Nexa Spitfire Mk.IX 1540mm (60.6") Wingspan - ARF
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
- (Save $-359.00)
- Unit price
- Spare Parts
Spitfire Mk.IX 1540mm (60.6") Wingspan - ARF from Nexa - NXA1008-001
The Supermarine Spitfire is a British single-seat fighter aircraft that was used by the Royal Air Force and other Allied countries before, during, and after World War II. Many variants of the Spitfire were built, using several wing configurations, and it was produced in greater numbers than any other British aircraft. It was also the only British fighter produced continuously throughout the war. The Spitfire continues to be popular among enthusiasts; nearly 60 remain airworthy, and many more are static exhibits in aviation museums throughout the world.
The Nexa Spitfire Mk.IX is a .50 size electric or gas option scale series warbird with a 1540mm wingspan, constructed primarily from balsa wood and covered with a fuel-resistant covering. This ARF requires assembly and installation of your choice of servos and power system, and includes split flaps, painted pilot, machine gun, antenna and other scale details. The large battery hatch affords ample room for either electric or gas setups. To complete the scale appeal of this beautiful Spitfire, the model includes electric retracts and scale struts. Impress at your flying field with this iconic stunner!
Visit the Official Nexa Spitfire Mk.IX 1540mm ARF Discussion Thread on HobbySquawk.com for additional photos, videos, reviews, and customer Q&A.
Fully Covered and Detailed
The Nexa Spitfire Mk.IX comes fully covered including simulated panel lines, rivets, nomenclature and weathering detail.
Scale Details Throughout
There is no shortage of scale details with this Spitfire including functional split flaps, antenna, machine guns, painted pilot, electric retracts and metal main struts.
Prehinged and Installed Control Surfaces
All control surfaces come out of the box fully prehinged and installed for your convenience.
Easy To Transport
The Spitfire with its just under 1.6M wingspan is easy to transport.
- Complete Balsa and lite-ply construction for rigidity and durability
- Covered from tip to tail in scale details including weathering, functional split flaps, printed simulated panel lines and rivets
- Fiberglass cowling for strength and durability
- The hand-painted pilot is ready for your added cockpit details
- All control surfaces come out of the box pre-hinged and installed for convenience
- Large battery hatch allows for your chosen electric or gas setup
- Nexa Spitfire Mk.IX 1540mm (60.6") Wingspan - ARF
- Electric retracts, wheels and struts
- Fuel tank, hardware and servo trays
- 7 Channel radio - select a minimum 7 channel radio from our Radio Collection
- 7 Channel receiver - select a minimum 7 channel receiver from our Receiver Collection
- Brushless outrunner motor - we recommend the Admiral GP10 5030-400Kv Brushless Motor
- 65 Amp brushless ESC - we recommend the ZTW Mantis 65A ESC with 5A SBEC
- 4x standard servos for ailerons, elevator and rudder - we recommend FOUR Hitec HS-485HB Deluxe Ball Bearing Karbonite Gear Standard Servo
- 2x standard servos for flaps - we recommend the Hitec HS-85BB High Torque Micro Servo Airplane Multi-Pack (2 Servos)
- 6 Cell 22.2V 4000 mAh LiPo Battery - we recommend the Admiral 4000mAh 6S 22.2V 40C LiPo Battery with XT60 Connector
- Electric propeller - we recommend the APC 15x8 Thin Electric Propeller - Black
- 6 Cell compatible battery charger - select a minimum 6 cell (6S) charger from our Charger Collection
- 2 stroke engine - we recommend the NGH-GT9 Pro 9cc Two-Stroke Engine
- 2 blade gas propeller - we recommend the APC 15x8 Gas Propeller
Nexa ARF models are constructed out of balsa wood and plywood. These are not foam models. The assembly of balsa wood ARF aircraft requires basic model building skills including the installation of servos, ESC, and motor (or gas engine).
1540mm / 60.6in
1230mm / 48.4in
3900g / 137.5oz
CG (Center of Gravity)
90-95mm from the leading edge of the wing's root
400Kv Brushless outrunner motor for electric or 2-stroke for gas (required)
Electronic Speed Control
Propeller / EDF
15x8 2-blade for electric or 15x8 gas 2-blade for gas (required)
Electric retractable (included)
6 Cell 22.2V 4000 mAh LiPo Battery (required)
7+ Channel (required)
|Balsa and light plywood|
Product Spare Parts
1 - 27 of 27 results
Product questions & answers
NOTE: Questions submitted on this page are answered by customers who have previously purchased this item. If you have a support related question that requires immediate assistance, please visit our Help Center
If you need any additional assistance, please visit the Motion RC Help Center