Nexa DHC-6 Twin Otter Canadian Yellow 1870mm (73.6") Wingspan - ARF
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
- (Save $-329.00)
- Unit price
DHC-6 Twin Otter Canadian Yellow 1870mm (73.6") Wingspan - ARF from Nexa - NXA-1004001
The De Havilland Canada DHC-6 Twin Otter, currently marketed as the Viking Air DHC-6 Twin Otter, is a Canadian 19-passenger STOL (Short Takeoff and Landing) utility aircraft developed by de Havilland Canada and currently produced by Viking Air. The aircraft’s fixed tricycle undercarriage, STOL abilities, and high rate of climb have made it a successful cargo, regional passenger airliner and Medevac aircraft. In addition, the Twin Otter has been popular with commercial skydiving operations, and is used by the United States Army Parachute Team and the United States Air Force’s 98th Flying Training Squadron.
The Nexa DHC-6 Twin Otter is a .25 size electric scale series civilian utility aircraft with a 1870mm wingspan, constructed primarily from balsa wood and covered in a Canadian yellow, red and black livery. This ARF requires assembly and installation of your choice of servos and power system, and includes two piece wing with aluminum wing joiner, fiberglass cowl and spinner. A large battery tray provides ample space for any size battery you require. An optional float set is available for snow or water-based operations (not included).
Visit the Official Nexa DHC-6 Twin Otter 1870mm ARF Discussion Thread on HobbySquawk.com for additional photos, videos, reviews, and customer Q&A.
Fully Covered and Detailed
The Nexa DHC-6 Twin Otter comes fully covered in a vibrant and attractive yellow, red and black Canadian livery.
Scale Details Throughout
There is no shortage of scale details with this Twin Otter including flaps, simulated panel lines and functional cabin doors.
Large Battery Hatch
The battery hatch is not only easily accessible but expansive with ample space for your chosen battery and any peripheral electronics such as a gyro if desired.
Optional Float Set Available
A set of optional floats is available and tailor-made for this model (not included).
- High contrast and attractive yellow, red and black Canadian livery
- Complete Balsa and lite-ply construction for rigidity and durability
- Two piece wing with aluminum wing joiner for easy transport
- Large battery tray provides ample space for any size battery you require
- Functional cabin door and well appointed throughout
- Fiberglass cowling and spinner for strength and durability
- All control surfaces come out of the box pre-hinged and installed for convenience
- Optional floats available for snow or water-based operations (see below)
- Nexa DHC-6 Twin Otter Canadian Yellow 1870mm (73.6") Wingspan - ARF
- Wheels, spinner, hardware and decals
- 6 Channel radio - select a minimum 6 channel radio from our Radio Collection
- 6 Channel receiver - select a minimum 6 channel receiver from our Receiver Collection
- 2x .25 size brushless outrunner motors - we recommend the Admiral GP2 3520-950Kv Brushless Motor Multi-Pack (2 Motors)
- 2x 65 Amp brushless ESCs - we recommend ZTW Mantis G2 65A ESC with 8A SBEC Multi-Pack (2 ESCs)
- 2x 17g standard servos for ailerons - we recommend Hitec HS-85BB High Torque Micro Servo Airplane Multi-Pack (2 Servos)
- 2x 45g standard servos for elevator and rudder - we recommend Hitec HS-485HB Deluxe Ball Bearing Karbonite Gear Standard Servo Airplane Multi-Pack (2 Servos)
- 2x 9g standard servos for flaps - we recommend Hitec HS-65HB Very High Torque 9g Micro Servo Airplane Multi-Pack (2 Servos)
- 3 Cell 11.1V 5000 - 6000 mAh LiPo Battery - we recommend the Admiral 5000mAh 3S 11.1V 50C LiPo Battery with EC5 Connector
- 2x Electric propellers - we recommend APC 11x7 Thin Electric