Freewing AT-6 Texan Yellow 1450mm (57") Wingspan - PNP
This product is discontinued
Freewing 1450mm (57") Wingspan AT-6 Texan in USAF Yellow Color Scheme - Receiver Ready - FW30311P
The Freewing AT-6 Texan is is proving to be an excellent all around plane. This is one of the highest quality foam planes we have seen. The quality of this plane is a step above most other manufacturers RC planes. The Freewing AT-6 Texan features shock absorbing landing gear and nylon hinges on all the control surfaces as opposed to the simple foam hinges on the majority of foam RC planes. Optional flaps are molded into the wings along with a pocket for the flap servos. Better yet, the hardware for the optional flaps is included. You only need two 9 gram servos to make the flaps fully operational in about 10 minutes. Robust, metal shock absorbing retractable landing gear is standard on this plane.
Tech Note: If you are using a 3600mAh to 4000mAh LiPo battery, you will need to add approx 3 to 5 ounces of weight in the nose of this aircraft to achieve proper Center of Gravity. If you fly with a smaller battery, you will need to add approx 6 to 9 ounces of weight. The exact weight will depend on your flying preference (tail heavy vs. nose heavy). There is plenty of room in the cowl area to accept weights. We recommend using Great Planes segmented lead weights.
Visit the Official Freewing AT-6 Texan Discussion Thread on HobbySquawk.com for additional photos, videos, reviews, and customer Q&A.
- Super scale details include molded rivets and panel lines, hand-painted pilot figures, US Navy graphics, and radial engine cover.
- Durable EPO foam construction for quick building and easy repair.
- Nylon hinges on all control surfaces (superior to foam hinges).
- Shock absorbing metal landing gear with electronic retract controller.
- Powerful brushless motor, electronic speed control (ESC), and servos come pre-installed for your convenience.
- Flaps ready design - all linkages are included, requires two 9g servos (sold separately)
- Minimum 6 Channel Radio - Click Here for recommendations
- 6 Channel Receiver - Click Here for recommendations
- 4 Cell 14.8V 2200mAh to 4000mAh Li-Po Battery - We recommend the Admiral 4000mAh LiPo Battery EPR40004
- Lipo Battery Charger - Click Here for recommendations
40A, Internal BEC, T connector