F-22 Raptor with 9-Blade 90mm EDF Jet from Freewing - PNP - FJ31311P
The F-22 Raptor is the world’s first Fifth Generation fighter, and its technology and performance continue to set the standard against which all other fighter jets are judged. The Freewing F-22 is a flying RC replica of this innovative fighter jet. Boasting both the lowest stall speed and one of the highest top speeds among all of Freewing’s jets, this super scale F-22 is capable of executing maneuvers most other EDFs can only dream of –our design team considers it a Performer and a Trainer in one!
The Freewing F-22 is available in two PNP versions. The Standard version features a 90mm EDF with an all-new 9 blade single piece impeller, 3748-1750kV outrunner brushless motor and 130A ESC. The Deluxe 8S version features a 90mm 12 blade impeller mounted to a powerful 4075-1390kV inrunner brushless motor and 150A HV ESC. The F-22’s maximum level airspeed exceeds 170KPH / 106MPH and 190KPH / 119MPH between the Standard and Deluxe versions, respectively.
Overall, the Freewing 90mm F-22 is a very approachable flyer and suitable for pilots moving up to their first 90mm jet from a smaller 70mm or 80mm jet. For pilots already familiar with the handling of a 90mm jet, the Freewing F-22 offers the potential to master an expanded set of realistic maneuvers.
Put stealth aside –stand out and be seen ruling the skies with your Raptor today!
Visit the Official Freewing 90mm F-22 Raptor Discussion Thread on HobbySquawk.com for additional photos, videos, reviews, and customer Q&A.
Features a mixture of sharp panel lines, graduated paintwork, and realistic decals to create the most realistic PNP foam electric F-22 on the market.
Optimized Power System
Efficient, balanced, powerful EDF power system generates speeds exceeding 100mph!
A large battery bay can easily fit either 6S or 8S battery (for appropriate 6S or 8S Power System).
Strong aluminum suspension landing gear and sequenced nose gear doors.
This Freewing F-22 is officially licensed by Lockheed Martin.
12 different colors and subtle shades in metallic, satin, and matte finishes of paint and decals combine to enhance the model’s visual representation of the real F-22’s stealth coating.
Using the right materials for the right job, the Freewing F-22 employs EPO foam, aluminum, carbon fiber, steel, nylon, plastic, and plywood.
Servos are housed within plastic trays for easy removal and servicing, and the cockpit is lined with thin plastic to resist heat damage.
Main wings disconnect conveniently with a flexible ribbon wire cable, which smartly reduces the load exerted on the actual electronic connections. A magnetic plastic nose cone also reduces the model’s length for easier transport.
Integrated MFCB improves wire organization and supports DIY expansions such as LEDs.
Ball Bearing-supported horizontal stabilators and screw-together assembly.
Free downloadable 3DPUP Sets including Cockpit Set and Static Display Weapons Bay Set (see the Support Tab for download details).
- Model officially licensed by Lockheed Martin
- Exceptional low speed stability and high speed agility
- Realistic Scale Maneuver capability includes Cobra, Mongo Flip, J-Turn, Descending Spiral, Hover, etc
- Efficient, balanced, powerful 9-Blade EDF power system
- Has the lowest stall speed and one of the highest top speeds among all of Freewing’s jets
- Large battery bay to easily fit either 6S or 8S battery (for appropriate 6S or 8S Power System)
- Materials include EPO foam, aluminum, carbon fiber, steel, nylon, plastic, and wood for maximum durability
- Features a mixture of sharp panel lines, graduated paintwork, and realistic decals for maximum realism
- MultiShade™ livery incorporating paint and decals with over 12 different colors and subtle shading in metallic, satin, and matte finishes
- Servos are housed within plastic trays for easy removal and servicing
- Cockpit is lined with thin plastic to resist heat damage
- Grass-capable suspension landing gear and sequenced nose gear doors with magnet assist
- Free downloadable 3DPUP Sets including Cockpit Set and Static Display Weapons Bay Set (see the Support Tab for download details)
- Main wings disconnect conveniently with a flexible ribbon wire cable, which smartly reduces the load exerted on the actual electronic connections
- Magnetic nose cone encased in molded plastic with raised surface details can be removed easily to reduce the model’s length during transport to your flying field
- MFCB for wire organization and future expansion-potential with LEDs and optional accessories
- Widened gear stance and larger-than-scale grass-appropriate wheels greatly improve ground handling on short grass runways
- Ball Bearing-supported horizontal stabilators
- Screw-assembly for all flying surfaces
- Capable of Expert-level maneuvers as well as smooth, stable slow flight for less-experienced jet flyers
- Freewing F-22 Raptor 90mm EDF Jet - PNP
- 9-Blade EDF power system (installed)
- 3748-1750kV outrunner brushless motor (installed)
- 130A ESC with EC5 connector (installed)
- Electronic retractable landing gear (installed)
- Servos, LED Lights (installed)
- 6 Channel radio - select a minimum 6 channel radio from our Radio Collection
- 6 Channel receiver - select a minimum 6 channel receiver from our Receiver Collection
