Freewing Yak-130 Red Super Scale Ultra Performance 8S 90mm EDF Jet - PNP
Freewing Red 90mm 8S 12-Blade Metal EDF Yak-130 Super Scale Jet - Receiver Ready (PNP) - RJ30112P
Version Note: This is the 8S version which comes with a 90mm 12 Blade EDF 8S Power System with a 4075-1250kV In-Runner Motor and 150A ESC. Ordnance shown is sold separately.
Motion RC has partnered with Freewing to offer you the most highly detailed, scale foam RC jet available on the market - the Yakovlev Yak-130. Designed as a trainer/light attack aircraft and entering into service in 2009, the Yak-130 is the most advanced trainer utilized by the Russian Air Force.
The high visibility “Red 02” trainer scheme gives pilots a scale model which is still very easy to orient in the sky. If you’re looking for a change from gray military jets, the Yak-130 will certainly stand out from the crowd! High end electronics and hardware are abound on this model from the super bright 3W navigation and landing lights to shock absorbing aluminum landing gear to the metal gear servos on every control surface. High end electronics and hardware are abound on this model from the super bright 3W navigation and landing lights to shock absorbing aluminum landing gear to the metal gear servos on every control surface.
This 8S version of the Yak-130 is powered by a massive 1250kV motor and Hobbywing 150A ESC, and with its 12 blade fan with metal housing, the Yak sounds every bit as good as it looks. If you typically fly 5 and 6 blade EDF jets, you'll be blown away at the sound this 12 blade EDF produces. While 5 and 6 blade EDF produce a high pitched whining sound, the 12 blade EDF with metal housing produces the "whoosh" and air crushing sound similar to a gas turbine jet. If you are a scale jet flyer looking for top of the line quality and superb detail, the Freewing Yak130 will not disappoint.
- Incredible scale details including full instrument cockpit, scale canopy, sequenced gear doors, and Russian Air Force graphics
- High visibility “Red 02” trainer scheme gives pilots a scale model which is very easy to orient in the sky
- 12 Blade factory balanced EDF with metal housing combined with 4075-1250kV brushless inrunner motor produces realistic jet turbine sound
- Composite fan blades combined with metal EDF housing make the Yak-130 AMA compliant (the fan blades themselves are NOT metal, so there are no flying restrictions)
- Heavy-duty 150 Amp Hobbywing ESC with 5A UBEC
- Flight surfaces are controlled with 17g digital metal gear servos for precise movement, strength and long life
- Ultra-bright LED landing and navigation lights for enhanced realism and dawn/dusk maneuvers
- Electronic retractable landing gear with aluminum shock absorbing struts and sequenced gear doors
- Upgraded pushrod clevis and metal ball head buckle provide a robust connection between servo and control surface and eliminate "play"
- Full function flaps allow shorter take-off distances and slow, scale landings
- Carbon spars and EPO foam construction provide the perfect balance between strength and flexibility
- Nylon hinges on all control surfaces (superior to foam hinges)
- Motor, servos, ESC and EDF come pre-installed for your convenience
- Freewing 8S Yak-130 Red 90mm EDF Super Scale Jet - PNP
- 7 Channel Radio - Select a minimum 7 channel radio from our Radio Collection
- 7 Channel Receiver - Select a minimum 7 channel receiver from our Receiver Collection
- Two 4 Cell 14.8V 5000 mAh LiPo Batteries with EC5 connector - EPR50004PRO
- EC5 2-to-1 Series Adapter - ADMEC5SERIES
- 4 Cell Compatible Battery Charger - Select a minimum 4 cell (4S) charger from our Charger Collection
1200mm / 47.2in
1500mm / 59in
4000g / 141oz
|CG (Center of Gravity)|
4075-1250kV Brushless Inrunner Motor
Electronic Speed Control
150A, 5A UBEC, EC5 connector
Propeller / EDF
90mm metal housing with 12-blade impeller
9g and 17g digital metal gear servos
|Landing Gear||Nose and main gear have electronic retracts with shock-absorbing aluminum struts|
Two 4 Cell 14.8V 5000 mAh LiPo Batteries with EC5 connector
6 Channel (7 channel for wind break)
|Build Time||2 Hours|
Product Spare Parts
Product Questions & AnswersNOTE: Questions submitted on this page are answered by customers who have previously purchased this item. If you have a support related question that requires immediate assistance, please visit our Help Center.
