HobbyZone Sport Cub S with SAFE 616mm (24.3") Wingspan - RTF
This product is discontinued
Spare parts available below
24.3" Wingspan Hobbyzone Sport Cub S Beginner RC Airplane with SAFE™ - Ready to Fly (RTF) - HBZ4400
The Hobbyzone Sport Cub S is another beginner RC plane recommended by Motion RC. The HobbyZone Sport Cub S is a small size plane which allows a beginner to learn to fly an RC plane in a small area. If you live in a place without a lot of wind and you would like to learn to fly an RC plane in a small area, this beginner RC plane is for you. The HobbyZone Sport Cub S is budget friendly since it includes everything you need at this price. Another advantage of this beginner RC plane is the SAFE™ gyro flight stabilization technology. The trainer plane will auto correct itself with the push of a button should you get out of shape or into trouble. As you gain confidence, you can turn SAFE down and learn loops, rolls, and inverted flight. This is a 4 channel beginner RC plane so you can learn the use of ailerons and rudder. The included receiver is a Spektrum receiver which makes it easy to find an instructor to "buddy box" with should you want to go that route for learning. Small and light beginner RC planes like the Sport Cub S do not sustain much, if any, damage during an inevitable crash by a beginner. If it does sustain damage, parts a small and inexpensive to replace. The bigger they are the harder they fall is indeed true in the world of RC planes. Small light RC planes line the Sport Cub S always sustain less crash damage. However, larger planes are often easier to fly because they are easier to see and handle wind with ease. You must weigh the pros and cons for your area. Please take into account the wind in your area, the size of the area, the landing surface (grass vs pavement), and of course your budget.
Pros and Cons of this plane:
- Pro - Low price of entry, low price of spare parts.
- Pro - Small light planes often sustain little to no damage during crashes.
- Pro - SAFE™ stabilization technology makes learning on your own easy.
- Pro - Spektrum™ receiver makes it easy to find an instructor should you wish to seek out an instructor.
- Pro - Small plane allows Learning to fly in a small area such as a large back yard.
- Pro - 4 channel plane allows a beginner to lean ailerons and elevator.
- Con - Small planes are easily tossed around by the wind.
- Con - The Sport Cub S uses a brushed motor which have a limited life span. However replacements are inexpensive.
- Con - Replacing parts can be somewhat more difficult should spare parts be needed.
- 24.3" Hobbyzone Sport Cub S Trainer RC Airplane with SAFE Technology (RTF)
- Compact Spektrum™ 2.4GHz DSMX transmitter
- 3.7V 1S 150mAh Li-Po Battery
- USB port Fast charger
Nothing! Everything you need to get in the air is included in the box.
- E-flite 3.7V 1S 150mAh LiPo battery - EFLB1501S25
24.3in / 616mm
16.3in / 414.5mm
2.0oz / 57g
|CG (Center of Gravity)||Refer to the manual|
Micro Electric (installed)
Electronic Speed Control
Propeller / EDF
130 x 70mm single propeller
|Landing Gear||Two main / Functional tailwheel|
E-flite 3.7V 1S 150mAh LiPo battery (included)
Compact Spektrum™ 2.4GHz DSMX transmitter (included)