Kyosho Tomahawk 1/10 Scale 2WD Buggy - KIT
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
- (Save $-269.99)
- Unit price
Tomahawk 1/10 Scale 2WD Buggy - KIT from Kyosho - KYO30615B
Version Info: This buggy is a KIT, and as such will require electronics, paint and other equipment (see Requires below for details).
Based on the solid foundation of the Scorpion, the Tomahawk was modified and launched as a pure racing vehicle. On its release, the Tomahawk swept challengers away from Japan and around the world to create a legend that is still remembered by many R/C racers today. In response to many requests from R/C fans, Kyosho is proud to add the Tomahawk as the 3rd Immortal model in the Vintage Series. Incorporating metal parts from the 2014 Scorpion such as the 6061T6 aluminum main frame chassis, forged suspension arms, 2-piece aluminum diecast gearbox with built-in diff gears, the Tomahawk will always be a pure racing machine with its characteristic Spartan double deck.
The new Tomahawk is not simply a reproduction of the original machine. Each key component has updated with modern R/C racing technology and power source to product superior circuit performance. Many will appreciate its nostalgic style, but the elimination of radio box to reduce weight and side mounting of the battery for optimal weight distribution sharpens the edge of the Tomahawk for the pure enjoyment of true racing performance.
Visit the Official Kyosho Tomahawk 1/10 Scale 2WD Buggy Discussion Thread on HobbySquawk.com for additional photos, videos, reviews, and customer Q&A.
A Recreation of the Original Body Design
Features pre-cut polycarbonate body made from the original Tomahawk body mold. Kit includes driver figure with dust cover.
High Efficiency and Low Noise
Combination of nylon and sintered alloy in 48-pitch gears realizes high efficiency and low noise. Ball diff for RB series can be installed as an option.
Increased Chassis Rigidity
Front of lower deck on original model was secured with nylon band. New model is fixed with resin clamp to increase chassis rigidity.
Replica of Original Heatsink
Original heatsink for the mechanical speed controller is no longer used, but the Tomahawk features a chrome finished plastic replica of the original.
Scale Roof Light Bucket
Roof light bucket creates scale look and feel, including the light guard that was not included in original model.
Securely Mounted Servo
Servo mounting now secured with screw system for more accuracy and control. (Servo on original model was fixed with double sided tape and nylon band.)
- Reproduction of Tomahawk that swept races throughout the 1980’s. Each part updated to 2015 specifications
- Gearbox and oil shocks are pre assembled. (Requires filling with included oil)
- Decals included create vivid color scheme. Side window mesh recreated with decals
- New rear body stay provides secure mounting of body
- Front/rear tires recreate the look of original but with optimized block pattern and high grip material
- Slipper clutch included to protect drive system from rough treatment and can be adjusted to suit various surface conditions
- Countersunk main frame and use of tapping screws create a flat surface and reduces number of nuts
- Hex type screws on chassis (except on some parts) add security and work efficiency
- Compatible with optional parts for Scorpion for customized chassis tuning
- Blister packaging recreates the original image of the Tomahawk
- Kyosho Tomahawk 1/10 Scale 2WD Buggy - KIT
- Semi pre-assembled kit (gearbox and oil shocks are pre-assembled)
- Polycarbonate clear body
- L type hex wrench
- Cross wrench
- Shock wrench
- Shock oil
- 2-channel R/C system (1x servo and 1x ESC)
- 540 class motor (30-27 turn recommended)
- ESC compatible with motor installed
- 7.2V Ni-MH Battery for chassis
- NiMH compatible battery charger - we recommend the SkyRC B6AC V2 50W 6 Cell (6S) AC/DC LiPo Battery Charger
- Paint for polycarbonate body
- Batteries for transmitter
- Tools (1.5, 2, 2.5mm hex wrench driver)