27" Wingspan Hobbyzone Champ S+ Ready to Fly (RTF) - HBZ5400
This is an all new high tech version of the classic Hobbyzone Champ beginner RC plane. The Champ S+ truly has very large shoes to fill but the guys at Motion RC think it does all that and more with features like auto leveling, auto landing, and panic recovery to help you learn quickly. The Champ S+ includes a GPS self guidance system and gyro to help accomplish all of these features and help you learn to fly an RC plane quickly. All of this technology at this price is unheard of. However, the technology is just the starting point. While the technology makes it much easier to learn, it can be turned down and eventually turned off should yours newly acquired skills lead you to want full control at all times. This is truly the golden era of beginner RC airplanes. It wasn't all that long ago that the only things an RC trainer or beginner plane had to help you learn to fly is a buddy box where you had to rely on someone with experience to help you. Those days are behind us with this new SAFE Plus GPS technology.
Features to allow a beginner to learn to fly an RC plane on their own:
While in beginner mode, a beginner new to RC planes will simply need to let go of the sticks on the radio to signal the plane to return to straight and level flight. As you learn to fly your beginner RC plane, you will want to try the more advanced modes. If you get the Champ S+ into a Jam, simply switch back to beginner mode and release the control sticks on your radio and the plane will again return to straight and level flight. In our opinion this is one of the best features of this plane.
The HobbyZone Champ S+ allows you to land this beginner RC plane at the push of a button. This takes all stress out of landing. You don't need to use it all the time. If it is too windy and you are worried about damaging the plane, simply use auto land. As you become more of an expert, you will use auto-land less and less. Note - the Auto land feature does require calibration of the compass. Please see the manual for the process.
Auto stabilizationAuto Stabilization will keep the plane steady in the wind and keep a beginner pilot from putting the plane into extreme angles. It will keep you from dipping a wing too low and putting the nose too high and causing a stall. Again, you can turn this down as your skills progress
Many beginner RC planes have been lost because a new pilot flew too far away to maintain visual orientation. when turned on, this technology will not allow the plane to get too far away from the point of takeoff. The Hobbyzone Champ S+ will simply turn itself around and start flying back to you. It will dip and wing for a moment to signal you have the control again. Still worried? Put the plane into a holding pattern (see blow).
With the push of a button the Hobbyzone Champ S+ will fly back to the point of takeoff and circle the sky above. This is fantastic if a wind suddenly kicks up or you get nervous and need a little help.
Features at a glance:
- Exclusive SAFE® Plus GPS technology.
- 3 flight modes: Beginner, Intermediate, and Experienced.
- Innovative AutoLand technology lands the airplane by itself.
- With Panic Recovery, stable flight is resumed by simply releasing the sticks.
- Holding Pattern returns the plane and pauses flight with the push of a button.
- Virtual Fence keeps you from flying too far away.
- Durable and lightweight construction so no FAA registration is required
- FPV ready using the compatible camera and headset (sold separately)
- 280mAh 2S 7.4V 30C LiPo battery providing up to 12 minutes of flying time.
- Powerful 2S brushless motor for longevity and durability.
- 27" Hobbyzone Champ S+ Beginner RC Airplane (RTF)
- 2.4GHz transmitter with Spektrum™ DSM technology
- 2 Cell 7.4V 280mAh Li-Po battery
- DC Li-Po charger
- Detailed instruction manual with flying tips included
Nothing! Everything you need to get in the air is included in the box.
27in / 694mm
18.2in / 462mm
|CG (Center of Gravity)||N/A|
Electronic Speed Control
Propeller / EDF
|Landing Gear||Fixed main|
2 Cell 7.4V 280mAh Li-Po battery (included)
2.4GHz transmitter with Spektrum DSM2 technology (included)
|Recommended Environment||Outdoor or Large Indoor Space|
Product Questions & AnswersNOTE: Questions submitted on this page are answered by customers who have previously purchased this item. If you have a support related question that requires immediate assistance, please visit our Help Center.
- November 28, 2016 - The GPS unit may require 90 seconds or more to acquire a GPS satellite. The plane must be outdoors and will not function until the GPS signal is locked.
If you need any additional assistance, please visit the Motion RC Help Center