Freewing P-51D HP "Old Crow" 1410mm (55") Wingspan - PNP
55" Wingspan Freewing P-51D High Performance (HP) Mustang with "Old Crow" WWII Color Scheme - Receiver Ready (PNP) - FW30121P
Colonel Clarence E. "Bud" Anderson is a WWII Triple Ace who flew his famed P-51 Mustang "Old Crow" while assigned to the 357th Fighter Group “Yoxford Boys", 8th Air Force, Leiston Field, United Kingdom. The 357th Fighter Group was credited with downing 609 1/2 enemy aircraft in only 15 months, a pace no other fighter group equaled. Naming his aircraft "Old Crow" for his sharp eyesight, Colonel Anderson was the leading Ace of the 363rd Fighter Squadron with 16.25 victories over 116 missions, and was never shot down. After the War, he led McDonnell Aircraft's flight test facility for 26 years. In July 2008, Colonel Anderson was inducted into the National Aviation Hall of Fame. Colonel Anderson, once called "the best fighter pilot I ever saw" by his friend Brigadier General Chuck Yeager, resides in Auburn, CA where he continues to inspire millions worldwide to this day.
To honor Colonel Anderson, his renowned aircraft, and his Fighter Group’s heroism, Motion RC and Freewing Model have partnered together to create a Special Edition of Freewing’s popular 1400mm P-51D Mustang. With assistance from Colonel Anderson to ensure the "Old Crow" livery’s accuracy, Motion RC is proud to provide this exciting and unique Special Edition. As an additional bonus to set it apart, this Special Edition "Old Crow" also features an upgraded high performance (HP) power system and two bladed propeller which provides nearly unlimited vertical performance and a 25% increase in top speed compared to the Freewing 1400mm P-51D "Iron Ass".
Visit the Official Freewing P-51D Old Crow Discussion Thread on HobbySquawk.com for additional photos, videos, reviews, and customer Q&A.
- Historical "Old Crow" livery details as provided by Colonel Anderson himself.
- All new motor, 80A ESC, and two blade EMP 16x10 propeller gives 25% more thrust and 25% faster speed than previous Freewing P-51.
- Pilots can choose to fly with the scale four bladed prop and spinner from the previous Freewing P-51 "Iron Ass" for scale performance.
- Super scale details including hand painted pilot, detailed instrument panel and radio boxes, "Old Crow" WWII graphics, molded engine exhausts, machine gun barrels, drop tanks, air scoop, sequenced main gear and tail gear doors.
- Bright white LED landing lights drop down when the gear is deployed just like the real P-51 Mustang.
- LED navigation lights on each wingtip for enhanced realism and dawn/dusk maneuvers.
- Expandable LED controller with four unused light ports. Add cockpit lighting or other custom light locations.
- Heavy duty, all metal shock absorbing retracts for maximum performance and reliability.
- Retractable, steerable tail gear for sleek, realistic look.
- Flight surfaces are controlled with 17g metal gear servos for precise movement, strength and long life.
- Sliding cockpit canopy enhances scale appearance and makes it easy to change pilot or install camera in cockpit.
- Upgraded pushrod clevis and metal ball link head provide a robust connection between servo and control surface and eliminate "slop".
- Full function flaps allow shorter take-off distances and slow, scale landings.
- Scale "gapless hinged" flaps, ailerons, and rudder, like the real Mustang.
- Internal carbon spar reinforcement and EPO foam construction provide the perfect balance between strength, flexibility, and weight.
- Nylon hinges on all control surfaces (superior to foam hinges)
- Motor, servos, and ESC are all pre-installed for your convenience
- 55" Wingspan Freewing Super Scale P-51D HP Mustang - Receiver Ready (PNP)
- 2 Blade propeller designed for high performance flight. 4 blade, scale propeller is available separately.
- Premium quality electronics including 80A Hobbywing ESC with XT60 connector, 4258-580kV motor and metal gear servos
- LED light controller and gear door sequencer.
