Eagle A3 Pro 6 Axis Airplane Gyro w/ One-Click Auto-Recovery System
Hobby Eagle A3 Pro Standard Edition 6-Axis Airplane Gyro - HEA3PRO
The new A3 Pro is a high-performance and functional 6-axis gyro and stabilizer designed for R/C airplanes. This gyro can be used with nearly any size and type of R/C airplanes and its primary function is to make flying as easy and as comfortable as possible for the pilot by using stabilization technology that keeps your model flying as it works to counter the effects of variable wind/weather by making slight adjustments to the control surfaces.
Why use an airplane gyro? - Gyros (also called flight stabilizers) help keep your airplane stable during take-off, flight maneuvers, and landings which can be helpful during windy days or when learning how to fly RC planes. Gyros also help you master aerobatic maneuvers like knife edges and hovering as the system can "lock" in a planes position / trajectory. Once thought to be for beginners only, Gyros are now common in all classes of aircraft and are utilized by all levels of flyers. Gyros are great for learning, they let pilots practice advanced aerobatics, they give you piece of mind in less than ideal flight conditions.
Note: Not for use with gas/nitro aircraft.
- 32-bit MCU, High-Precision 6-axis MEMS sensor
- Improved hardware platform and new firmware
- 6 Pre-programmed flight modes:
- Gyro Off Mode - When this mode is selected, the gyro will be deactivated completely.
- Normal Mode (2D Mode) - This is the standard flight stabilization mode.
- Atti-Lock Mode (3D Mode) - The gyro will attempt to hold your last position by making constant corrections to rotational movements on each axis. An example would be holding a knife edge maneuver.
- Trainer Mode - In this mode you can only tilt the plane to a certain angle and rolls and loops are not allowed.
- Auto-Level Mode - The plane will be brought to normal, level flight automatically when releasing the sticks.
- Auto Hover Mode - Provides the same functionality as the Auto-Level mode, except when you release the sticks, the plane will be brought to the vertical position (nose up) and hold a hover.
- 3 Wing Types: (Standard, Delta, and V-Tail)
- Compatible with most standard, PPM single-line and Futaba's S.Bus and S.Bus 2 receivers
- Separate gain adjustment for aileron, elevator and rudder
- Remote master gain support
- Sub trim and travel limit support
- Eagle A3 Pro 6-Axis airplane gyro
- 16V EZ-Plug capacitor to help maintain a secure voltage level during flight
- Two pieces of 3M Foam mounting tape
- Five 150mm (6") male-to-male servo wires to connect the A3 Pro to your receiver
- Main Controller: 32-bit MCU
- Sensor: High-precision 3-axis gyroscope and 3-axis accelerometer
- Gyroscope Scale Range: ±2000 dps
- Accelerometer Scale Range: ±4g
- PWM Output: 920uS ~ 2120uS with 1520uS center length / 50 ~ 333Hz
- Input Voltage: 4.8V ~ 8.4V
- Operating Temperature: -10 ℃ ~ 50 ℃
- Size: 43×27×14mm
- Weight: 10g (excluding wires)
Which Eagle Gyro is right for me?
|Sensor||2D Mode||3D Mode||Auto-Recovery||Auto-Hover||Remote Gain||S.Bus||HV||Upgradable||Price|
|A3 Super 3||6-Axis||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔||$$$|
IMPORTANT - Please Read This Carefully
- Proper setup of the Hobby Eagle Gyro is crucial. Read the gyro instruction manual completely before attempting to fly your aircraft. Failure to follow setup instructions can result in loss of control and inevitable damage to your aircraft.
- Ensure the gyro is installed in the proper orientation (see manual) and is mounted to a hard surface near the aircraft's CG point.
- When you first plug in your aircraft battery DO NOT move your aircraft for at least 10 seconds to allow the gyro to perform self-calibration.
- It is crucial to verify that the gyro is moving the control surfaces in the correct direction BEFORE attempting to fly your aircraft. Failure to do so could result in loss of control during flight.
- Setup one of your gyro control switches (3 position switch on your radio) to activate Gyro Disable. This safety feature will allow you turn off the gyro if you encounter any issues during flight.
- ANY warranty claim for Hobby Eagle gyros applies to the gyro only, not the aircraft in which the gyro was installed.
To access the Function Menu, press the button down and don't release it until LED lights solid White.
The Setup Menu contains 7 setting functions which cover all parameters of the gyro you may need to setup. To access the Setup Menu, press the button down and don't release it until LED starts flashing White quickly.
The Receiver Menu allows you to change the receiver type and program the channel mappings for all input channels. To access the Receiver Menu, press and hold the button while turn on the receiver power supply, release it when LED lights solid Violet.
Product Spare Parts
Product Questions & AnswersNOTE: Questions submitted on this page are answered by customers who have previously purchased this item. If you have a support related question that requires immediate assistance, please visit our Help Center.
This is not for the beginner. You must have a good understanding of RC Planes and their operation. The instructions are a little vague but there are great videos on line to help out. Functions very nicely and really helps when the wind suddenly picks up. I would recommend this to any RC Plane enthusiast.
Find it works very well
Steady as a rock
This is my 4th A3 gyro, first Pro version that I bought for my AVANTI V2 red version still in the box. I find these to be extremely easy to set-up and for all I have the remote gain control set-up on a T14SG transmitter dial and it works like a charm. 3 are on conventional planes and one is on a Delta wing, the Delta wing gyro for whatever reason had to be installed 90^ from forward facing to work. I tried everything so that the servo plug bank faced forward but gyro corrections were all wrong. Works great the way it is, all so far are on hand launch planes and it makes this launch method so easy and safe.
Was easier to install and set up then some people said.Nice compact size. Nice features. Simple.
eagle A3 Pro 6 Axis gyro
This Item was out of the box easy to set up with simple to follow instructions, and youtube setup videos if needed. Easy to adjust trims and works like a dream and the bonus, It makes me look like i know what i am doing.
I’ve been using this gyro on a STOL aircraft. It works perfectly, and has many modes available. It’s a bit involved to set up, and certainly requires thorough reading of the manual. After a few times working thru the menus it becomes a bit easier to use. The interface could stand to be more intuitive, and should include hardware to link to an app or computer. Other than that it performs amazingly well, and is a great value.
a little confusing till u
a little confusing till u learn the light system. Read the instructions , a must, and the added notes. Really like the shipping speed and low price..
Motion RC has a new European website
Go there instead?