Freewing Stinger Red 64mm EDF Jet - PNP
64mm Freewing Stinger Jet - Receiver Ready (PNP) - FJ10411P
The Freewing Stinger 64 is one of the best values in RC EDF jets. It has good speed and great flight characteristics right out of the box. We think the Freewing 64mm EDF jets are some of the most entertaining jets out there. The Stinger 64 is built from durable EPO foam and uses nylon hinges which are superior to a foam hinge. Hand launching and belly landing is a breeze.
Visit the Official Freewing 64mm Stinger Discussion Thread on HobbySquawk.com for additional photos, videos, reviews, and customer Q&A.
- Durable EPO foam construction
- Nylon hinges on all control surfaces
- Stable at slower speeds and easy to control even at full throttle
- 4 Channel Radio - Select a minimum 4 channel radio from our Radio Collection
- 4 Channel Receiver - Select a minimum 4 channel receiver from our Receiver Collection
- 3 Cell 11.1V 1600 mAh Lipo Battery with XT60 Connector - EPR16003X6
- 3 Cell Compatible Battery Charger - Select a minimum 3 cell (3S) charger from our Charger Collection
Brushless 2627-4300kV Motor
30A, Internal BEC with XT60 Connector
Propeller / EDF
64mm 5-Blade EDF
9g digital gear standard with 300mm lead : left aileron, right aileron, left elevator
None standard. Optional gear available in spare parts.
3S 11.1V 1600mAh 25C 3 cell LiPo with XT60 Connector
Nylon hinges on all control surfaces
Product Spare Parts
Product Questions & AnswersNOTE: Questions submitted on this page are answered by customers who have previously purchased this item. If you have a support related question that requires immediate assistance, please visit our Help Center.
- Freewing Stinger 64 EDF Jet Instruction Manual
- Freewing 30A ESC Programming Manual (3S Version)
- Freewing ESC Programming Manual (4S Version)
- May 7, 2013 - Both the 3S and 4S Stinger 64 jets ship in the same box which is marked 3S. To visually confirm your model is the 4S version, simply look at the fan, only the 4S version Stinger has a 12-blade fan.
- May 6, 2013 - Many customers have asked about recommended throw rates for this model as the manual does not list them. We have added that information below for your convenience:
- Aileron High Rate: 20mm, Low Rate: 14mm
- Elevator High Rate: 20mm, Low Rate: 14mm
- Rudder High Rate: 12mm, Low Rate: 8mm
If you need any additional assistance, please visit the Motion RC Help Center
Not easy to fly out of box I checked CG proper batteries, rc control good. It flew right into the ground upon throwing it properly. NOT for beginner at all. Must adjust all controls yourself carefully - to quick control movements. Must be dialed down atleast 75% !
I love this little jet so this is my 2nd one! I wanted a second due to two crashes that broke off my nose due to crashes associated with hand launching. It is a very fun plane to fly and performs in a very controllable way once in the air! I also bought the landing gear so I now have one with gear and a new one I can hand launch depending on conditions. Nice job Freewing!
Great jet a little under powered when you throw it but it’s not the 4s version over all is really a great flying edf this is my first and it’s pretty quick but slows down well also just a good flying small jet
Not fast enough better with a 4S I hope.
I'm about to assemble number 5. O LOVE this jet. I do add gear though, I have hand launched, rather shaken, but itcan be done. I've flown the geared ones that I own and can't get enough. Ive tried both 3 and 4 cell versions, but personally prefer 3. Gotta run, number 5 calls.
Harder to fly than a hot prop driven aircraft. Landings a lot faster to keep the wings flying until touchdown.
This is my second Stinger, it is my favorite for two or three late day flights. Cannot imagine not always having one in my hanger.
I've purchased a couple planes from Motion RC. They have delivered as promised and the planes I chose were of great quality without problems out of the box. I have tested all the components on the Stinger and everything works. Just need to wait until spring to actually fly. (I should have purchased the Stinger when Motion RC had it on sale, but when their price went up and other vendors no longer had it, I had to purchase, even though I am 3 months from being able to use it. Will do business with them again.
Motion RC has a new European website
Go there instead?