Mobius ActionCam 1080p Mini HD Camera w/ Wide Angle Lens
Mobius 1080p High Definition Mini Action Camera with 170 Degree Wide Angle Lens - MOB1080ACW
The Mobius ActionCam is the big brother to the best-selling 808 keychain camera. With a high quality 1080p image sensor, the Mobius camera produces videos which rival the quality of the popular GoPro Hero or Sony ActionCam, while costing less than one quarter of the price. The camera's compact size (1 3/8″ x 2 1/2″ x 3/4″ inches) and light weight (1.4 ounces) make it the perfect choice for airplane, helicopter, and multi-rotor on-board and FPV video. This version comes with a wide angle lens (170 degrees at 1080p / 120 degrees at 720p) to capture even more of your surroundings.
- HD Video Quality - The Mobius can record in beautiful 1080P H.264. HD video quality at 30 frames per second. At the highest video quality, the bit rate will be nearly 18,000 kpbs in wide angle recording. There is also a 720P 60 frames per second option suitable for extremely fast action recording, and WDR (Wide Dynamic Range) recording for low light scenarios. A Time Lapse mode, where the camera will automatically take Time-Lapsed still images is also included. The Mobius can also be configured for motion detect recording; allowing the user to set the sensitivity.
- Long Battery Life - The Mobius can record for approximately 85-90 minutes at a time. Add a power bank to increase the battery life. The Mobius Actioncam is capable of recording live video while connected to an external power source as well, such as a driving recorder.
- High Quality Audio - The Mobius records excellent quality audio at 512 Kbps PCM (CD quality). Audio can be turned off as well via the configuration utility.
- Wide Angle Lens (Lens C) - Wide angle lens (lens C) approx. FoV: 170 degrees (1080p) / 120 degrees (720p).
Case Revision - A new Mobius case has been updated with this latest version. The main difference is a widening of the top LED observation hole filled with a clear plastic "light pipe" that extends over the four LED's inside, capturing the LED illumination and directing it to the plastic in the hole where it is much easier to see.
Circuit Board Revision - A new V3 circuit board has been released with an over-voltage protection IC added at the USB plug which will immediately disconnect external power if the applied voltage is between 5.6V and 28V (nominal). This will protect the camera from virtually all of the situations where greater than standard 5V USB power (e.g. 12+ V from a 3S lipo flight pack or FPV TX buss) has been accidentally connected to the camera. This protection IC is ahead of all other camera circuitry, so there will be no indication from the camera when this circuit cuts power. There simply will be no power from the external source. If the camera was already operating on it's internal battery when an over-voltage external supply is connected, it will continue recording on it's internal battery with no help or re-charging available from the external source. NOTE: This IC protection does NOT provide any reverse polarity protection, so it is still imperative that ANY external power connection is not reversed. Doing so will damage the circuitry, as will external power that exceeds 28V. The V3 circuit board will otherwise perform like the V2 board.
Optional Battery Available - An 820 mAH battery is now available, which fits in the standard Mobius case and will boost the normal recording time (in default 1080p mode with normal data rate) by about 60% to approximately 130 min . Charging, of course will take proportionally longer. The V3 circuit board has a higher battery charge current than the V1 and V2 boards, and will recharge the new battery in about 3 hours, whereas the earlier circuit boards will take about 5+ hours for a full re-charge. The new battery weighs about 5 gms more than the 520 mAH original battery.
- Mobius 1080p ActionCam
- Attachment sleeve
- 1/4-20 threaded tripod mount
- USB cable
- Lens cover
- Micro SD Card
- Mobius Camera Battery Eliminator Cable - MOBBEC
Rechargeable LIPO Battery (500mah), with Battery Charger Manage IC
Video: 1080P 30FPS FULL HD, 720P 60FPS, 720P 30FPS HD H.264/AVC1 video codec, .MOV file format
2304 x 1536, 1920 x 1080, 1280 x 720, supports Time Lapse Photo
|Micro SD||MicroSD card slot, supports up to 32GB, suggest using Class 4 or above|
USB2.0, plug and play, easy connection with computers, no driver needed
Live TV video output while recording videos with the TV out cables (optional)
Product Questions & AnswersNOTE: Questions submitted on this page are answered by customers who have previously purchased this item. If you have a support related question that requires immediate assistance, please visit our Help Center.
- Mobius Mini Instruction Manual
- Mobius ActionCam Instruction Manual
- Mobius 2 Action Camera Instruction Manual
- March 30, 2016 - Once you have formatted the Mobius Mini following the instructions and you are experiencing a black screen but working audio on video playback, first make sure the lens cap is removed. If the lens cap is removed and the video is still black, use the free mSetup.exe Windows configuration app to make sure your firmware is up-to-date. Once the firmware is up-to-date this should resolve the blank video issue. Important note: If the video is still not recording make sure you have H.264 selected for the Video CODEC NOT H.265 HEVC which is incompatible on most systems.
- March 30, 2016 - The ActionCam does not come in a standard box but is packed and shipped in a protective plastic bag.
If you need any additional assistance, please visit the Motion RC Help Center
Great value for the price!
Great little cam
My EFC:tm: -721 720p HD Video Camera finally died and I needed a replacement. For the money this little Mobius is definitely an upgrade, the 1080P produces a pretty clear and sharp image, the wide angle lens gives you a great view of the horizon. I would definitely recommend this cam for your park flyers, 3/4" square self adhesive velcro tabs make positioning the cam a breeze, and as always the service at Motion is second to none.
1. Buy it. 2. Don't look back!
No Regrets! Great video for the price. Small enough for foam planes. Now I have Velcro on all my aircraft planes & heli's so I can stick this sweet little camera on and fly within seconds.. So fun!
best **** for your buck
Unlike many lesser models it actually works like is advertised, simple to use and comes with customer support. For its small size it has very impressive video.
The Mobius is a great cam for the money. Very sharp and clear video small enough to mount on most park flyers. It is simple to use and light. I would say the video quality is on Par with the GOPRO Hero in a small package just right for RC aircraft. If you are looking for a camcorder that will give great results this one is a good choice
Great video for the price
Was surprised with the video being very stable on an rc airplane, conseridering it has no image stabilization. Picture is very clear and crisp.
Have made 10 videos with this camera since receiving it 2 weeks ago. Half the videos have been recorded mounted on the Freewing Pandora. All have excellent clarity. Having a great time filming. Easy to use and setup.
crystal clear video
Have put 10 flights on my 182 cessna with this camera and the video's look great. Crystal clear playback good audio . Going to try it from my Eflight carbon z cub on land & lake. Will buy one more so i can use as hat cam and get video from both angles. Have made 11 flights from hat already. Sure nice to finally get video of my planes in flight. Happy with purchase. And as always MRC fastest shipping on the planet. Thank you guys for great service.
As good as a GO PRO
I bought this because of the quality of the video that was shown on videos I watched. Its very small and light. The picture quality is great, I would just suggest watching a video on the camera because the instructions can get confusing. I watched a video for 3 minutes and know how to use it.