FlightLine RC Spitfire Mk.IX 1600mm (63") Wingspan - PNP
FlightLine RC Spitfire Mk.IX 1600mm (63") Wingspan - PNP - FLW303P
The Supermarine Spitfire is one of the most popular warbirds in history. This British single-seat fighter was used famously by the Royal Air Force and the Allies, earning distinction during the Battle of Britain and throughout World War II. Over 20,300 aircraft were produced with more than 24 variants. The Spitfire’s versatility and maneuverability in the hands of skilled pilots made it a lethal weapon against Axis forces. The timeless Spitfire continues to fly in modern times as a tribute to aviation history and military veterans.
After a large outpouring of requests from customers to upsize its smaller 1200mm Spitfire, FlightLine RC’s 1600mm wingspan Spitfire Mk.IXc is approximately 1/7 scale and an entirely larger beast with all the bells and whistles we’ve come to expect from aircraft in the 1600mm Class. This Spitfire is molded from EPO foam, featuring a scale shape and smooth surface. The main wing is assembled from hollow foam parts and an interlocking plywood and carbon fiber frame, providing lower weight and higher strength than a solid foam wing. The main wing and horizontal tail are attached with screws for very convenient transport, and proper ventilation is also designed to keep the electronics cool. The large battery hatch and removable battery bay floor provides easy access to an organized battery and receiver compartment, including space for an optional flight stabilizer gyro.
This elegant model aircraft is equipped with a 5055-390KV brushless outrunner motor, 80A ESC, and scale 4-blade propeller. With the recommended 6S 4000-5000mAh lipo battery, the Spitfire MK.IXc has a level top speed of 125kph/75mph, with tall vertical power and 6-10 minutes of flight time depending on throttle management. Delivering capable grass handling performance, the main landing gear use shock absorbing Oleo struts, a main wheel diameter of 85mm, and a tail wheel diameter of 45mm. Metal reinforcement plates, 5mm thick steel strut pins and axles, and metal trunions work together with the suspension struts and soft wheels to dampen the forces caused by operating this aircraft on rough runways. The FlightLine RC 1600mm Spitfire Mk.IXc was optimized for sport scale performance, gentle handling, and an almost effortless flying experience, suitable for intermediate pilots and above. Importantly, a very predictable stall and power on recovery make the aircraft easy to control throughout all stages of flight. Day-Bright LEDs also aid in visibility of this large and beautiful foam electric model aircraft.
The FlightLine RC 1600mm Spitfire arrives completely painted. To personalize your Spitfire, included in the box are two optional decal sets, depicting the aircraft of Squadron Leader F.A.O. Tony Gaze (MA621 DV-A) and Lieutenant Michel Boudier (BS393 GW-Z). We are proud to partner with Callie Graphics (www.callie-graphics.com), with whom we’ve prepared a wide line of optional decal sets for separate purchase to further customize your new Spitfire!
Visit the Official FlightLine RC 1600mm Spitfire Discussion Thread on HobbySquawk.com for additional photos, videos, reviews, and customer Q&A.
- Grass capable landing gear with suspension struts and 5mm thick steel pin and metal trunion
- Scale four panel split flaps
- Big 16x10 Propeller, 5055-390KV brushless motor and 80A ESC with EC5 connector
- LED wingtip lights and dorsal signal light
- 17g digital hybrid servos, brass ball links, and nylon hinges on all control surfaces
- Machine Screw Inserts molded into the spinner backplate to easily adjust blade tracking while mounted on the motor
- Removable wings, cannon, and antenna for easy transport
- Central Control Board for organized wiring
- Access holes to adjust Elevator/Rudder linkages without removing the wing
- Gyro ready plywood area near CG location
- Two decal sets included: MA621 DV-A, Squadron Leader Tony Gaze, 129 Squadron, 1943 and BS393 GW-Z for Lt. Michel Boudier, 340 Squadron, 1942
- Additional sets made available by Callie Graphics, including George Beurling, Pierre Clostermann, etc.
