FlightLine Spitfire Mk.IX 1200mm (47") Wingspan - PNP
FlightLine Spitfire Mk.IX 1200mm (47") Wingspan - PNP - FLW203P
The Supermarine Spitfire is arguably the most iconic British fighter of World War II. Renowned both for its beauty and its warfighting utility, over 20,000 Spitfires were produced over a period of 10 years in more than 20 variants. The Spitfire’s versatility was unmatched, as it served in many roles in all major theatres. From a front line fighter to high altitude inceptor, including roles as a reconnaissance platform and fighter bomber, the Spitfire was the backbone of the Royal Air Force after the Battle of Britain. Powered by Rolls-Royce Merlin and later Griffon engines, the Spitfire maintained an edge throughout the war as a superior warplane.
To honor this aircraft and the heroic crews who served with it, FlightLine presents its Supermarine Spitfire in the popular Mk.IX variant. Constructed using EPO foam and painted with matte finish scale colors, this 1200mm wingspan model uses carbon tubes and plastic parts to reinforce the removable wings and control surfaces for durable handling. The wing and elevator can be easily removed in seconds for convenient transport. FlightLine captures the beautiful classic lines of the Spitfire Mk.IX with an accurate cowl shape, exhaust stacks, and accurate canopy outline complete with a scale rear view mirror. Split flaps, radiators, two optional air filters, and two optional decal sets are included in the box to provide pilots with multiple customizing options. Choose from either Commander Pierre Clostermann’s LO-D or Wing Commander James “Johnnie” Johnson’s JE-J.
FlightLine’s Spitfire Mk.IX features a scale four bladed propeller and 580kv motor to achieve satisfying scale performance at 135kph/83mph top speeds. An optional two bladed power system (sold separately) can be purchased to reach 150kph/93mph level speeds on the same 4s 14.8v battery.
The Spitfire also features oversized retracts with metal trunions and metal reinforcing plates. Slightly oversized tires help to minimize nose overs. With the recommended Admiral 4s 2500 mAh battery we obtain 5-6 minutes of mixed throttle scale flight. The model can also accommodate an Admiral 4s 3000mAh or even Admiral 4s 4000mAh battery for longer flight times, but the 2500mAh and 3000mAh are the best balance between speed, vertical power, flight duration, and wing loading.
Visit the Official FlightLine 1200mm Spitfire Discussion Thread on HobbySquawk.com for additional photos, videos, reviews, and customer Q&A.
- Removable main wing/elevator for easy transport
- Split flaps for easier takeoffs and landings
- High power motor for stock speeds up to 135kph/83mph
- Intuitive internal structural design for optimized cooling of all electronics in the fuselage from the nose to the tail
- Large cabin space for easy placement of the battery and radio equipment
- Built-in flat spot near the CG for optimal placement of a gyro (optional, sold separately)
- Improved spinner and propeller mounting design to enable better balance
- Optional upgrade complete nylon hinge set included in each box for free
- Tall foam rubber 65mm diameter main wheels and additional forward rake angle for operating on short grass runways
- Electric retractable landing gear with metal trunions, metal reinforcement plate and 4mm steel wire struts
- Optional two bladed propeller Sport Power System (sold separately) to achieve speeds up to 150kph/93mph
- There is an optional two bladed propeller Sport Power System (sold separately) to achieve speeds up to 150kph/93mph. This Sport Power System includes: 3648-880kV motor, 12x8 2 blade propeller, and 2 bladed spinner. This Sport Power System is suitable for all 1100-1200mm wingspan warbirds from the FlightLine brand. Click the upgrades tab above for more info.
