Freewing Avanti S High Performance 80mm EDF Ultimate Sport Jet - PNP
Freewing 80mm 12-Blade EDF Avanti S High Performance Ultimate Sport Jet - (Plug-N-Play) - PNP - FJ21212P
Version Info: This is the High Performance version of the Freewing Avanti S 80mm. This version includes a powerful 3658-1857kV inrunner motor with 12-blade fan, 100A ESC and hybrid metal gear servos.
Renowned worldwide as the ultimate EDF sport jet blending precision performance in a sleek and affordable package, the Freewing 80mm Avanti S is a fan-favorite powerhouse!
The Avanti S has won awards in freestyle, acrobatic, sport, and other classes in competitions worldwide in a variety of sizes and powerplants including electric and turbine. Its remarkable performance and crisp handling at all speeds sets it apart as one of the most sought-after sport jets in the hobby.
Visit the Official Freewing Avanti S Discussion Thread on HobbySquawk.com for additional photos, videos, reviews, and customer Q&A.
Optimized ducting eliminates the need for a cheater hole and enhances efficiency, delivering speeds exceeding 115mph!
Powerful 12-blade EDF with powerful 3658-1857KV inrunner motor and 100A ESC.
Digital Metal Gear servos on all flying surfaces and brass ball link control hardware deliver precise responses to your control inputs.
Electric retracts and trailing link suspension struts for easy and effective grass operation.
Removable wings with quick disconnect plug.
LED position lights on the wingtips, dorsal spine, and ventral keel.
Split flaps help execute short takeoffs and slow, controlled landing approaches.
- Officially licensed by SebArt International, the Avanti's original designer
- NEW! 12 Blade factory balanced EDF with metal housing combined with a powerful brushless 3658-1857kV inrunner motor
- NEW! 100 Amp Hobbywing ESC with 5A BEC
- NEW! Hybrid metal gear servos throughout
- 115mph airspeed on stock outrunner and 6s 4000mAh battery
- Optimized ducting that eliminates the need for a cheater hole
- Electric retracts and trailing link suspension struts for grass operation
- Removable wings with quick disconnect plug
- LED position lights on the wingtips, dorsal spine, and ventral keel
- 1236mm wingspan and 1300mm length
- Magnetic removable nose cone with plastic cap for durability
- Split flaps
- Two seat foam cockpit and light tinted plastic canopy for customization
- Spring-hinged double nose door
- Freewing Avanti S High Performance 80mm EDF Ultimate Sport Jet - PNP
- 6 Channel Radio - Select a minimum 6 channel radio from our Radio Collection
- 6 Channel Receiver - Select a minimum 6 channel receiver from our Receiver Collection
- 6 Cell 22.2V 4000 - 6000 mAh LiPo Battery with EC5 connector - we recommend Admiral 6 Cell 6000 mAh LiPo battery
- Minimum 6 Cell Battery Charger - Select a minimum 6 Cell battery charger from our Battery Collection
1236mm / 48.6in
1300mm / 51.2in
~2600g / 91.7oz
|CG (Center of Gravity)||105-110mm where wing's LE meets fuselage (see manual diagram)|
3658-1857kV Brushless Inrunner Motor
Electronic Speed Control
100A ESC with EC5 Connector
Propeller / EDF
80mm EDF with 12 Blade Fan
9g hybrid metal gear standard with 200mm lead : nose gear steering. left flap, right flap
|Landing Gear||Electric retracts and trailing link suspension struts for grass operation|
6S 22.2V 4000-6000mAh LiPo with EC5 Connector
Nylon reinforced hinges
|Build Time||1 Hour|
Product Spare Parts
Product Questions & AnswersNOTE: Questions submitted on this page are answered by customers who have previously purchased this item. If you have a support related question that requires immediate assistance, please visit our Help Center.
- February 6, 2017 - The canopy in some of the photos was painted blue. The actual plastic canopy is lightly tinted smoke as you can see in the other photos, with a traditional two seat foam cockpit area. Pilots can tint or paint the canopy to any shade they prefer, and detail the cockpit to the extent they prefer, before gluing the canopy on.
If you need any additional assistance, please visit the Motion RC Help Center
I have been flying RC for 47 yeas and do not think I’ve ever purchased the same model 2x. It looks and flys that good.
Just got back from my first outing with my new yellow Avanti. Had two flights off grass, and it was as good as others have described. Easy to fly and land, I tried with and without flaps. Ground handling great. More fun tomorrow. The way it went together was impressive, especially the easy radio setup, hence "best engineered model ever." Movements of aileron and elevator were too great, even on low rate, even with expo, so I shall reduce.
Super model, fantastic quality. This is the second one I’ve purchased as I sold my first and regretted it
I received the package with no issues. As always the boxing of the aircraft is very secure. Although I have not been able to do my maiden (Vermont Winter has been a bit cruel) I was able to get the plane completed and taxi on the road. I almost took off but decided to drop throttle to avoid the ice crusted mud of an old Vermont dirt road. The Avanti was an easy build and the instructions were reasonably clear as to all the issues to get it built and set up. I especially like that the canopy is not glued down. I installed a pilot figure and did some accessorizing of the **** pit which made my day! As always Motion Rc Has some great products and their partners build design and package the planes very well!
Very impressed with this jet! Jet flies extremely smooth, plenty fast, and has more than enough “grunt”.
Freewing Avanti S 80mm EDF Ultimate Sport Jet - PNP, excellent kit and fly's like a dream!
This is quite a beauty. Fast, sleek and performs better than expected.
Locked in , flies like it’s on a monorail! Mind blowing!!! Great vertical , easy to fly , fast , ( could be 10-20MPH faster) but still plenty fast!!!! Buy spair nose gear when u buy.
This model is the best of jets. I don’t like use gyro and the flight is perfect!!!!
Motion RC has a new European website
Go there instead?