Freewing SU-35 Desert Camo Twin 70mm EDF Vectored Thrust Jet - PNP
Freewing SU-35 Dual 70mm Vectored Thrust EDF Jet - Receiver Ready in Desert Camo Color Scheme
NEW! Now comes with dual 12-Blade EDF fans instead of the old 6 blade fans.
This 3D version of the Freewing SU-35 has more thrust (3000g) than the regular version. The size of the Freewing SU-35 is an amazing site to behold. This plane is one of the largest, most sophisticated, foam EDF jets made. Whether you like scale flight or outlandish maneuvers, the Freewing SU-35 can do it all. We think the Freewing SU-35 is one of the most entertaining EDF jets out there. The specs alone are amazing. The SU-35 is built from EPS foam and has nylon hinged control surfaces, shock absorbing landing gear, dual motors, dual ESC, dual 70mm EDF fans, and runs on a 6 cell LiPo battery. We are not sure what else to ask for in an EDF jet. Now includes dual Hobbywing 60A ESC.
- NEW! Dual Hobbywing 60A ESC
- NEW! EC5 ESC Connector
- NEW! 12 Blade EDF Fans
- Dual 70mm electronic ducted fans (EDF)
- 360 degree vectored thrust for incredible maneuvers (hover, flip turns, etc.)
- Durable shock absorbing landing gear
- Nylon hinges on all control surfaces (superior to foam hinges
- Brushless motor, ESC and servos installed
- Freewing SU-35 Desert Camo Twin 70mm EDF Vectored Thrust Jet - PNP
- 7 Channel Radio - Select a minimum 7 channel radio from our Radio Collection
- 7 Channel Receiver - Select a minimum 7 channel receiver from our Receiver Collection
- 6 Cell 22.2V 4000 - 6000 mAh LiPo Battery with EC5 connector - we recommend Admiral 6 Cell 6000 mAh LiPo battery
- 6 Cell Compatible Battery Charger - Select a minimum 6 cell (6S) charger from our Charger Collection
1080mm / 42.5in
1630mm / 64in
2x Brushless 3048-2150KV
2x 60A Hobbywing, EC5 connector
Propeller / EDF
2x 70mm EDF
9g standard with 100mm lead : vector 3, rudder
Servoless electric retracts, shock absorbers
6 Cell 22.2V 4000 - 6000 mAh LiPo Battery with EC5 connector
7 Channel radio with mixing ability
Nylon hinges on all control surfaces
Product Spare Parts
Product Questions & AnswersNOTE: Questions submitted on this page are answered by customers who have previously purchased this item. If you have a support related question that requires immediate assistance, please visit our Help Center.
- October 19, 2013 - The wiring procedure to achieve in-flight on/off selection of the thrust vectoring flight modes is an advanced feature, and accordingly this aircraft is recommended for advanced pilots only. A general wiring diagram is discussed in the manual, but pilots should expect some time to test various wiring arrangements themselves to optimize the thrust vectoring controls to their individual preference.
If you need any additional assistance, please visit the Motion RC Help Center
Well this is my current "best" jet, flies well, lands well, might fly better once dialed in more, shame about the low flight times, but you have a lot of fun in the time you get, can be flown like a trainer or a manic jet, nothing bad to say really compared to other foamie jets I have.. well done a nice fly :-) , excellent after sales service from Motion RC too., that was appreciated
Awesome flying jet well worth the money very nicely built
I broke a wing tip rail. I asked if I could buy one (or a set) and was told I had to buy the whole wing replacements set. So $55 plus shipping for a wing tip.. yeah, no. Landing gear doesn't cycle in flight. Worked perfectly on the ground but would never work in flight, stayed down the whole flight. Power brown out? I bought the recommended Admiral 5000mah 6S 50C battery. Doesn't feel like a $400+ setup to me.
It goes together great, easy to setup, flys great on stock parts, motionrc and freewing do a great job, keep up the great work, Now I have one request Please design and build A MIG 29! 80 mm. Thank you.
I wrote a review of the SU-35 four days ago, but it was not posted. Anyway, the SU-35 goes together quickly, and it flies very well. But the model does have a few weaknesses that are worth mentioning. First, the nose gear needs a stronger mounting solution. I have flown my SU-35 from a paved runway. I have only had twelve (12) flights on this model, and the nose retract unit have ripped out from the fuse three (3) times. Also, the plastic hinges for the nose gear doors appear quite weak and break easily. Finally, the gears of the nose steering servo strip/break each time the nose gear retract unit is ripped from the fuse. As mentioned, the model flies well, presents well in the air, but it is quite frustrating to get only a couple of flights before needing to repair the nose gear. I am quite sure that if the weaknesses mentioned are addressed, the SU-35 will easily receive a 5 star rating from all of its owner. However, due to the few flight and problems I have had with my SU-35, I am giving it a rating of 2 stars.
....hand launching MONSTER...the weight without retracts and vector-servos: 1980g and 3000g Trust! Speed Monster!
very light wing loading ... flies perfectly blanced with 6s 5000mah 65c graphene (hobby king) packs all the way forward. I believe they are around 880g. Check out a dusk flight: https://youtu.be/f4fR_VqARZw No bad tendencies whatsoever.
Beautiful jet! Went together very quickly and im very impressed with how good it looks in the air! Flys great and is a definite must have if you want to get into a aircraft with thrust vectoring. I programmed mine as shown in Captain Mikes video and it works really well. You can go from gentle fun flying to doing crazy thrust vectoring maneuvers with just the click of a switch! MotionRC is great also with fast shipping and WONDERFUL customer service. A++++
Motion RC has a new European website
Go there instead?