Freewing Avanti S Red 80mm EDF Ultimate Sport Jet - PNP
Freewing 80mm 9-Blade EDF Avanti S Red Ultimate Sport Jet - (Plug-N-Play) - PNP - FJ21221P
Version Info: This is the all new racing red paint scheme version of our extremely popular Avanti S.
Looking for the ultimate sport jet precision performance in a sleek and affordable package? The Freewing Avanti S is perfect for you! The world’s first officially licensed foam electric Avanti, courtesy of SebArt and its titular designer, Sebastian Silvestri, the Freewing 80mm Avanti S is poised to thrill EDF pilots the world over with its sport jet styling and powerhouse performance.
Sebart’s popular Avanti S design has distinguished itself for years in the turbine jet market. The Avanti S in a variety of sizes and powerplants has won awards in freestyle, acrobatic, sport, and other classes in competitions worldwide. Its remarkable performance and crisp handling at all speeds sets it apart as one of the most sought after sport jets in the hobby. We’re excited to bring this elite pedigree of design and performance to the foam electric class with the Freewing 80mm Avanti S.
The Freewing 80mm Avanti S recently won first place for "Best Flight" at AEF 2017, so bring an award winner into your hangar today!
Visit the Official Freewing Avanti S Discussion Thread on HobbySquawk.com for additional photos, videos, reviews, and customer Q&A.
- NEW! Featuring an all new high visibility and bold racing red paint scheme
- Officially licensed by SebArt International, the Avanti's original designer
- Powerful 9-blade EDF with all-new 3530-1900kV out-runner motor and 100A ESC
- 115mph airspeed on stock outrunner and 6s 4000mAh battery
- Optimized ducting that eliminates the need for a cheater hole
- Electric retracts and trailing link suspension struts for grass operation
- Removable wings with quick disconnect plug
- LED position lights on the wingtips, dorsal spine, and ventral keel
- 1236mm wingspan and 1300mm length
- Magnetic removable nose cone with plastic cap for durability
- Split flaps
- Two seat foam cockpit and light tinted plastic canopy for customization
- Spring-hinged double nose door
- Digital Metal Gear servos on all surfaces
- Freewing Avanti S Red 80mm EDF Ultimate Sport Jet - PNP
- 6 Channel Radio - Select a minimum 6 channel radio from our Radio Collection
- 6 Channel Receiver - Select a minimum 6 channel receiver from our Receiver Collection
- 6 Cell 22.2V 4000 - 6000 mAh LiPo Battery with EC5 connector - we recommend Admiral 6 Cell 6000 mAh LiPo battery
- Minimum 6 Cell Battery Charger - Select a minimum 6 Cell battery charger from our Battery Collection
1236mm / 48.6in
1300mm / 51.2in
~2600g / 91.7oz
|CG (Center of Gravity)||105-110mm where wing's LE meets fuselage (see manual diagram)|
3530-1900kV Brushless Outrunner Motor
Electronic Speed Control
100A ESC with EC5 Connector
Propeller / EDF
80mm EDF with 9 Blade Fan
9g metal gear standard with 200mm lead : nose gear steering. left flap, right flap
|Landing Gear||Electric retracts and trailing link suspension struts for grass operation|
6S 22.2V 4000-6000mAh LiPo with EC5 Connector
Nylon reinforced hinges
|Build Time||1 Hour|
Product Spare Parts
Product Questions & AnswersNOTE: Questions submitted on this page are answered by customers who have previously purchased this item. If you have a support related question that requires immediate assistance, please visit our Help Center.
- February 6, 2017 - The canopy in some of the photos was painted blue. The actual plastic canopy is lightly tinted smoke as you can see in the other photos, with a traditional two seat foam cockpit area. Pilots can tint or paint the canopy to any shade they prefer, and detail the cockpit to the extent they prefer, before gluing the canopy on.
If you need any additional assistance, please visit the Motion RC Help Center
This is a great flying plane and very easy to build and fly.
The perfect airplane at the right time
I've flown prop planes, lots of different ones, for years now, and enjoy them. But, at a new flying club I joined, lots of members fly EDF's, and there are a couple EDF fly-ins coming up this summer, so I ventured into that side of flying with the Avanti. The review of it are impressive, and a club-mate raves about how much fun it is. I ordered it on a Wednesday, and it was on my doorstep two states away from Motion RC on Thursday. This plane goes together like a breeze, and all the parts fit together very nicely and easily. I use Spektrum 7350 gyro/telemetry/receivers, so I had to carve a spot out of the foam over the nosewheel to fit that receiver in there. But it wasn't a problem. The club-mate did show me his 3D printed U-shaped nosewheel strut reinforcement, and I liked that idea, so made one for my Avant from plywood, and glued it in. I have to say that this plane is a blast to fly, and will get your heart pumping. It's not a beginner plane, but for a first EDF, is relatively easy to get used to, after flying a lot of low and slow for this old geezer (addiction, Flex planes, etc.) Drop the gear and landing flaps, and cut the throttle, and the plane just glides on in for landings. Very aerobatic, too. Flies inverted just great, and has exhibited no scary tendencies no matter the position I put 'er in. All in all, this was a great investment for me, and is a fun way to get into a new sort of flying for me.
Really really good EDF!
There are no disappointments here. Everything is as good as or better than advertised. Delivery was quick packaging was good and assembly was very easy. The landing gear, servos, control panel all are a step up from previous free wing products that I’ve had. The new motor and nine blade fan perform awesomely. Take your time setting up the controls and balance point and this jet will perform perfectly right out of the box. I really like that the canopy is not installed on the cockpit so that you can customize it the way you like it.
This is an incredibly stable yet extremely maneuverable ADF. Predictable and responsive at all speeds. The fan is powerfull and punchy. The gear is perfect for grass fields. Takeoff roll is short; landings slow and short with full flaps. Start your landing practice with a bit of speed until you get the feel for the right attitude and power for the perfect main gear flare. Great first ADF for experienced pilots. Build is fast and easy with great instructions. CG and control surfaces set per the manual; flown on Admiral 5000mAh batteries with 4 min flights if flown conservatively. If you're looking for a sport jet, this one will definitely meet your expectations.
Freewing Avanti S 80mm
Plenty of power. Nice light kit for evening flying. Not thrilled with the flight profile. Take off and landings are like flying a B-52 (Flat...nose down in a climb). Would have liked the plane to fly lmore like the 70mm F-16...on rails on takeoffs, landings and in the straights but with the acro ability.. Sadley not.
Easy to fly and flys so nice, good first EDF, only negative is the paint work is not as good as some freewing models, I have the 1600 spit and paint is fantastic, however the Avanti has a lot of overspray and nothing is masked of, looks like they just use a overlay cardboard cutout and spray at that, you don't get a nice sharp line, apart from that very happy
Good lord Sweet Jet !!
I made in her today ....what a wonderful airoplane...gets one 2day ok....