- FlightLine Spitfire Mk.IX 1200mm (47") Wingspan - (PNP)
- Motor, ESC, servos and retracts pre-assembled
- 6 Channel Radio - Select a minimum 6 channel radio from our Radio Collection
- 6 Channel Receiver - Select a minimum 6 channel receiver from our Receiver Collection
- 4 Cell 14.8V 2500mAh to 4000mAh LiPo battery with XT60 Connector – We recommend the Admiral 4 Cell 14.8V 2500mAh Pro LiPo battery
- 4 Cell Compatible Battery Charger - Select a minimum 4 cell (4S) charger from our Charger Collection
1200mm / 47in
1085mm / 42.7in
1550g / 54oz
|CG (Center of Gravity)||73mm from the leading edge of the wing at the root|
3748-580Kv Brushless Outrunner Motor (Stock scale power system)
Electronic Speed Control
60A Brushless with XT60 connector
Propeller / EDF
12x7 4 Blade Propeller / 12x8 2 Blade Propeller High Performance Version (optional)
9g standard with 550mm lead: left aileron, right aileron
|Landing Gear||Electric retracts with metal trunions|
4S 14.8V 2500mAh to 4000mAh Li-Po with XT60 connector
6+ Channel 2.4GHz
Foam hinges except nylon hinges on flaps
|Build Time||2 Hours|
|Recommended Environment||Outdoor, minimum 200 foot runway, pavement recommended, less than 1" tall smooth grass|
Product Spare Parts
Product Questions & AnswersNOTE: Questions submitted on this page are answered by customers who have previously purchased this item. If you have a support related question that requires immediate assistance, please visit our Help Center.
Recently Viewed Products
Very prompt delivery. Very nice looking model, with nice detailing.
This is indeed a very nice looking model. However I must have got a bit of a duff one. The left wing is twisted above the flap, preventing the flap from closing fully. Also for a strange reason, even though connected with Y leads, and connected to the same holes, the flaps and ailerons do not move the same amount on the left wing. Trying to contact Motion RC to help me with this is not as easy as it should be.
This is an update to the previous review, This plane is very beautiful, and well made, but in my opinion that is where it ends, If you don't mind just flying in a pattern, and not doing any acrobatics you will be fine. But if you do any acrobatics be prepared for a hard to control plane that seems too have a mind of its own, Today while trying to counter one of these quirks she got too slow and done the death spiral into the ground, I really want to try to learn to fly this plane, however if it isn't enjoyable to fly is it worth spending the money to fix it, or just stick with my P-51, and P-47. Don't know maybe my skill level just isn't up to par for this one. I just don't think you should have to fight a plane to fly it. it should be an enjoyable experience.
This is a nice plane looks real nice. It flies good but doesn't track as good as my p-47. It needs left rudder every time you pull up into a maneuver like a Cuban eight, or loop to keep it tracking true. I wouldn't recommend it as a first war bird with all it's little quirks. I found the foam to be real easy to dent with the slightest pressure such as grabbing too far out of balance when picking it up, so be real easy with this one. The instructions were lacking for example there was no reference as to how to apply the decals. Had to figure out on my own they were of a transfer type. I also found out when I was about half done that if you apply heat. "I used a hair dryer just was careful not to leave it on too long." It made the job way easer information that would have been helpful! However all this takin into account it is a nice plane, and worth the price. I would recommend it.
Awesome plane flys great
Have not flown mine yet; flew the Eflite Spitfire and in comparison this seems to be better quality!
Flightline Spitfire mk IX 1200 mm
My dad and I got this plane in November and we flew it over thanksgiving at a middle school field. I have had four flights with it. it is very smooth even when we were flying in 13 mph winds. it does great three point landings and have had no issues with it.
I just got mine Yesterday and built it right away. It went together very easy. All the components were there. This is a beautiful aircraft and I love the Spitfire. I had a E-Flite MK XIV, you know the one with the 5 blade prop, and it flew ok but not to my liking. I've got 16 years flying RC planes and I know quality when I fly it and the XIV just wasn't there. This is my first Flightline model and what I've researched about them I can't wait to get this plane airborn. The quality and realism are superb. I chose the Johnny Johnson theme and it looks just the photos of his plane. Thanks Motion RC fast delivery and good customer support.
Excellent quality model, very well packaged and complete with a comprehensive marking choice.
Product performs okay, not that great in terms of performance. However, the quality of the foam is very good and it' has a very nice color scheme. I think the plane is bit heavy compare to Eflite, especially in the nose.