Freewing F/A-18E Hornet V2 90mm EDF Thrust Vectoring Jet - PNP
This product is discontinued
Spare parts available below
Freewing F/A-18E Hornet Version 2 with 12 Blade 90mm Metal EDF and 360 Degree Thrust Vectoring - PNP - FJ30211P
The F/A-18 Hornet is one of the most iconic fighter/attack airplanes in the US Navy's air combat arsenal, and this new Version 2 model is every bit as impressive as the full size airplane. When Freewing set out to develop the Version 2, their goal was to improve upon the best-selling F-18 V1 by making it easier to build, stronger, and even more scale. They achieved these goals by providing a "bolt together" airframe, adding carbon reinforcement to the main wings and stabilizers, and by adding a new 12 blade EDF with metal housing powered by a massive 3748-1450KV Outrunner Motor.
The new power system produces enough thrust for extreme speeds and intense aerobatics, and the sound produced from the 12 blade EDF will simply blow you away. While 5 and 6 blade EDF produce a high pitched whining sound, the 12 blade EDF with metal housing produces the "whoosh" and air crushing sound similar to a gas turbine jet. To enhance the durability and reliability of the electronics systems, Freewing has also added metal gear servos on all control surfaces and a high capacity 130A Hobbywing ESC.
The bolt together airframe means no more gluing the main wings to the fuselage, which makes wing attachment a breeze. The nose and main landing gear are all metal and include shock absorbing struts to protect the gear during hard landings. Other upgrades include super bright LED navigation lights, sequenced landing gear doors, magnetically attached weapons set, fully functioning flaps, and a detailed cockpit. For the very best in RC electric jets, look no further than Freewing Models, and for the best 90mm EDF F-18, look no further than the Freewing F/A-18E Hornet Version 2.
Visit the Official Freewing F/A-18E Hornet V2 Discussion Thread on HobbySquawk.com for additional photos, videos, reviews, and customer Q&A.
- Large scale electronic ducted fan RC jet (measuring over 55" in length) with numerous scale features including hand painted pilot, detailed cockpit, molded panel lines, scale air intakes, drop tanks, missiles, and VFA-31 graphics.
- Dual 360 degree vectored thrust allows advanced maneuvers like hovering, flip turns, and flat spins
- 12 Blade factory balanced EDF with metal housing combined with 3748-1450KV brushless outrunner motor produces realistic jet turbine sound
- Composite fan blades combined with metal EDF housing make the F-18 V2 AMA compliant (the fan blades themselves are NOT metal, so there are no flying restrictions)
- High capacity 130 Amp Hobbywing ESC with 8A UBEC
- Full functioning flaps allow decreased take-off distances and help slow the plane during landings
- New mechanical wing attachments provide a stronger airframe and aid in transportation of the F-18 V2
- Flight surfaces and vectored thrust nozzles are all controlled with 9g metal gear servos for precise movement, strength and long life
- Bright LED navigation lights for enhanced realism and dawn/dusk maneuvers
- Electronic retractable landing gear with all metal shock-absorbing struts and metal trunnions
- Scale, sequenced gear doors provide added realism and improved aerodynamics
- Drop tanks and missiles attach to the wings with rare earth magnets making them easy to remove before high speed flight
- Upgraded pushrod clevis and metal ball head connectors on elevators provide a robust connection between servo and control surface and eliminate "play"
- Nylon hinges on all control surfaces (superior to foam hinges)
- Brushless outrunner motor, servos, ESC and 12 blade EDF come pre-installed for your convenience
- 7 Channel Radio - Select a minimum 7 channel radio from our Radio Collection
- 7 Channel Receiver - Select a minimum 7 channel receiver from our Receiver Collection
- 6 Cell 22.2V 5000 mAh Lipo Battery with EC5 Connector - EPR50006
- 6 Cell Compatible Battery Charger - Select a minimum 6 cell (6S) charger from our Charger Collection
960mm / 37.8in
1400mm / 55in
3050g / 107.6oz
|CG (Center of Gravity)||check manual|
3748-1450kV Brushless Outrunner Motor
Electronic Speed Control
130A ESC, 8A UBEC, EC5 Connector
Propeller / EDF
90mm Metal Housing EDF with 12 Blade Fan
9g metal gear reverse with 550mm lead : nose gear door
|Landing Gear||Full metal retractable main and steerable nose gear with shock absorbing struts|
6S 22.2V 5000mAh 35C LiPo
|Build Time||3 Hours|
Product Questions & AnswersNOTE: Questions submitted on this page are answered by customers who have previously purchased this item. If you have a support related question that requires immediate assistance, please visit our Help Center.
- November 18, 2013 - The wiring procedure to achieve in-flight on/off selection of the thrust vectoring flight modes is an advanced feature, and accordingly this aircraft is recommended for advanced pilots only. A general wiring diagram is discussed in the manual, but pilots should expect some time to test various wiring arrangements themselves to optimize the thrust vectoring controls to their individual preference.
If you need any additional assistance, please visit the Motion RC Help Center