Spektrum DX9 Black Edition 9-Channel Transmitter
Spektrum DX9 Black Edition 9-Channel DSM2/DSMX Transmitter Mode 1-4 Selectable, SPMR9910
The DX9 has a number of features that make this the transmitter to own in the 9 channel class. Key among these is voice alerts, wireless trainer function, and the comfort and ease of programming only Spektrum can provide. The easy to program but highly capable airware software system makes complicated setups simple and encourages people to do more with their hobby. Telemetry will become more useful and meaningful with the voice alerts in the DX9, and for a fully integrated voice feedback system Spektrum offers a full suite of advanced telemetry sensors.
- 9 fully-proportional channels
- Exclusive Black Edition finish
- User-configurable switch and stick assignment
- 11ms frame rates with capable receivers
- Airplane, heli, sailplane and multirotor programming
- Voice alerts—transmitter can speak to the user in 5 different languages ** (English, German, Spanish, Italian, and French) to communicate information from telemetry
- Wireless trainer system with model match—instructors can work with multiple students without having to re-bind to each student
- Virtually unlimited model memory—transmitter stores up to 250 models and only populates the model list with models the user has configured
- Direct system menu access—it is not necessary to power off the transmitter to access the key system menu
- Active gyro and governor trim in heli, 3-axis gyro support for aircraft—allows adjustment of gyro gain for all 3-axes in flight
- Absolute travel feature prevents over-driving servos when using mixes
- High resolution 192x96 backlit LCD screen
- User mode selectable (1–4), comes in Mode 2 configuration
- User-configurable switch and stick assignment
- 7 point curves give the ability to fine tune model setups to allow precision adjustments of mixes and pitch/throttle curves
- Helicopter electronic "E Ring" electronically prevents overdriving the cyclic servos
- Forward programming capability already built into the DX9 will ensure customers can take advantage of the next generation of Spektrum components
- SD card support for backing up files, BNF setups, and firmware updates
- Binds with any DSM2 or DSMX aircraft receiver
- DX9 Black Edition 9 Channel Transmitter
- 2000mAh 2S Li-Ion transmitter battery (installed)
- Custom DX9 neck strap
- Global power supply (for charging)
Number of Channels
Modulation / Protocol
Mode 1-4 (Default Mode 2)
Quad Ball Bearing
|Memory Card Support|
|Dual Rate / Expo|
|Servo Speed Adjustment|
2000mAh Rechargeable Li-Ion (Included)
Product Spare Parts
Product Questions & AnswersNOTE: Questions submitted on this page are answered by customers who have previously purchased this item. If you have a support related question that requires immediate assistance, please visit our Help Center.
If you need any additional assistance, please visit the Motion RC Help Center
- Reviews (18)
- Questions (1)
Spectrum DX9 TX
This radio has to be the best yet .I have had very little trouble with anything as far as programing any of my 14 planes so far . For me it was much easier to understand compared to the DX6I.A far as i am concerned,this will be the only radio i will ever need especially with an SD card and its already 250 model memory.The only issue i seem to have had and still as of yet to register it but it has not stopped me from rebinding my current planes to this radio .as far as assigning the many switches on it ,i had some slight trouble at first between it negative and positive sides to the throws ,but it was fairly easy to figure it all out .for the 1st time i now have finally managed to get all of my flaps set on the 3 position switches so now i get for now in the 1st position 30 degrees of throw and then the final position on switch i get full flaps .I also think that the ability to set them on a timer as to just how fast the respond . This is just one fantastic radio is all i can say about it .my hat goes off to Spectrum with this radio . has many other features you just have to set and read the manual to get the full understanding and i might add, that the manual is a lot easier to understand for me when compared to my DX6i. Ha,Ha,i could run on and on talking about this so i will stop here .just cant wait to actually get some sweet weather to actually try it at the field .it just feels that good and is so cool with all the different voice alerts you can set with in the programing with this radio . i would highly recommend this radio for all it stands for .great going Spectrum is all i can say !!!
Better than expected
Better than expected
Fully functional and I am discovering more functions all the time.
I have Walkera, Futaba and now Spektrum. Out of the 3, the Stektrum has become my go/to radio. The other radios are great radios but the Spektrum is so easy to program.
Great transmiter, can handle all of my needs and more
I haven't used it yet but I own a dx6i. The additional features of this radio such as the voice promts,and model capacity make it a home run for me.it's also very user friendly for a radio. That can do complex things,I'm loving it
The good the bad and the ****
as a long time JR user I wanted something new and spectrum has had a lot of favorable reviews over the years. I received the transmitter and dug into the instructions. To say that they are minimal and uninformative is really an understatement. Whoever wrote them assumed a lot as they are neither intuitive or highly informational . Setting them up is relatively easy, getting them to work properly is the problem. A previous review has commented on the problems of getting things to work and I have to concur with his observations. perhaps they are not so problematical to long time users but having had access to a Spectrum 7s and having no problems with it the 9 surely disappoints in ease of set up and instructions. That said it has some really nice features including a major for me in that it is truly light weight a real plus. The features as they become unraveled are efficient and work well. The sticks good and the tension as supplied was about right for me. it is a truly great piece of engineering and it would be a 5 star if only they would get all of the idiosyncrasies to the tx well documented for new users of the Spectrum product. A great product is one that pays attention to all of the small details and Horizon and Spectrum have a little more work to do to get that other star from me.
Extremely capable radio, steep learning curve
Spektrum has hit a home run with the "new and improved" DX9. It has all the capability any non professional RC pilot could want. The PROS: Too numerous to mention, and are well detailed in the description and specifications. It has "capability in spades" The CONS: As a long time Futaba user, I found that learning how to come to terms with the very complex and capable DX9 involved a very steep learning curve that was best approached with the assistance of YouTube videos, especially the Spektrum Tech Tips series. The manual is helpful for describing what each of the myriad switches does, but is UTTERLY USELESS for setting up a model and USING the radio. Also, I was unable to locate a "master map" of the menu structure, so learning which menu and sub menu to select to set up a model is literally "see and do", with repetition assisting the pilot in recalling HOW to make the unit sing. (Minus 1 star for Spektrum's abysmal learning media). CONCLUSION: Frustrating but eminently capable, with more features than I may ever understand, I expect this radio will meet my needs for years to come.