Freewing F9F Panther 64mm EDF Jet - PNP
64mm Freewing F9F Panther EDF Jet - Receiver Ready (PNP) - FJ10311P
Are you looking for your first EDF jet or are you a more advanced pilot looking for a new EDF? Look no further. While great for people new to EDF jets, The Freewing F9F Panther is fast and agile enough for experienced pilots too. The Freewing F9F is one of our favorite jets. While this F9F Panther EDF is not for beginner flyers, it is perfect for the intermediate flyer looking for their first EDF jet. There is not an easier EDF jet to fly.
Unlike many EDF jets, the Freewing F9F actually floats for an extended period of time without throttle (assuming a correct CG). The F9F is powerful enough to loop and has a fantastic roll rate. We recommend hand launching and belly landing in the grass for pilots new to EDF jets. The F9F is built from durable EPO foam and uses nylon hinges. While a 1600 mAh LiPo is recommended, a 2200 mAh battery can be used by more experienced pilots with minor modification to the battery compartment. We highly recommend a high wing trainer for beginners and proficiency with at least one low wing plane before attempting to fly an EDF jet.
Visit the Official Freewing 64mm F9F Panther Discussion Thread on HobbySquawk.com for additional photos, videos, reviews, and customer Q&A.
- Model officially licensed by Northrop Grumman
- Durable EPO foam construction
- Nylon hinges on all control surfaces (superior to a foam hinge)
- Brushless motor, 5-Blade EDF, ESC and servos installed
- 4 Channel Radio - Select a minimum 4 channel radio from our Radio Collection
- 4 Channel Receiver - Select a minimum 4 channel receiver from our Receiver Collection
- 3 Cell 11.1V 1600 mAh Lipo Battery with XT60 connector - EPR16003X6
- 3 Cell Compatible Battery Charger - Select a minimum 3 cell (3S) charger from our Charger Collection
Brushless 2627-4300kV Outrunner Motor
30A, Internal BEC, XT60 connector
Propeller / EDF
64mm 5-Blade EDF
9g digital standard with 100mm lead : elevator
none - belly lander (optional gear is available)
3S 11.1V 1600mAh 25C 3 cell LiPo
Nylon hinges on all control surfaces
Product Spare Parts
Product Questions & AnswersNOTE: Questions submitted on this page are answered by customers who have previously purchased this item. If you have a support related question that requires immediate assistance, please visit our Help Center.
Freewing F9F Panther
1. Easily removble landing gear covers to allow for installation of fixed gear were not. These covers were glued and to remove them was probabmatical. Had to cut the entire nose wheel section out to remove cover. 2. Threaded elevator pushrod end broke off while attaching control horn; no problem with the other push rod. 3. Elevator servo installed backwards; had to reverse it so that pushrods could be attached. Had to replace servo screws with longer ones as original screws barely long enough to screw into mount (servo spacers are used to elevate servo). 4. An upgrade motor is advertised and sold for this model; however there is no mention of what modifications are needed to accomodate a required 4 cell battery. Have not flown the model yet ... debating whether or not to cut away the platform forward of the servo in order to get the 4 cell to fit.
Malt the f9f panther Easy assembly but take your time in this area make sure you don't use too much blue on the wing address install the radio system and when installing the battery make sure you move the battery all the way in the fuselage .this is a great jet flies like an angel love it freeing kickaass .thk u motion RC
not enough power to fly above 2000 ft. Motor mounted too far back you cant hit cg unless you put in at least 1800 mah battery then its too heavy to fly.
Freewing F9F Panther 64mm EDF Jet -
Looks good, performance is as expected..
Great first Jet
Excellent choice for my first jet/ducted fan model. Assembles well, fit could be a little tighter but OK, Be sure to sand off paint where you join surfaces. Had an issue with the speed controller had to set endpoints before it would power motor. Motion support helped me with that. Flies fantastic, no bad habits even in a stall. Slows down and lands like a dream. I started with 1600 pack now up to 2200. Faster with the 1600 but longer times with 2200 of course. Tricky to hand launch, a great upgrade would be something to grab on to on the bottom.
Great flier, simple build
This model is quick to asswmble and is easy to fly. The color scheme makes it easy to see for old eyeballs.
Nice looking jet!
Just putting it together as my receiver just arrived. Nice looking jet, easy to assemble, hope it flies as nice!
Maiden flight went off without a hitch and man does this jet fly nice! Not the fastest but its lightweight and flys like it's on rails! Scale looks and love the color scheme. All that said, it doesnt have a rudder and probably doesnt need one but I prefer rudder on all my airplanes so that's why I only gave it 4 stars. Be a good first entry jet for edf. Highly recommend!
Love the Panther
Installed a Spektrum 636 receiver, set up as the V900 and the Panther will fly out of your hand on SAFE. No Drama hand launch and a great flyer.