Freewing de Havilland DH-112 Venom V2 Swiss Red 90mm EDF Jet - PNP
Freewing 90mm EDF de Havilland DH 112 Venom Jet Version 2 Swiss Red Scheme - Receiver Ready (PNP) - RJ30231P
This is the new version 2 (V2) of Freewing's Venom EDF Jet with Swiss red livery. This upgraded version has significant upgrades to both the power system and the airframe. The Venom V2 now includes a 12 blade fan, 130A Hobbywing ESC, and powerful 3748-1650kv brushless motor. Structural upgrades include an increased number of carbon wing spars for rigidity, strengthening of the overall tail section, and a complete redesign of the horizontal and vertical stabilizer sections for improve performance and scale appearance.
- New - 90mm 12 blade ducted fan with metal housing and powerful 3748-1650kV brushless motor provides awesome power and incredible real life jet turbine sound.
- New - Premium quality 130 Amp Hobbywing ESC with 8A UBEC.
- New - stronger tail section, with revised rudder and elevator.
- New - Increased carbon spar count and EPO foam construction provide the perfect balance between strength and flexibility.
- Incredible scale details including hand painted pilots, scale canopy, shock absorbing landing gear, sequenced landing doors, and stunning Swiss Air Force graphics package.
- Large, nearly 5 foot, wingspan provides incredible scale detail and easy to see even at high speeds.
- Bright LED navigation lights for enhanced realism and dawn/dusk maneuvers.
- Electronic retractable landing gear with aluminum shock absorbing struts and sequenced gear doors.
- Full function flaps allow shorter take-off distances and slow, scale landings.
- Nylon hinges on all control surfaces (superior to foam hinges).
- Motor, servos, ESC and EDF come pre-installed for your convenience.
- 6 Channel Radio - Select a minimum 6 channel radio from our Radio Collection
- 6 Channel Receiver - Select a minimum 6 channel receiver from our Receiver Collection
- 6 Cell 22.2V 4000mAh LiPo Battery with EC5 connector - EPR40006PRO
- 6 Cell Compatible Battery Charger - Select a minimum 6 cell (6S) charger from our Charger Collection
1500mm / 59in
1100mm / 43.3in
2500g / 88.2oz
|CG (Center of Gravity)||See Manual|
3748-1650kv Brushless Motor
Electronic Speed Control
130A, 8A UBEC with EC5 connector
Propeller / EDF
90mm 12-Blade EDF
9 x 9g high speed servos
|Landing Gear||Nose and main gear have electronic retracts with shock-absorbing aluminum struts|
6S 22.2V 3600-4000mAh 40C LiPo with EC5 connector
|Build Time||2 Hours|
Product Spare Parts
Product Questions & AnswersNOTE: Questions submitted on this page are answered by customers who have previously purchased this item. If you have a support related question that requires immediate assistance, please visit our Help Center.
- November 12, 2018 - Recommended throws for this model are as follows:
Aileron: Low-15mm Mid-20mm High-25mm
Elevator: Low-12mm Mid-16mm High-20mm
Rudder: Low-12mm Mid-16mm High-20mm
Flaps: 25mm and 40mm
You may need some Down Elevator to Flap mix so start at 8% for both settings as it helps to keep the nose from rising. Use Expo all around but use what is comfortable to you. Many start at 25% and make your test flights from there.
- November 18, 2016 - All Ready2Fly products have been integrated into the Freewing Model International brand. The package and manual of this product “may” still reflect the Ready2Fly brand, however, please rest assured you have purchased the proper Freewing product. Also, the model with the red Swiss airshow livery does NOT include a weapons set. The red Swiss airshow livery did not utilize weapons.
If you need any additional assistance, please visit the Motion RC Help Center
I love this jet!
This is my third EDF, after an Eflite 70mm Viper and 80mm Havoc. This Venom is stable like the Viper but much easier to see due to its size and color, and has a much more realistic "jet" sound due to the larger fan. The Havoc was just a disaster, enough said about that! The quality of the Venom kit is great, but there is a bit of glueing so assembly time is a little longer than my Viper and Havoc which just bolt together in a matter of minutes. Overall I'm very happy with the Venom and would get another if something happened to this one!
Freewing Venom Swiss Red
This is a fantastic model, if you are thinking of buying one, then do it you will love this plane. it has everything Power, speed, and yet it also has docile handling and is just a dream to fly and land. This jet is ideal if it is your 1st venture into larger edf jets. Oh i nearly forgot about the sound from the 12 blade fan, 1 word Awesome..
Some gluing required. Be sure to test ALL connections BEFORE gluing. Easy assembly. Large and beautiful. Flies very stable and fast. On the first take-off, the plane went about 30 feet down the runway and lifted on to the front wheel before I gave it up elevator. Very impressive. Using flaps, landing is quite slow and short. Too fast landing and pane will definitely bounce. The EDF sound is loud and very realistic. I used (2) 1800mah 50C (6s) batteries in parallel for the first three flights. Balanced OK, but the batteries became too HOT. Next flight will be with a SINGLE battery. Bombs only come with the silver version, but can be purchased separately.
Great so far
Easy to see, good performance. 3 minute flight. Some concern about wing flex during more robust maneuvers. No problems with front retract doors. snap right back in place.
Very good for what the plane is
A Great Addition to Any Fleet
This jet is, as I said, a great addition to any fleet. Not only does it look great in the air, but it sounds more like a turbine than any other edf jet I've witnessed at a flying field. It looks unique and the Swiss paint scheme helps with orientation; especially on cloudy days. The jet has plenty of power to go around and a decent flight time of 3.5 to 4 minutes on a 6s 5000mAh battery depending on throttle use. Landing is a breeze if you use about 25% throttle and flaps, just make sure to try not to bounce it if you're landing on a mat or asphalt runway. I've only crashed this jet once and it was because of a wing stall when turning for a landing approach. All I can say is make sure you have enough speed on turns and this aircraft should be a total joy to fly. With great handling, looks, and build quality, this is a jet you should highly consider purchasing. I dare say I like it almost as much as my Avanti ;)
Beste edf ooit!!!!
Stop met zoeken. Dit is de beste edf jet ooit!!! Ik heb hem ondertussen bijna 3jaar en al meer de 250 vluchten en nog steeds is er niets aan. Het geluid van de 90mm fan komt het best tot zijn recht in deze jet. Ik heb ondertussen verschillende edf jets van freewing maar niks kan tippen aan de venom. Twijfel niet aan dit toestel, fun verzekerd.