- 6 Cell 22.2V 5000 mAh LiPo battery with EC5 connector - we recommend the Admiral 6 Cell 5000 mAh LiPo with EC5 connector
- 6 Cell compatible battery charger - select a minimum 6 cell (6S) charger from our Charger Collection
|Model Scale||1 : 13 Scale|
|Wingspan||1060mm / 41.73in|
|Empty Weight||2960g / 104.41oz (w/o battery)|
|CG (Center of Gravity)||150mm (5.9") from the leading edge of the wing at the root|
|Power System||6S 3748-1750kV Brushless Outrunner Motor|
|Electronic Speed Control||130A, EC5 Connector|
|Propeller / EDF||90mm 9-Blade EDF|
|Servos||9g metal gear digital standard with 500mm lead : nose gear door|
9g metal gear digital standard with 300mm lead : nose gear steering
17g metal gear digital standard with 300mm lead : left aileron, right aileron
17g metal gear digital standard with 200mm lead : left flap, right flap
17g metal gear digital standard with 100mm lead : right elevator, left rudder, right rudder
17g metal gear digital reverse with 100mm lead : left elevator
|Landing Gear||Electronic retractable main gear and steerable nose gear with all metal shock absorbing struts|
|Required Battery||6S 22.2V 5000mAh LiPo with EC5 connector (required)|
|Required Radio||6 Channel (required)|
|Hinge Type||Nylon Reinforced|
|Build Time||3-4 Hours|
|Recommended Environment||Outdoor, 150+ foot paved runway or short manicured grass|
Product Spare Parts
Product Questions & AnswersNOTE: Questions submitted on this page are answered by customers who have previously purchased this item. If you have a support related question that requires immediate assistance, please visit our Help Center.
- January 11, 2019 - These are the 3DPup files for the main gear outer door. You can download the ZIP file directly at this link.
- November 6, 2018 - For modelers with access to a 3D Printer or who want to use a third party 3D printing service, we are offering the original .STL files for free download. Modelers are responsible for preparing the file for their own printer’s specifications. These downloadable files are ideal for modelers who enjoy tinkering with printer settings and materials. Please note, we only provide the .STL files themselves; we cannot provide tech support for your specific printer. By downloading the .STL files, you agree to not monetize the file in any way without Motion RC’s express written consent. If you have your own 3D printer, or have access to one, you can download the STL files directly at this link.
If you need any additional assistance, please visit the Motion RC Help Center
The jet flies well. The recommended settings are good. I found I needed to increase the rates to have better control. and the flap setting compensation pushed the nose down to far for my comfort level. Everything fit together without modification. Instructions just did not work for me. A friend said " two hours to assemble with the instructions and one hour without". Flies like a trainer!! and takes off of grass if its cut short and not too thick.
It went together fast and easy and it looks realistic. The retracts works good so far. The glue that comes with the kit sucks tack glue works better
Every thing worked as it should nice jet!
I bought this airplane because of it's reported ability to fly both fast and slow as well as excellent landing characteristics. I have the following three wing products and ME 262, Stinger, Avante and an A10. I have had very little problem flying them. The F 22 was set up according to the manual. On the maiden voyage of the F 22 I knew immediately that I was in trouble. It wav very twichy and squirrley. Sadly it ended in a bad crash. The cost of the repair parts is over $300. I am very discouraged and will not be repairing this airplane.
I only have 15 flights on this model so far, but overall am pleased. Every component so far seems very well engineered. I'd prefer trailing link gear for grass ops., but the stock gear is very robust. The plane rotates well on my wet, uneven grass (which is a concern in many EDFs), flies very stable and can absolutely crawl across the sky. It's not extremely fast, but I believe the claims of ~105 mph on 6S. It rewards energy management with great energy retention which is fun. I ended up gluing on the nose cone as it would come off during the bouncy taxiing and grass takeoffs (still flies okay without it), but otherwise is fine stock.
The F22 is the first Scale EDF I tell anyone to get! It is hands down the best scale jet you can get for the money. She flies extremely well on the 6s setup.
Simply put .... Awesome, Goes together quickly, Phenomenal power, And The Size of this Bird
Un excelente Jet, hoy fue mi rpimer vuelo y sube y baja como un angel.
I’m really glad I bought this F-22. The fit and finish is excellent. Plenty of power in the stock configuration. The cg was spot on. The maiden yesterday was uneventful. I flew it with Roaring Top 5500 70C batteries getting three minutes with about 20% left after heavy throttle use. I flew in grass. Takeoffs were short and the landings were simple. I rode a bit of throttle until flare and it settled in with no bounce. This one is a sweetheart. It’s nice not to have a bunch of issues with a new, high dollar jet. You can just go fly it with low stress.
Motion RC has a new European website
Go there instead?