- November 18, 2016 - All Ready2Fly products have been integrated into the Freewing Model International brand. The package and manual of this product “may” still reflect the Ready2Fly brand, however, please rest assured you have purchased the proper Freewing product. Ordnance shown is sold separately. Also, please note that pilots and air brakes are not included.
If you need any additional assistance, please visit the Motion RC Help Center
This little piggy can fly!
I got the ARF+ model and flew it light on a FMS fan+red brick esc and she flew well scale. Didnt have power on tap but she could still scoot on WOT. As a light setup flying slick without any wing tip stations and pilots she'll fly great on 6s. I ended up switching it to the stock 8s FW setup and it was a night and day difference. She flew great on 2x 4s 5000mah 30C packs and has no trouble scooting around on 1/2-3/4 throttle. Flying on 6s I had that pucker factor of always having to be in the upper range of throttle but the 8s alleviates that. WARNING, fly this bird in on landing. DO NOT attempt to glide it in with a flare. She will drop like a brick the moment you let off throttle and she'll stall hard. All in all, i love this plane, its one of my favorites to fly and i ended up getting the gray one to paint up into another scheme. I highly suggest getting the 8s or keeping it 8s on whatever powerplant you decide. The detail and presence of this bird is astounding to say the least. The red one is definitely a head turner!
Requires much "twicking" but an excellent flyer!
Had multiple flights on this airplane already. I glued two ejcted pilots from my T-45 and paint them Russian uniforms! put in 3 sets of mini magnets to have the nose cone removable. I fly w Admiral 5000mAh batt, 6S+2S. Have to push the packs in such that only 1" touch the back part of stock position battery tray, and a separate 800mAh 3s receiver battery for the separated BEC sits just behind the cockpit. To balance at about 1/4" in front of the recommend CG range, I glued in 2 counterbalance 1/4" diameter lead fishing weights on the most anterior corner edge of each of the elevons (making each elevon nearly balanced on its axis, so 4 lead weights total). Also significantly strengthened the elevon servo housing complex w 1/16" aircraft ply and 1/4" carbon fiber sticks such that the accessible elevon complex is very solid. Also made the rudder detachable w access tube and panel for the mounting screws. Did some adjustments on the "Fowler flaps" to make them fully retract, but still with 1/8" down. A LOT of extra "twicking" work for a "plug and play" airplane at this price! However, the 3 minute flights are AWESOME and its strong EDFs sound definitely command attention at the field! Take off in under 150 ft on geotextile runway, and definitely grass runway capable. Moderate rudder coupling, but no need for elevator adjustment when deploying the flaps, even at its full specified range. Excellent vertical capability and very acrobatic. Can land VERY slowly w full flaps, on glide, w essentially no head wind, so does not need the air brake. Only downside in its flight is under 3 minutes w throttle management. Will see if the battery area can be enlarged to hold 6000mAh lipos. 5 stars for its flight characteristic!
90mm YAK 130 (Follow up)
As is my prerogative, I am giving this YAK a follow up review. After a dozen flights. I gave it the five stars it deserves. Who needs an ordinance set except for photos. The pilots will soon be in stock and the cost isn't worth not giving this plane its due... She is amazing, PERIOD!!! the sound when she is on step is incredible. The speed is a blast and more importantly, the control and handling of the plane is superb. Landings are fantastic as you can literally glide her in from 100 yards away with one or two clicks of throttle. She flares in the whole time with no hint of stalling. I can honestly say the ONLY draw back with this jet is it doesn't have an American flag on her. If you can get past that, you should have one **** of a great jet in your possession...
90mm YAK 130
I purchased this after owning the 70mm yak. Take offs and landings are majestic. Plenty of power with the 8s setup, so flying it is a blast. Short falls are: Really short flight time. Exactly 3 min, with good throttle control. Air brake servo lead is hurried and I cannot lift the brake without marring the finish to access it, so I'll live without the feature. Does not come with pilots or ordinance, yet only about $20 cheaper than the grey version. Minor issues but for over $550, it should have EVERYTHING. I would give it five stars but I think it falls just a little short, based on the smaller version.