Freewing Mirage 2000C-5 80mm EDF Jet - PNP
This product is discontinued
Spare parts available below
Freewing Mirage 2000C-5 80mm EDF Jet - PNP - FJ20611P
The Dassault Mirage 2000 is a French multirole, single-engine fourth-generation jet fighter manufactured by Dassault Aviation. It was designed in the late 1970s as a lightweight fighter based on the Mirage III for the French Air Force (Arme de l'Air). The Mirage 2000 evolved into a multirole aircraft with several variants developed, with sales to a number of nations. The variants include the Mirage 2000N and 2000D strike variants, the improved Mirage 2000-5 and several export variants. Over 600 aircraft were built and it has been in service with nine nations.
We are proud to offer the Mirage 2000 as our latest model in the 12 blade 80mm EDF offering. As you've come to expect from Freewing Model, the Mirage 2000 is loaded with scale features and performance componentry. The new 80mm 12-blade EDF with metal housing powered by a powerful 1750kV motor produces nearly 6 pounds of thrust for awesome speed and incredible maneuverability. The sound produced from the 12 blade EDF will simply blow you away. While 5 and 6 blade EDF produce a high pitched whining sound, the 12 blade EDF with metal housing produces the "whoosh" and air crushing sound similar to a gas turbine jet.
Additional upgraded features include a 80A Hobbywing ESC, 9g precision servos, and electronic retracts with full metal shock absorbing struts. Own the latest, highly detailed, best built RC foam jet on the market from Freewing - the Mirage 2000.
- 12 Blade factory balanced EDF with metal housing combined with 3530-1750KV brushless outrunner motor produces realistic jet turbine sound and an incredible 6 lbs of thrust
- Composite fan blades combined with metal EDF housing make the Mirage 2000 AMA compliant (the fan blades themselves are NOT metal, so there are no flying restrictions)
- Super scale details include hand painted, scale-sized pilots, full instrument panel, refueling probe, scale drop tanks, airfoil panel lines, and complete French Air Force graphics package
- 80 Amp Hobbywing ESC with 5A BEC
- Electronic retractable landing gear with all metal shock-absorbing struts
- Steerable, shock absorbing nose gear for enhanced ground maneuverability
- Spring operated nose gear door
- Carbon spars and EPO foam construction provide the perfect balance between strength and flexibility
- Nylon hinges on all control surfaces (superior to foam hinges)
- Outrunner motor, servos, ESC and EDF come pre-installed for your convenience
- Removable magnetic nose cone, and removable wings and vertical stabilizer for convenient transport
- Freewing 80mm 12-Blade Metal EDF Mirage 2000C-5 - PNP
- 6 Channel Radio - Select a minimum 6 channel radio from our Radio Collection
- 6 Channel Receiver - Select a minimum 6 channel receiver from our Receiver Collection
- 6 Cell 22.2V 4000 mAh LiPo Battery with EC5 connector - EPR40006PRO
- 6 Cell Compatible Battery Charger - Select a minimum 6 cell (6S) charger from our Charger Collection
790mm / 31.10in
1250mm / 49.21in
2200g / 78oz
|CG (Center of Gravity)||check manual|
3530-1750kV Brushless Outrunner Motor
Electronic Speed Control
80A ESC, 5A BEC, EC5 Connector
Propeller / EDF
80mm Metal EDF with 12 Blade Fan
9g metal gear reverse with 300mm lead : nose gear steering
|Landing Gear||Electronic retractable main gear and steerable nose gear with all metal shock absorbing struts|
6S 22.2V 4000mAh 60C LiPo
|Skill Level||Intermediate / Advanced|
|Build Time||2 Hours|
Product Spare Parts
Product Questions & AnswersNOTE: Questions submitted on this page are answered by customers who have previously purchased this item. If you have a support related question that requires immediate assistance, please visit our Help Center.
- August 9, 2018 - For modelers with access to a 3D Printer or who want to use a third party 3D printing service, we are offering for a limited time the original .STL files for free download. Modelers are responsible for preparing the file for their own printer’s specifications. These downloadable files are ideal for modelers who enjoy tinkering with printer settings and materials. Please note, we only provide the .STL files themselves; we cannot provide tech support for your specific printer. By downloading the .STL files, you agree to not monetize the file in any way without Motion RC’s express written consent. If you have your own 3D printer, or have access to one, you can download the STL files directly at these links:
- Cockpit Tub
- Ejection Seat
- Engine Nozzle
If you need any additional assistance, please visit the Motion RC Help Center
I`ve just finished assembly which was quick. I inforced the nose section on left and right hand by carbon profile 1x6x320mm to improve stability. Maiden flight postboned due to bad weather.
I bought my first one when these were first released. While it flew well I wanted more speed and put a 8S Jetfan setup in it. It then had great speed and bullet rolls but was heavy. There was a returned one in the scratch and dent and I picked that one up to have a spare, #2. I liked flying the stock #2 one so much I pulled the JF set up out of #1 and put the higher power A-4/ Avanti set up in. This has been the best all around set up. Extremely fast and reasonable weight. With the November sale I picked up #3 and have swapped in the power system from #1. It's ready to rock. The new one does have a different fan than the older versions or what is shown in the spare parts tab. It has the one piece molded 12b fan now not the multipiece metal hub fan.
Anyone know where I can find the afterburner led lights for this bird? Or which ones fits?
A very good replica of the original Mirage 2000 and flies very well. The model convinces all along the line. The assembly was easy. The front retractable landing gear has been extended by 10mm, so that the wing angle is slightly larger. So the Mirage 2000 takes off earlier and is not pressed so hard on landing. I upgraded the cockpit scale and made scale rims. The Mirage 2000 looks fantastic! With the upgrade of the 3d gyro the model flies like a big model! I fly the model in the Swiss Alps which looks really good!
After reinforse the front and problems with the front retract, its a magnific plane in every sense.
Is very tuchey on control's
The whole front of the jet needs to be reworked. Fuseladge sides were very weak and the front landing gear didn't stay glued in. I have since redoubled the sides with plywood inside the battery compartment and this has made all the difference from a flier and from a trash bin queen. Not happy with my second freewing purchase.
The mirage came packaged and out of the box was really nice model. The issues started the first flight. Roll rate was too high and on take off spun out and crashed. The whole nose came off. That was the beginning. Reglued it and went back up. The weak part of the plane is the nose. I spared it from the nose all the way into the main body and used thin ply to reinforce the nose. Have had no issues since then. The second is the nose mount for the front retract. It is only held on two sides and breaks easy. I got the plastic kit to replace and that part was not in it. So I have glued that thing back in every time I fly it. Grass and even landing in high alpha pop it out every time. Also if you use a 5000 pack to get the C.G. right you will have to hollow out the main Cavity a little bit and works great. Besides the issues I’ve stated the thing flys really well and is fast. The color is kinda hard to see an will disappear on yeah if you take your eyes off it. I repainted mine to a red and white.
Motion RC has a new European website
Go there instead?