Freewing P-51D HP "Old Crow" 1410mm (55") Wingspan - PNP - SCRATCH AND DENT
55" Wingspan Freewing P-51D High Performance (HP) Mustang with "Old Crow" WWII Color Scheme - Receiver Ready (PNP) - SCRATCH AND DENT
- Product condition: Brand New
- Box condition: New
- Missing parts: None
- Damage/defects: The foam on the fuselage and main wing is exhibiting bubbling or what hobbyist refer to as "gatoring". Because the finish does not meet our rigorous quality standards, we are offering this model at a heavily discounted price. See the photos below for examples of the bubbled finish. Please note, the bubbled finish will not affect flight performance, and it is not noticeable from a distance.
Colonel Clarence E. "Bud" Anderson is a WWII Triple Ace who flew his famed P-51 Mustang "Old Crow" while assigned to the 357th Fighter Group “Yoxford Boys", 8th Air Force, Leiston Field, United Kingdom. The 357th Fighter Group was credited with downing 609 1/2 enemy aircraft in only 15 months, a pace no other fighter group equaled. Naming his aircraft "Old Crow" for his sharp eyesight, Colonel Anderson was the leading Ace of the 363rd Fighter Squadron with 16.25 victories over 116 missions, and was never shot down. After the War, he led McDonnell Aircraft's flight test facility for 26 years. In July 2008, Colonel Anderson was inducted into the National Aviation Hall of Fame. Colonel Anderson, once called "the best fighter pilot I ever saw" by his friend Brigadier General Chuck Yeager, resides in Auburn, CA where he continues to inspire millions worldwide to this day.
To honor Colonel Anderson, his renowned aircraft, and his Fighter Group’s heroism, Motion RC and Freewing Model have partnered together to create a Special Edition of Freewing’s popular 1400mm P-51D Mustang. With assistance from Colonel Anderson to ensure the "Old Crow" livery’s accuracy, Motion RC is proud to provide this exciting and unique Special Edition. As an additional bonus to set it apart, this Special Edition "Old Crow" also features an upgraded high performance (HP) power system and two bladed propeller which provides nearly unlimited vertical performance and a 25% increase in top speed compared to the Freewing 1400mm P-51D "Iron Ass".
Visit the Official Freewing P-51D Old Crow Discussion Thread on HobbySquawk.com for additional photos, videos, reviews, and customer Q&A.
- Historical "Old Crow" livery details as provided by Colonel Anderson himself.
- All new motor, 80A ESC, and two blade EMP 16x10 propeller gives 25% more thrust and 25% faster speed than previous Freewing P-51.
- Pilots can choose to fly with the scale four bladed prop and spinner from the previous Freewing P-51 "Iron Ass" for scale performance.
- Super scale details including hand painted pilot, detailed instrument panel and radio boxes, "Old Crow" WWII graphics, molded engine exhausts, machine gun barrels, drop tanks, air scoop, sequenced main gear and tail gear doors.
- Bright white LED landing lights drop down when the gear is deployed just like the real P-51 Mustang.
- LED navigation lights on each wingtip for enhanced realism and dawn/dusk maneuvers.
- Expandable LED controller with four unused light ports. Add cockpit lighting or other custom light locations.
- Heavy duty, all metal shock absorbing retracts for maximum performance and reliability.
- Retractable, steerable tail gear for sleek, realistic look.
- Flight surfaces are controlled with 17g metal gear servos for precise movement, strength and long life.
- Sliding cockpit canopy enhances scale appearance and makes it easy to change pilot or install camera in cockpit.
- Upgraded pushrod clevis and metal ball link head provide a robust connection between servo and control surface and eliminate "slop".
- Full function flaps allow shorter take-off distances and slow, scale landings.
- Scale "gapless hinged" flaps, ailerons, and rudder, like the real Mustang.
- Internal carbon spar reinforcement and EPO foam construction provide the perfect balance between strength, flexibility, and weight.
- Nylon hinges on all control surfaces (superior to foam hinges)
- Motor, servos, and ESC are all pre-installed for your convenience
- 55" Wingspan Freewing Super Scale P-51D HP Mustang - Receiver Ready (PNP)
- 2 Blade propeller designed for high performance flight. 4 blade, scale propeller is available separately.
- Premium quality electronics including 80A Hobbywing ESC with XT60 connector, 4258-580kV motor and metal gear servos
- LED light controller and gear door sequencer.
- 6 Channel Radio - Select a minimum 6 channel radio from our Radio Collection
- 6 Channel Receiver - Select a minimum 6 channel receiver from our Receiver Collection
- 4 Cell 14.8V 3600mAh-4000mAh LiPo Battery with XT60 Connector - EPR40004X6
- 4 Cell Compatible Battery Charger - Select a minimum 4 cell (4S) charger from our Charger Collection
1410mm / 55.5in
1200mm / 47.2in
2600g / 91.7oz
|CG (Center of Gravity)||Check Manual|
4258-580kV Brushless Outrunner Motor
Electronic Speed Control
80A with T-Connector
Propeller / EDF
16x10 2 Blade Propeller
17g metal gear standard with 300mm lead: Left flap
|Landing Gear||Main Gear: full metal, shock absorbing struts with electronic retracts|
Tail Gear: electronic retractable and steerable
4S 14.8V 3600mAh or 4000mAh 40C LiPo
Yes - Landing and Navigation
|Skill Level||Intermediate to Advanced|
|Build Time||2 Hours|
Product Questions & AnswersNOTE: Questions submitted on this page are answered by customers who have previously purchased this item. If you have a support related question that requires immediate assistance, please visit our Help Center.
Very happy with the purchase
This was and "scratched and dented" item. The bubbles on the fuselage (gattoring) was very light. Beautiful plane, great deal
Nice plane but..
My red wing light not working and could not figure out the ****** retract box they give you.. I just tore off all the doors and can I hook the retract up directly to my receiver .. I have other emotion airplanes this is the only one that but I’m disappointed so far
I hate when people do what I’m about to, but whatever. I haven’t flown it yet but I’m going to review it based on how it looks and feels. It’s awesome! It feels so sturdy and the scale detail is insane. The landing gear and lights are top notch. The instructions are garbage but I’ve put enough of these together that I don’t need them. For the price, do it. I bought the “alligatored” version and you can’t even tell. 5/5 for now, I’ll update when I fly it!
SD Old Crow
Damage described was minimal, the kit arrived well packaged and with no addtional damage than described. Thanks MRC