Freewing Stinger High Performance 4S Red 64mm EDF Jet - PNP
64mm Freewing Stinger EDF Jet High Performance - Red - Receiver Ready (PNP) - FJ10412P
One of the best RC EDF jets is now even better (and faster). The Freewing Stinger HP has a upgraded 2836-3300kV motor, 40A HobbyWing ESC, metal gear servos, and runs on a 4S 2200mAh LiPo pack. This version of our popular Stinger 64 also includes a new 12-blade ducted fan which produces incredibly realistic jet turbine sound in a compact power system. Yes, the Stinger HP is extremely fast and agile. If you liked the Stinger 64, you will love the Stinger HP. This new Stinger HP has fantastic speed and great flight characteristics right out of the box. We at Motion RC think the Freewing 64mm EDF jets are some of the most entertaining jets out there and this one tops them all. The Stinger HP is built from durable EPO foam and uses nylon hinges which are superior to a foam hinge. Hand launching and belly landing continues to be a breeze but slightly more difficult than the original Stinger due to the extra weight of all the upgrades.
Visit the Official Freewing Stinger High Performance Discussion Thread on HobbySquawk.com for additional photos, videos, reviews, and customer Q&A.
- New - 12 Blade electronic ducted fan for realistic jet turbine sound
- New - Upgraded high performance 2836-3300kV brushless motor
- Durable EPO foam construction
- 98% Glueless assembly
- Upgraded Motor, ESC, and Servos suitable for running on a 4S LiPo pack
- Nylon hinges on all control surfaces
- Stable at slower speeds and extremely fast at full throttle
- 4 Channel Radio - Select a minimum 4 channel radio from our Radio Collection
- 4 Channel Receiver - Select a minimum 4 channel receiver from our Receiver Collection
- 4 Cell 14.8V 2200 mAh Lipo Battery with XT60 Connector - EPR22004PROX6
- 4 Cell Compatible Battery Charger - Select a minimum 4 cell (4S) charger from our Charger Collection
40A, Internal SBEC, XT60 connector
Propeller / EDF
64mm 12-blade EDF
9g metal gear standard with 300mm lead : left aileron, right aileron, left elevator
None standard. Optional gear available in spare parts.
4S 14.8V 2200mAh 30C 4 cell LiPo
Nylon hinges on all control surfaces
Product Spare Parts
Product Questions & AnswersNOTE: Questions submitted on this page are answered by customers who have previously purchased this item. If you have a support related question that requires immediate assistance, please visit our Help Center.
- Freewing Stinger 64 EDF Jet Instruction Manual
- Freewing 30A ESC Programming Manual (3S Version)
- Freewing ESC Programming Manual (4S Version)
- May 7, 2013 - Both the 3S and 4S Stinger 64 jets ship in the same box which is marked 3S. To visually confirm your model is the 4S version, simply look at the fan, only the 4S version Stinger has a 12-blade fan.
- May 6, 2013 - Many customers have asked about recommended throw rates for this model as the manual does not list them. We have added that information below for your convenience:
- Aileron High Rate: 20mm, Low Rate: 14mm
- Elevator High Rate: 20mm, Low Rate: 14mm
- Rudder High Rate: 12mm, Low Rate: 8mm
If you need any additional assistance, please visit the Motion RC Help Center
Little red,,, she flies fast , get the CG correct and she handles almost hands off,,, easy to hand launch as well,, takes a little bit to get up to full speed , but then be prepared for a fun flight
Good looking plane goes together easily nice and simple,with the 12 blade fan and 4s pack seems plenty of power. Haven't had chance to fly it yet, looking forward to that. Fantastic service form MotionRC .
I have just tried to get this model up in the air for three times yet. Seems to be hard to hand launch for me as a beginner on Edf Jet. I will get som help next time with the launch. Painting and stickers are unfortunately not left after three hard landings.
I flew it lone of sight first. It was needing some throws reduced on roll. Turned roll to 65% 70% pitch. And added fpv to it. Love it. Video of maiden and for flight is on thrust FPV fb page. Buy 2
Great flying airplane.
This is my second Stinger 4S, I had about 25 flights on the first one before it got in a fight with a baseball backstop and lost.
Ok let's start with flight one of new to edf jets. Knees and hands shaking as this thing moves. Landing was Great! Flight two forgot to change transmitter battery and lost connection. Hard crash breaks nose cone off. Enter packaging tape. Nose straight again and back on. Flight five was a really bad landing on my part end over end. . Half nose off and broke rudder so enter tape lol. Flight 7 I tossed it like a rose holding pacifist and all nose bent/ broken Canopy no longer fits on as really bent bad.. Yes I taped it on. Was mad at the launcher me.. 8th flight while still angry and throwing a softball and the nose all wrong flew 3:30 of fun. Still flying wee. 11th flight hello sun..where is my Stinger64hp? Result was stinger looks like the letter L. Guess what? Taped again and 2 more flights! I ordered 2 new fuselage's and will build a catapult and fly this toy forever. If you have skills or tape this thing is a tank. All the team at the field want one now so hurry up and buy it.
Best 64mm jet
The build was very simple. One tool and that is all ypu need to assemble this edf jet. Used a 2200mah 4S admiral pro lipo and the CG is dead on. Flew with no issue. Dual rate is set to 30% expo and 35% travel for the aileron. Jet is is very responsive. A thin layer of water base minwax was used to keep the decals from peeling. Love this EDF JET.