Spektrum AR636 6-Channel AS3X® Sport Receiver
Spektrum AR636 6-Channel AS3X Sport Receiver - SPMAR636
This new generation Spektrum™ AS3X (Artificial Stabilization – 3-aXis) makes it easier than ever to fly your planes. What is AS3X? It is essentially a 3 axis gyro built into the receiver. This gives you the feeling your plane is "on rails". The AS3X can be programmed so you can turn it on and off from your radio. Some people only want to turn it on during landing.
The AS3X is completely programmable. You can program the AS3X using your apple or Android smart phone or tablet for programming. You can also plug it into a Windows computer or laptop for programming. An application is required which can be downloaded for free. The programming application for Apple devices is currently available. The application allows you to very simply program the AS3X.
The app allows the following to be programmed:
- Select from one of 3 AS3X modes: Off, Conventional Rate, or Heading Hold
- Activate flaperon/dual aileron, delta/elevon, V-tail or dual elevator mixing
- Take advantage of servo setup options like balancing, travel adjust, absolute limits, reversing and more
- Set output and gain settings for each individual channel (change sensitivity)
- Programming via PC or iOS/Android mobile devices
- Perfect for enthusiasts interested in park flyers up to giant scale aircraft that want to take advantage of AS3X technology & stabilization
- AS3X technology—3 axis stabilization
- 3 gyro modes allow customization of the gyro performance and feel of the aircraft
- Programmable from mobile devices (iOS and Android) as well as PCs—easy setup at home or at the field (cables not included)
- Compact design
- Standard servo connectors
- AS3X Programming Cable - USB Interface - SPMA3065 (For PC) OR
- AS3X Programming Cable - Audio Interface - SPMA3081 (For Smart Phone)
Number of Channels
Modulation / Protocol
|Dimensions (L x W x H)|
42 x 23.5 x 14mm
Product Questions & AnswersNOTE: Questions submitted on this page are answered by customers who have previously purchased this item. If you have a support related question that requires immediate assistance, please visit our Help Center.
- Reviews (23)
- Questions (10)
AR636 6 channel
i have had great service from these i have a E-Flight F4U Corsair with the AR636, has 193 flights w/2 crashes no receiver problems ever.
rate spectrum ar636 receiver
1. Great sport receiver 2. Light weight 3. All channels operate excellent 4. Range exceptional 5. Quality excellent
Died after about 50 flights
Fortunately it died on a soft landing right at touch down. The throttle went wide open and the elevator went full down. All it did was chew some grass. But what if it was up 300 feet?. Horizon replaced the receiver but I have issues with trusting it. I have been using me AR 600 which is working great. Has anyone else experienced catastrophic failure with the AR636
Only receiver I use.
This is the receiver I use on all my airplanes. It's reliable, easy to use, has AS3X technology. I don't want to risk my models, so I always use Spektrum.
Spektrum refuses to provide any programming examples or provide any working tools to program the AS3X feature. The supposed mobile app for android "Spektrum AS3X Programmer" Does Not Work on any of the newer phones. Do not waste any of your money on any AS3X receivers. I do like the AS3X technology, It's Spektrum's declining support and quality that is really going down hill fast.
Hard to programme !
Hard to programme !
We regret that you had a negative experience with a Motion RC Product or service. Please contact our customer service team for further assistance. You can call, chat, or email by clicking on the following link: [Motion RC Contact Info](https://www.motionrc.com/pages/contact)
Perfect for astute students
I have several and once you learn to set them up, what once took days now takes minutes. I do not use the Relative Gain Setting to make changes from my radio, I have had issues with that and only use my IPad now for setting changes. They are pricey but I've had cheaper ones fail me.
The ar636 receiver is for professional use. Having to download a program or 2 and navigate that then hook it to the transmitter and run the app and pray you didn't mess up and have to start over. I've used other 6 channel receivers that were way easier and faster to bind to and you'd never know it wasn't a spektrum. The ar636 isn't anything special and as for as3x it's a selling pitch. My 10 dollar receiver is in my plane and the ar636 is the junk drawer. Wayyyyyyyy over priced, you can buy 5 receivers for 90 dollars or u can buy 1 ar636 that will brownout and cost you a plane.
Familiar and consistent