Freewing Stinger 90 Extreme Performance 90mm EDF Jet - PNP
Freewing 90mm 12-Blade Metal EDF Stinger Extreme Performance Jet - Receiver Ready in Red Sport Color Scheme
If you are a RC Pilot seeking the highest performance EDF jet available, look no further than the Freewing Stinger 90 Extreme Performance Jet. Developed from the ground up for speed, realism, and performance, the Stinger 90 combines all the latest RC plane technology into sleek sport jet airframe. The new 12-blade EDF with metal housing powered by a massive 3748-1450KV Outrunner Motor produces over 7 pounds of thrust for extreme speeds and intense aerobatics. The sound produced from the 12 blade EDF will simply blow you away. While 5 and 6 blade EDF produce a high pitched whining sound, the 12 blade EDF with metal housing produces the "whoosh" and air crushing sound similar to a gas turbine jet.
Freewing spared no expense with electronics in this plane, they are using a 130A Hobbywing ESC and 17gram metal gear servos. The nose and main landing gear are all metal and include shock absorbing struts to protect the gear during hard landings. Other premium features include super bright LED landing lights, sequenced landing gear doors, and detailed cockpit. Motion RC requested a "top of the line" performance EDF jet and Freewing Model delivered with the Stinger 90 Extreme Performance Jet. Be the first at your flight field to own what is surely one of the best EDF jets available today.
Visit the Official Freewing Stinger 90 Discussion Thread on HobbySquawk.com for additional photos, videos, reviews, and customer Q&A.
- 12 Blade factory balanced EDF with metal housing combined with 3748-1450KV brushless outrunner motor produces realistic jet turbine sound and an incredible 7 lbs of thrust
- Composite fan blades combined with metal EDF housing make the Stinger 90 AMA compliant (the fan blades themselves are NOT metal, so there are no flying restrictions)
- 130 Amp Hobbywing ESC with 8A UBEC
- Flight surfaces are controlled with 17g metal gear servos for precise movement, strength and long life
- Ultra-bright LED landing lights for enhanced realism and dawn/dusk maneuvers
- All metal electronic retractable landing gear with shock absorbing struts
- Upgraded pushrod clevis and metal ball head buckle provide a robust connection between servo and control surface and eliminate "play"
- Full function flaps allow shorter take-off distances and slow, scale landings
- Carbon spars and EPO foam construction provide the perfect balance between strength and flexibility
- Nylon hinges on all control surfaces (superior to foam hinges)
- High visibility graphics package make the Stinger 90 easy to see even at high speeds
- Outrunner motor, servos, ESC and EDF come pre-installed for your convenience.
- 6 Channel Radio - Select a minimum 6 channel radio from our Radio Collection
- 6 Channel Receiver - Select a minimum 6 channel receiver from our Receiver Collection
- 6 Cell 22.2V 5000 mAh LiPo Battery with EC5 Connector - EPR50006
- 6 Cell Compatible Battery Charger - Select a minimum 6 cell (6S) charger from our Charger Collection
1130mm / 44.5in
1325mm / 52.2in
2800g / 98.77oz
130A ESC, 8A UBEC, EC5 Connector
Propeller / EDF
90mm Metal EDF with 12 Blade Fan
9g metal gear reverse with 300mm lead : nose gear door, nose gear steering
Full metal retractable main and steerable nose gear with shock absorbing struts
6S 22.2V 5000mAh 35C LiPo
6 Channel computer radio
Nylon hinges on all control surfaces
Product Spare Parts
Product Questions & AnswersNOTE: Questions submitted on this page are answered by customers who have previously purchased this item. If you have a support related question that requires immediate assistance, please visit our Help Center.
- gear doors
- Stinger 90
Maiden flight of my stinger 90 today in New Jersey !
Are we bit cold but I found a nice big field to meet in my stinger 90 .. they’re all exciting on the first flight .. Flew beautiful on my admiral 5000 .. The admiral 5100 does not fit without removing some foam.. solid flight and solid landing..I am not afraid anymore and neither should you take it out tear up the sky
This is my Second Stinger 90, Awesome EDF
Great service. Very fast delivery. Great packaging no damage. Model in superb condition. Will definatly shop with you agsin !
First EDF Plane
I bought this plane back in late July 2018 as my first EDF plane. I was a bit nervous about flying a 90mm plane for the first time, but it all went away a soon as I got it on the air. The plane flew beautifully. I set it with the recommended rates and a 6S-5000 battery and was pleasantly surprised at how well it handle. It flies like it is on rails. I have about 36 flights on it and I look forward to fly it every day. The landings are slow with full flaps but I have landed it without flaps as well. I have flown it at 120 mph and 700 feet high, low rates and high rates. I like everything about it. I replaced the nose and the gear doors after running into some tall grass when I ran off the runway, but it was cheap and easy to fix. Get one. You won't be disappointed.
Best jet ever flown
Just like everyone had said this jet is amazing. It flys so well I would suggest it to a beginner just need to stay off the throttle. With that said in the throttle is moves and when it moves the noise turns heads. It honestly sounds like a turbine. Coming toward you you can heard the air being ****** into the intakes and when it passes the exhaust sound will give you chills. 120mph I got with my on stuck set up. And the greatest part it’s lands like it has auto pilot. Comes in slow and like a magnet when the wells touch. Touch and hose are a blast with the that 90mm thrust. Trust me get it you’ll be happy!
My First Ducted Fan Jet
Thirty minutes for my friend to assemble. Two Flights and Found during taxi nose steering pulled to left while rudder was centered (using Y Harness). Also Flying off grass left landing gear door Broke at lower attach point. Will remove both main landing gear doors before next flight. Good product and flies great. Looking fwd to purchasing the Avanti 80mm and other 80/90mm EDF. Thank you. Al
The Stinger 90
Absolutely Beautiful Jet... Nice size and weight, almost feels like your holding a puppy lol... Anyway went together easy as usual, gave it WOT on the stand and the stand slid across the floor. Haven't had a chance to fly it yet. Soon as i do i will let you know ,Thanks Again Motion RC...
Second Time Around
This is the best EDF jet I have owned. I had an unfortunate happening with my first Stinger 90. Bought second right away. Best on grass runways.
A receiver was not included and I can't find one that works with the birds nest of wires. The electric harness is a nightmare!