wings with rare earth magnets making them easy to remove before high speed flight
- Upgraded pushrod clevis and metal ball head connectors on elevators provide a robust connection between servo and control surface and eliminate "play"
- Nylon hinges on all control surfaces (superior to foam hinges)
- Kit version allows you to customize motor, EDF and ESC to your exact specifications
- Freewing F/A-18E V2 EPS airframe
- Full metal, shock absorbing main and nose landing gear
- LED navigation lights and LED light controller
- Gear door sequencer
- Dual thrust vectors
- Two 9g servos for landing gear doors and nose gear steering
- 90mm 12-Blade EDF Power System - Click Here to view our EDF Power Systems
- 130A Brushless ESC with 8A UBEC - Click Here for recommendations
- Minimum 7 Channel Radio - Click Here for recommendations
- 7-8 Channel Receiver - Click Here for recommendations
- 6 Cell 22.2V 5000 mAh Lipo Battery - EPR50006
- Lipo Battery Charger - Click Here for recommendations
960mm / 37.8in
1400mm / 55in
3050g / 107.6oz
|CG (Center of Gravity)||check manual|
3748-1450kV Brushless Outrunner Motor
Electronic Speed Control
130A ESC, 8A UBEC, EC5 Connector
Propeller / EDF
90mm Metal EDF with 12 Blade Fan
9g metal gear reverse with 550mm lead : nose gear door
|Landing Gear||Full metal retractable main and steerable nose gear with shock absorbing struts|
6S 22.2V 5000mAh 35C LiPo
|Build Time||3 Hours|
Product Spare Parts