Freewing Avanti S 80mm EDF Ultimate Sport Jet - PNP
Freewing 80mm 12-Blade Metal EDF Avanti S Ultimate Sport Jet - (Plug-N-Play) - PNP - FJ21211P
Looking for the ultimate sport jet precision performance in a sleek and affordable package? The Freewing Avanti S is perfect for you! The world’s first officially licensed foam electric Avanti, courtesy of SebArt and its titular designer, Sebastian Silvestri, the Freewing 80mm Avanti S is poised to thrill EDF pilots the world over with its sport jet styling and powerhouse performance.
Sebart’s popular Avanti S design has distinguished itself for years in the turbine jet market. The Avanti S in a variety of sizes and powerplants has won awards in freestyle, acrobatic, sport, and other classes in competitions worldwide. Its remarkable performance and crisp handling at all speeds sets it apart as one of the most sought after sport jets in the hobby. We’re excited to bring this elite pedigree of design and performance to the foam electric class with the Freewing 80mm Avanti S.
The Freewing 80mm Avanti S recently won first place for "Best Flight" at AEF 2017, so bring an award winner into your hangar today!
Visit the Official Freewing Avanti S Discussion Thread on HobbySquawk.com for additional photos, videos, reviews, and customer Q&A.
- Officially licensed by SebArt International, the Avanti's original designer
- Powerful 12-blade EDF with all-new 3530-1850KV out-runner motor and 100A ESC
- 115mph airspeed on stock outrunner and 6s 4000mAh battery
- Optimized ducting that eliminates the need for a cheater hole
- Electric retracts and trailing link suspension struts for grass operation
- Removable wings with quick disconnect plug
- LED position lights on the wingtips, dorsal spine, and ventral keel
- 1236mm wingspan and 1300mm length
- Magnetic removable nose cone with plastic cap for durability
- Split flaps
- Two seat foam cockpit and light tinted plastic canopy for customization
- Spring-hinged double nose door
- Digital Metal Gear servos on all surfaces
- Freewing Avanti S 80mm EDF Ultimate Sport Jet - PNP
- 6 Channel Radio - Select a minimum 6 channel radio from our Radio Collection
- 6 Channel Receiver - Select a minimum 6 channel receiver from our Receiver Collection
- 6 Cell 22.2V 4000 mAh or 5000 mAh LiPo Battery with EC5 connector - We recommend the EPR40006PRO
- Minimum 6 Cell Battery Charger - Select a minimum 6 Cell battery charger from our Battery Collection
1236mm / 48.6in
1300mm / 51.2in
~2600g / 91.7oz
|CG (Center of Gravity)||105-110mm where wing's LE meets fuselage (see manual diagram)|
3530-1850KV Brushless Outrunner Motor
Electronic Speed Control
100A ESC with EC5 Connector
Propeller / EDF
80mm Metal EDF with 12 Blade Fan
9g metal gear standard with 200mm lead : nose gear steering. left flap, right flap
|Landing Gear||Electric retracts and trailing link suspension struts for grass operation|
6S 22.2V 4000mAh or 5000mAh LiPo with EC5 Connector
Nylon reinforced hinges
|Build Time||1 Hour|
Product Spare Parts
Product Questions & AnswersNOTE: Questions submitted on this page are answered by customers who have previously purchased this item. If you have a support related question that requires immediate assistance, please visit our Help Center.
- February 6, 2017 - The canopy in some of the photos was painted blue. The actual plastic canopy is lightly tinted smoke as you can see in the other photos, with a traditional two seat foam cockpit area. Pilots can tint or paint the canopy to any shade they prefer, and detail the cockpit to the extent they prefer, before gluing the canopy on.
If you need any additional assistance, please visit the Motion RC Help Center
That’s the second Avanti S I bought. This time it was for a friend. It’s a superb jet, well designed and within one hour ready to fly. The Avanti S flies out of the box with no major adjustments. I just put the CG about half a centimeter forward and added a little bit of nose down elevator to the flaps. But this is because I like it a little more dynamic. That’s why I also like to fly with heavier batteries. So far mine has about a hundred flight with no defects. It’s always nice and enjoyable to fly the Avanti!
I also have a Rebel, and a Stinger 90. The Avanti S is the best of the three. It's just a fun airplane to fly. My only complaint is the short flight time. Because it flies so well it makes 3 1/2 minutes seem like 30 seconds.
Team Yellow Angels
We love this great all-round sport jet so much to start a team of Yellow Angels!
I have owned this EDF since April 18. I fly the Avanti using a 50C 5000mah Lipo L 162 * W 46.5 * T 55 Weight 795g which is positioned in the centre of the battery bay area. Using this Lipo I can get 4.5minutes flying doing all the aerobatics in the book but still using sensible throttle control. Large loops and near endless vertical climbs are possible 4 or 6 pointed rolls are easy with little rudder use and long slow rolls are also easy to master. Power to weight ratio is impressive and with its large wheals the Avanti has good grass operational capabilities. The Avanti has now replaced my aging 5 year old 90mm Stinger which was a great flyer but not as good a flying envelope as the Avanti. The Avanti is very easy to fly and has a locked in feel in all speed ranges. Landings are easy with 15% throttle level wings and a 5deg negative decent, keep the decent angle on line with the use of the throttle and a gentle flare 2 feet from the ground bring here to a perfect landing every time. A truly stunning EDF and must have model in your hanger
Team Yellow Angels
We love this Jet so much to start a Team Yellow Angels!
Best flying jet ever. Would recommend it for a first jet - can be flown slow and stable.
Solid, amazing plane. Went together easily, plenty of power (91A, 2050w on 5300mah 6s 40c), sounds great. Access to all components to replace if needed, huge battery compartment, would be very easy to upgrade to more power, which it would handle very well. Using 3000mah-6000mah batteries, it flies well with anything.