- 6 Channel Radio - Select a minimum 6 channel radio from our Radio Collection
- 6 Channel Receiver - Select a minimum 6 channel receiver from our Receiver Collection
- 4 Cell 14.8V 3600mAh-4000mAh LiPo Battery with XT60 Connector - EPR40004X6
- 4 Cell Compatible Battery Charger - Select a minimum 4 cell (4S) charger from our Charger Collection
1410mm / 55.5in
1200mm / 47.2in
2600g / 91.7oz
|CG (Center of Gravity)||Check Manual|
4258-580kV Brushless Outrunner Motor
Electronic Speed Control
80A with XT60 Connector
Propeller / EDF
16x10 2 Blade Propeller
9g standard with 300mm lead : right gear door
|Landing Gear||Main Gear: full metal, shock absorbing struts with electronic retracts|
Tail Gear: electronic retractable and steerable
4S 14.8V 3600mAh or 4000mAh 40C LiPo with XT60 Connector
Yes - Landing and Navigation
|Skill Level||Intermediate to Advanced|
|Build Time||2 Hours|
Product Spare Parts
Product Questions & AnswersNOTE: Questions submitted on this page are answered by customers who have previously purchased this item. If you have a support related question that requires immediate assistance, please visit our Help Center.
- Freewing P-51 Instruction Manual
- Freewing Cabin Door Sequencer Instruction Manual
- Freewing LED Light Controller V3 Instruction Manual
- Freewing ESC Programming Manual
If you need any additional assistance, please visit the Motion RC Help Center
- Reviews (27)
- Questions (7)
Old Crow P-51 Mustang
This is a very good flying scale model of Bud Andersons' infamous P-51 Fighter, Old Crow. It's may personal favorite. If you want the history of this aircraft, read: To Fly And Fight, by C A (Bud) Anderson. I have a 4 blade scale propeller mostly for display and fly with the two blade.
Old Crow 1st impression
I'm going to rate it 5 stars, have not got it in the air yet. Construction is great, and like everyone said great hinges, great build. I would have had it in the air already, but dirt road landing/launch was a little rough and the gear was popped lose from a big rut in the edge. So far very happy with how it is designed and built. Will get it out this weekend.
P-51 Old Crow best plane I own
very easy to put together, everything pre installed, looks great, I have 2 props a 4 blade and 2 blade.
Freewing vs. FMS
I have had two FMS 1500 mm P51 (Petie 2nd) and upon totaling my second, thought I would give the ‰ÛÏOld Crow‰Û� a try. Spoke with Wayne from MRC, and went ahead with my purchase. From having both I can say that the fit, finish and detail on the Freewing is much better. The landing gear handles our not so plush field with ease and in flight I believe they are about the same, with one slight exception. I fly with the 4 blade as it is a mustang. The FMS prop assembly or the strength of their blades is inferior to the Freewing. I run a 5s 4000 mh through the FMS and at a level flight, full throttle, the prop shears thru the spinner every time. The Old Crow is still in tact after about a dozen flights. It screams with the 5s setup and is the only way I fly it (after its maiden). The landing lights are a great addition which FMS does not have and the sequencing of the faring doors and linkage assemblies are far superior on the Freewing than on the FMS. If you had a doubt, hopefully this helps. Last thing, Wayne had also pointed out the cost of replacement parts for FMS are much higher than those for the Old Crow, so in the long run, it's also a much better value...
Staff was extremely knowledgable and helpful with my purchase. Item arrived on time and in perfect condition! Only good things to say about MotionRC :) Thanks guys!!!
Old Crow Bliss!
I really enjoy this Model. This model of Old Crow does the design justice. This aircraft is very predictable. It tracks well on take off and a 50% throttle setting will get her in the air nicely. Lose the landing gear and open this bad pony up! Very fast cleaned up and she handles slow flight like a champ. The aux. drop tanks change flight characteristics. Maintain some throttle when landing or she will stall. Have fun! Be safe!
The plane is awesome. I was fortunate to buy early on which included the sound system. I don't know why they decided not to continue it. The plane is fast and with the sound it's just awesome.
This is one fantastic Freewing Old Crow Mustang. The build went together easy with all parts fitting perfectly. I did take a little more time assembling to install the MRRCsound with 2 transducers. This model is configured for a sound system that is no longer included in the kit, but the speaker areas are set up perfectly to add your own sound system. This plane has been a hit at the field with fellow pilots amazed at the looks, sound and the speed. The two blade propeller power upgrade is great and there is a big noticeable increase in power and speed with 2 blade vs the scale 4 blade set up. I tried the 4 blade because I like scale, but went back to 2 blade after one flight. Flies so much better having that extra punch and speed. Everything about this model is top notch- nav lights, bright landing lights, shock absorbing retractable landing gear, sequenced gear doors including tail wheel. This is a great plane and I highly recommend this to anyone who loves the P-51 Mustang and you will not go wrong purchasing this through Motion R/C with the best and friendliest sales and customer service staff in the Hobby business. P.S. Don't forget to install a sound system - it adds a whole new demension to realism.