Freewing F-35 Lightning II V2 70mm EDF Thrust Vectoring Jet - PNP
70mm Freewing F-35 Lightning II EDF V2 with Electronic Retracts and Vectored Thrust - Receiver Ready (PNP) - FJ20111P
This is the new version 2 of the top selling Freewing F-35 Lightning II Joint Strike Fighter. The primary change in this new version 2 is the landing gear. The servo actuated landing gear found in version 1 has been replaced with full electronic retracts with metal trunnions. Now you can enjoy this ultra-maneuverable, vectored thrust jet even more knowing that the upgraded landing gear is more durable and more reliable.
Visit the Official Freewing F-35 Discussion Thread on HobbySquawk.com for additional photos, videos, reviews, and customer Q&A.
- Model officially licensed by Lockheed Martin
- 12-blade fan and 60 Amp ESC
- Retractable main landing gear with full electronic retract and black anodized metal trunnion (replaces older servo actuated retract design)
- 360 degree vectored thrust for incredible maneuvers like flat spins, flip turns, and high alpha flight
- Super scale features including Joint Strike Fighter graphics, hand painted pilot figure, detailed cockpit, and independently controlled elevators
- Shock-absorbing, steerable nose gear will protect the plane on hard landings and make it easier to maneuver during taxi and takeoff
- 3000kV motor combined with 60A ESC with XT60 Connector and 4S LiPo battery give the F-35 the speed and performance demanding RC jet pilots expect
- Strong, nylon hinges installed on all control surfaces (superior to foam hinges)
- All major components including 70mm ducted fan, brushless motor, electronic speed control, and servos come pre-installed for your convenience
- 6 Channel Radio - Select a minimum 6 channel radio from our Radio Collection
- 6 Channel Receiver - Select a minimum 6 channel receiver from our Receiver Collection
- 4 Cell 14.8V 2200 mAh LiPo Battery with XT60 Connector - EPR22004PROX6
- 4 Cell Compatible Battery Charger - Select a minimum 4 cell (4S) charger from our Charger Collection
800mm / 31.5in
1150mm / 45.3in
100g / 38.8oz
|CG (Center of Gravity)||check manual|
2849-2850kV Brushless Outrunner Motor
Electronic Speed Control
60A, XT60 Connector
Propeller / EDF
70mm 12-Blade EDF with Vectored Thrust
9g standard gear with 100mm lead : nose gear steering, left aileron, right aileron, left elevator
|Landing Gear||Full electronic retractable nose and main landing gear with metal trunnions|
4S 14.8V 2200mAh 30C LiPo
|Build Time||1 Hour|
Product Spare Parts
Product Questions & AnswersNOTE: Questions submitted on this page are answered by customers who have previously purchased this item. If you have a support related question that requires immediate assistance, please visit our Help Center.
- May 6, 2013 - The wiring procedure to achieve in-flight on/off selection of the thrust vectoring flight modes is an advanced feature, and accordingly this aircraft is recommended for advanced pilots only. A general wiring diagram is discussed in the manual, but pilots should expect some time to test various wiring arrangements themselves to optimize the thrust vectoring controls to their individual preference.
If you need any additional assistance, please visit the Motion RC Help Center
- landing gear
Was the best choice ever!!!
Great little Jet
Really happy with the F35... Its light and flies very well... stable and smooth with good power to weight. I fly from a small all-weather sports field (ie loose grit) in an urban environment, so most jets are not appropriate as they are too big and too fast and require lots of space... But the F35 ticks all the boxes... Its small and light so landing in the smaller space is pretty easy (don't require long low approaches and long landing runs). Its powerful enough (unlike most smaller 64mm fans) to take off quickly and decisively, and it has excellent flight characteristics. My only complaint is that it is made from EPS foam which means it damages quite easily if you treat it rough... I modified mine to have battery load/access from the top rather than the bottom which was easy enough to do. Note also that you have to be very careful about aligning the exhaust nozzle... If it is not spot on the model can be difficult to get off the ground smoothly (tends to "leap" suddenly into the air) and behaves variably/badly with different throttle settings. But when its set up as specified it is a little gem :) cheers Grant
She’s always fun settling in for smooth landing just remember to start slowing down ahead of time she will land easily good first jet but beware she is fast don’t be afraid of vector it’s your rudder just turn off the up down vector on landing left right can stay on for your rudder keep her high and in close till you get hang of it
I do not have this plane anymore. I got a 15 second flight on it and rolled over and dove into the ground. I'm not sure what happened, but most likely stalled the wing and snap rolled. Other than that it was a good looking airplane. The 4 cell battery was a very tight fit and it was difficult to fit in the receiver.
The F 35 is a good flyer. It is hard for me to see so I painted red on the elevators, the wing edges, and a little on the front of the fuselage. I haven´t tried the vectoring thrust yet as I want to become more familiar with the flight characteristics. The Elevator is very sensitive so I am using 35% with 60% expo. That seems just right to me.
Freewing F-35 Lighting with TV
Wanted to try F-35 with TV - know its 4s but still want to see how it will preform after a couple mods I've read about. Have many things from Motion Hobby and have been pleased with, waiting for Maiden due to cold weather here in Mi.( Rich )
Freewing F-35 V2
Outstanding flying and easy to land Battery compartment very small, allows a 4s 2200 only! Approximately 3.5 minutes flying time Excellent guiding ratio Cheap foam, do not use contact cement or masking tape