FlightLine La-7 1100mm (43") Wingspan - PNP
FlightLine La-7 1100mm (43") Wingspan - PNP - FLW202P
The Lavochkin La-7 was considered by many pilots to be one of the best fighters of World War II. The aircraft was superior to the famed Bf-109G in vertical performance and maneuverability, and the La-7’s speed allowed it to defend the Soviet frontlines from bomber attacks. Over 5,700 aircraft were built as the La-7 earned its place in aviation history. The Soviet’s top scoring ace, Ivan Kozhedub, piloted his La-7 “White 27” to over 60 aerial victories.
FlightLine’s 1:9 scale flying replica of the La-7 uses EPO material and a fiberglass reinforced one piece wing to offer pilots excellent performance at a great value. A large equipment cabin gives easy access to the ESC, receiver, and battery compartment. Screws attach the wing and elevator for quick assembly. Scale details such as the three bladed propeller and split flaps enhance the model’s realism.
The La-7’s 1100mm wingspan makes the aircraft easy to transport and gives it excellent maneuverability at a wide speed range. Its tall 65mm wheels and wide stance allow takeoff/landing on short, dry grass. The pre-installed 3647 brushless outrunner motor and recommended 4S 14.8v battery can achieve 135kph/83mph level speed with the scale three-blade propeller. An optional Sport Power System (sold separately) can be purchased to achieve 155kph/96mph speeds on the same 4s 14.8v battery.
- Removable main wing/elevator for easy transport
- High power motor for speeds up to 135kph/83mph
- Adhesive decal sheets included for six different liveries
- Intuitive internal structural design for optimized cooling of all electronics in the fuselage from the nose to the tail
- Large cabin space for easy placement of the battery and radio equipment
- Built-in flat spot near the CG for optimal placement of a gyro (optional, sold separately)
- Improved spinner and propeller mounting design to enable better balance
- Optional upgrade complete nylon hinge set included in each box for free
- Tall foam rubber 65mm diameter main wheels and additional forward rake angle for operating on short grass runways
- Electric retractable landing gear with metal trunions, metal reinforcement plate and 4mm steel wire struts
- Optional two bladed propeller Sport Power System (sold separately) to achieve speeds up to 155kph/96mph
- FlightLine La-7 1100mm (43") Wingspan - (PNP)
- Motor, ESC, servos and retracts pre-assembled
- 6 Channel Radio - Select a minimum 6 channel radio from our Radio Collection
- 6 Channel Receiver - Select a minimum 6 channel receiver from our Receiver Collection
- 4 Cell 14.8V 2500mAh to 4000mAh LiPo battery with XT60 Connector – We recommend the Admiral 4 Cell 14.8V 4000mAh LiPo battery
- 4 Cell Compatible Battery Charger - Select a minimum 4 cell (4S) charger from our Charger Collection
1100mm / 43in
970mm / 38in
1350g / 47oz
|CG (Center of Gravity)||85mm from the leading edge of the wing at the root|
3648-830Kv Brushless Outrunner Motor (Stock scale power system)
Electronic Speed Control
60A Brushless with XT60 connector
Propeller / EDF
10x6 3 Blade Propeller / 12x8 2 Blade Propeller High Performance Version (optional)
9g plastic gear standard with 550mm lead: left aileron, right aileron
|Landing Gear||Electric retracts with metal trunions|
4 Cell 14.8V 2500mAh to 4000mAh LiPo battery with XT60 Connector
6+ Channel 2.4GHz
Foam hinges except nylon hinges on flaps
|Build Time||2 Hours|
|Recommended Environment||Outdoor, minimum 200 foot runway, pavement recommended, less than 1" tall smooth grass|
Product Spare Parts
Product Questions & AnswersNOTE: Questions submitted on this page are answered by customers who have previously purchased this item. If you have a support related question that requires immediate assistance, please visit our Help Center.
