Freewing F-14 Tomcat Twin 80mm EDF Jet - PNP
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
- (Save $50.00)
- Unit price
Freewing F-14 Tomcat Twin 12-Blade 80mm EDF Jet in "Bullet 101" Scheme - PNP - FJ30812P
Version Info: This is the PNP version of the Freewing F-14. The pictures show the optional pylons and weapon set which are not included with the plane. These can be purchased separately by clicking the "upgrades" tab.
We here at Motion RC are proud to announce our Super Scale F-14D Tomcat! Never before has an electric F-14 been produced in this size and with this high a degree of scale fidelity and quality. Easily one of the most beloved jets in history, we’re especially excited to offer this thrilling F-14D Tomcat. Our team worked tirelessly to develop an RC model which brings the excitement and scale performance of this hallmark aircraft to your local flying field and to appropriately honor the F-14 Tomcat’s rightful place in aviation history. We chose to depict “Bullet 101”, the specially marked F-14D from the VF-2 squadron “Bounty Hunters”, which was painted in the mid-1990s to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the F-14’s service in the United States Navy.
The signature feature of the real F-14 is its sweeping wing, and we've worked to design this model around this function as well. Our lightweight, aluminum “Wing Box” design supports a rigid wing in both forward and swept configurations. The wings pivot on flat bearings to reduce resistance and wear. Electric servoless actuators extend and sweep the wings using steel control rods and brass ball links. The result of this design is a durable, maintenance-free wing sweep feature which provides pilots with a worthy F-14 flying experience.
Scale fidelity, surface details, and builder-friendliness were also specific areas of focus. The PNP model arrives with the main fuselage completely assembled. All the electronics –servos, EDFs, ESCs, UBEC, retracts, and lights—are completely installed at the factory. The builder simply needs to screw on the wings and epoxy on the forward nose section and the assorted surface details like the wing fences, antennas, pitot tube, etc. To further simplify the wiring and setup, this F14 incorporates an onboard mixing circuit board which controls all the servos, taileron/aileron mixing, wing sweeping, and the lighting package.
While the complexity of this F-14D make it the largest, most impressive, and heaviest EDF jet available at Motion RC to date, the aircraft uses two 80mm 12 blade EDFs and two 6s 4000mAh batteries which can propel it through the sky at 100mph. The Freewing F-14 is also extremely capable and stable at slow flight. The model can cruise at 60% throttle, can turn at 40% throttle even with the wings swept rearward, and can land at less than 40mph with full flaps. The F-14D’s two powerplants utilize two 3530-1680Kv outrunners and 80A ESCs. An 8 amp UBEC supplies the ten servos with dependable power to all systems.
Visit the Official Freewing Twin 80mm F-14D Tomcat Discussion Thread on HobbySquawk.com for additional photos, videos, reviews, and customer Q&A.
- Model officially licensed by Northrop Grumman
- 2x 12 Blade factory balanced 80mm EDFs with metal housing and 3530-1680Kv brushless outrunner motors produces realistic jet turbine sound
- Rigid aluminum wing box assembly for a swept wing configuration
- Pre-installed servoless actuators to sweep the wing during flight
- Super scale details include hand painted pilots, antennas, pitot tubes, etc
- Proudly displaying the authentic "Bullet 101" livery of the VF-2 squandron "Bounty Hunters"
- 2x 80 Amp Hobbywing ESCs with single 8 amp UBEC
- Electronic retractable landing gear with all metal shock-absorbing struts
- Steerable, shock absorbing nose gear for enhanced ground maneuverability
- Servo operated nose gear door (pre-installed sequencer)
- Carbon spars and EPO foam construction provide the perfect balance between strength and flexibility
- 9x LED lights plus landing light
- Nylon hinges on all control surfaces
- Gapless flap hinges
- Outrunner motors, servos, ESCs and EDFs come pre-installed for your convenience (PNP version only)
- Removable magnetic nose cone for convenient transport
- Freewing F-14 Tomcat Twin 80mm EDF Jet - PNP
- Servos, motors, ESCs pre-installed
- 7 Channel Radio - Select a minimum 7 channel radio from our Radio Collection
- 7 Channel Receiver - Select a minimum 7 channel receiver from our Receiver Collection
- TWO 6 Cell 22.2V 4000 mAh LiPo Batteries with EC5 connectors - EPR40006
- 6 Cell Compatible Battery Charger - Select a minimum 6 cell (6S) charger from our Charger Collection
1016mm, retracted 1550mm extended / 40in retracted, 61in extended
1498mm / 59in
4160g without battery / 147oz
CG (Center of Gravity)
393mm measured back from the intake
2x 3530-1680Kv Brushless Outrunner Motor
Electronic Speed Control
2x 80A ESCs, 8A UBEC, EC5 Connector
Propeller / EDF
2x 80mm Metal EDF with 12 Blade Fan
Electronic retractable main gear and steerable nose gear with all metal shock absorbing struts
2x 6S 22.2V 4000mAh LiPo (required)
7+ Channel full range 2.4Ghz (using pre-installed mixing board)
Yes (landing light, 9x LEDs)
Nylon gapless hinges
Minimum 300 foot runway, recommended pavement, mat, or short turf
Product Spare Parts