- FlightLine RC Spitfire Mk.IX 1600mm (63") Wingspan - PNP
- Motor, ESC, servos, LED lights and retracts pre-installed
- 6 Channel Radio - Select a minimum 6 channel radio from our Radio Collection
- 6 Channel Receiver - Select a minimum 6 channel receiver from our Receiver Collection
- 6 Cell 22.2V 4000mAh to 5000mAh LiPo battery with EC5 Connector – We recommend the Admiral 4500mAh 6S LiPo Battery
- 6 Cell Compatible Battery Charger - Select a minimum 6 cell (6S) charger from our Charger Collection
1600mm / 62.99in
1350mm / 53.1in
2850g / 100.53oz
|CG (Center of Gravity)||90mm from the leading edge of the wing at the root|
5055-390KV Brushless Outrunner Motor
Electronic Speed Control
80A Brushless with EC5 connector
Propeller / EDF
16x10 4 Blade Propeller
17g digital hybrid gear standard with 550mm lead: left aileron, right aileron
|Landing Gear||Electric retracts with metal trunions|
6S 22.2V 4000mAh to 5000mAh Li-Po with EC5 connector
6+ Channel 2.4GHz
|Build Time||1 Hour|
Product Spare Parts
Product Questions & AnswersNOTE: Questions submitted on this page are answered by customers who have previously purchased this item. If you have a support related question that requires immediate assistance, please visit our Help Center.
- August 9, 2018 - For modelers with access to a 3D Printer or who want to use a third party 3D printing service, we are offering for a limited time the original .STL files for free download. Modelers are responsible for preparing the file for their own printer’s specifications. These downloadable files are ideal for modelers who enjoy tinkering with printer settings and materials. Please note, we only provide the .STL files themselves; we cannot provide tech support for your specific printer. By downloading the .STL files, you agree to not monetize the file in any way without Motion RC’s express written consent. If you have your own 3D printer, or have access to one, you can download the STL files directly from this link:
- Spitfire Clipped Wing Conversion and Cockpit .STL Files
If you need any additional assistance, please visit the Motion RC Help Center
- Reviews (115)
- Questions (8)
- Warning do not use—
I’ve been flying scale plane for 25 years I purchased the Spitfire I had 5 flights on it due to the four blade prop back of hub cracked from force on prop could’ve been old plastic so I would check prop hub Every time you fly and notes Motion RC’s would not send me a new plane or give my money back because I painted the plane so I’m giving the next guy heads up to let them know I would use two bladed prop or if you can get a solid four blade prop that would work better or if you can reinforce the plastic Hub Do it Right away Good luck pilots
One of the finest Spitfires on the market and very scale. I just love it!
Considering I still have it in the box it looks great.
Flight Line Spitfire Mk IX 63 inch
Extremely impressed and pleasantly surprised by the attention to detail and adherence to scale. Integration of plastic and surface of foam is impressive and from a very short distance gives illusion of non foam construction. Simplicity of construction, scale appearance, and price make this a no brainer for war bird enthusiasts. Thank you from a very happy customer. Highly recommended.
Flightline spitfire 1600mm
By far the best looking foam plane I have! My expectations was high, and I really got what I wanted. Absolutely not the last one from Flightline!
Warbird der Superlative
Diese Spitfire ist der erste Schaumwarbird an dem ich nichts zu meckern habe. Sehr schön detailiert und technisch toll ausgeführt mit hervorragenden Flugeigenschaften. Einzig die Propelleraufnahme am Motor war bei meinem Modell mit nur einer von vier Schrauben befestigt, was ich leider übersehen habe und was beim zweiten Flug leider zu einem Verlust der Luftschraube samt Spinner und Aufnahme führte.
Flightline Spitfire 1600mm
Die Flightline Spitfire hat all meine Erwartungen übertroffen. Die Qualität der Bauteile ist hervorragent. Die Flugeigenschaften spitze. Mir war die Rasenstarttauglichkeit sehr wichtig und ich kann jetzt nach über 20 Flügen sagen das Fahrwerk hält. Der Schwerpunkt ist das einzige was ich bis jetzt nach meinen Ansprüchen angepasst habe. Für den Anfang sind die 90mm aber trotzdem eine gute Wahl. Es scheint beim Schwerpunkt ein recht Breiter Bereich möglich zu sein. Ob man die zentrale Anschlussbox nutzt muss jeder für sich entscheiden. Grundsätzlich ist die Idee gut. Diesen Baukasten würde ich auf jeden Fall nocheinmal kaufen. Was Flightline da vorgelegt hat ist wahrscheinlich schwer zu verbessern.
Ordered from Motion RC EU on Sunday. Arrived at my door in Poland on Wednesday before noon. Great looking plane. I've done 20 flights so far. I fly off the short grass with no problem. It flies as it looks. Great ! I fly F3F competition gliders, RC helicopters. I'm big fun of Kasama helicopters. Love to look at and to fly this bird ! It's awesome.
Excellent quality, lost the first one due to esc failure so have added external UBEC for this one. Hoping for a good experience.