- March 9, 2017 - There is an optional two bladed propeller Sport Power System (sold separately) to achieve speeds up to 155kph/96mph. This Sport Power System includes: 3648-880kV motor, 12x8 2 blade propeller, and 2 bladed spinner. This Sport Power System is suitable for all 1100-1200mm wingspan warbirds from the FlightLineRC brand. Click the upgrades tab for more info.
- March 9, 2017 - Our first production run of La-7s include water slide decals. To apply, cut out each decal individually, soak in warm water for 10 seconds, apply to desired area, and press firmly with dry paper towel to remove any excess water.
If you need any additional assistance, please visit the Motion RC Help Center
Gorgeous Model of Iconic Soviet Warbird
This model of the iconic Lavochkin La-7 is beautiful and impressive. While it can be nice to have decals pre-applied (i.e., one less thing to deal with upon assembly), I actually enjoyed selecting from the wide variety of included decals to make my particular La-7 unique. She's a glorious bird and real standout beauty-queen in my "hangar."
Good packing and building was great except for the decals, go back to the old style. The flight was smooth after two tries at taking off weather plans into the wind at slow speed fast but once in the air she fly's on rails no trim needed except for 4 clicks down with the PRO 3600 4s all the way forward and the landing right down on mains with no flaps. Wish they would kit a 1600mm La-7. All other items I ordered where great also.
As always great shiping, I let the grandson put it together,he had no problems , the only thing was the pilot was loose in the canopy,, easy fix,, the cg was easy easy, i put two black thumtacks on the c g for finger balance...using a 3600 batt. all the way forward leads to the rear, the balance is perfect,, p factor is in play,easy on the power ...... keep the speed up ,dont flair too soon..fast and smooth, lots of fun..good job motion....
Another beautiful plane that I just purchased from Motion RC made by Flightline. The paint job, the finish and details are amazing. She is fast and track likes on rail, I havent got her flies at wot yet because she gets small very quickly. Needless to mention the shipping and service from MRC is second to none. They are the best in the industry and i purchase most of my planes from them. Thanks MRC for another great product.
Let me start with I have not had a chance to fly it yet. Plane went together really easy. The quality is superior. Just have to wait until spring/summer to do maiden flight.
Great looking model and flies very well. Model is very fast and it gets very small fast !!! the color makes it hard to see so I added white patches on the upper wing. take offs can be very pleasant or very squirrly. I have found the CG on the instruction book is wrong. move the published CG 3/4" further back. Imagine that a nose heavy warbird ! On my first flight, the airplane tail came up too fast and caused a prop strike, timing the prop about 1/4 "on all 3 blades. I subsequently moved the CG back 3/4" and haven't had the problem since. 1. For a perfect TO ease the throttle forward to no more than 40%. the little beast will track straight down the Land lift off about 150 to 200 feet down the runway. don't apply full power until the retracts are up and you have started a turn away from the pits. This monster will torque to the left like you can't believe. 2. Use the published low rates for all the most aggressive flying. 3. For landing you may want to use a lot of expo in the elevator. With or without Flaps, fly this airplane all of the way to the runway. It will get squirley just before touch down. If you are too fast it will bounce up and ruin your day. With or without flaps, Use a tiny bit of elevator to let it settle onto the runway. A Little head wind of 5 to 7 mph will greatly enhance landings. I would recommend this airplane for advanced pilots only.
Considering it’s still in the box but to what I see it looks good.thanks
An awesome looking plane
First off let me say that the fit and finish is top quality and the motor is a powerhouse, however that is where the praise ends. I had a flap servo fail on the first flight's final approach. luckily I was able to retract the working flap and go around. I had a wheel cover strip the screws on the third flight. This plane will not survive an undeveloped runway as the wing will ***** where the retracts attach. If you add the incredibly high wing loading for a model of this size it just ends up being a complete disappointment. I was looking for a quick plane with landing gear, but in the end the old moray just blows this thing away in flight. I love all of the other Freewings (Flightline by Freewing) I have owned and will chalk this one up to a hick-up
Motion RC has a new European website
Go there instead?