Freewing F-22 Raptor 90mm EDF Jet - PNP
F-22 Raptor with 9-Blade 90mm EDF Jet from Freewing - PNP - FJ31311P
The F-22 Raptor is the world’s first Fifth Generation fighter that delivers cutting edge advances in low observable “stealth” capabilities, enhanced computer-assisted agility, and precision combat capability. The F-22 represents the future of modern air combat, and its technology continues to set the standard against which all other Fifth Generation fighters are judged.
The Freewing F-22 is a flying RC replica of this innovative fighter jet. Boasting both the lowest stall speed and one of the highest top speeds among all of Freewing’s jets, be prepared to fly a wide flight envelope with this visually stunning model aircraft! Freewing’s F-22 is capable of maneuvers most other EDFs can only dream of –our design team considers it a Performer and a Trainer in one. The Freewing F-22 measures 1500mm in length with a wingspan of 1060mm. Assembled from an array of materials including EPO foam, aluminum, carbon fiber, steel, nylon, plastic, and wood, the Freewing F-22 delivers extreme maneuverability and reliable durability on grass runways. The model aircraft features a mixture of sharp panel lines, graduated paintwork, and realistic decals. More than 15 colors of paint and decals combine to represent the subtle but complex surface shades and panels seen on the full-size F-22. The model’s main colors appear to slightly “shift” depending on the light conditions, with metallic, matte, and semi-gloss surfaces working to achieve the subtle effect. This isn’t your average plain gray jet!
Main Assembly is completed primarily with screws to attach the flying surfaces. The full flying horizontal stabilizers’ metal shafts rotate within steel bearings for smooth operation, and their servos along with the aileron and flap servos are housed within plastic trays for easy removal and servicing. As with the recent popular Freewing 80mm L-39, this Freewing 90mm F-22’s cockpit is also lined with thin plastic to resist heat damage to the darker cockpit surfaces. The main wings disconnect conveniently with a flexible ribbon wire cable, which smartly reduces the load exerted on the actual electronic connections. A magnetic nose cone encased in molded plastic with raised surface details can be removed easily to reduce the model’s length during transport to your flying field. Finally, the onboard MFCB supports expansion of up to eight additional LEDs aside from the sequenced landing light.
The Freewing F-22 is simultaneously capable of extreme expert-level maneuvers and sedate trainer-like flying. A widened gear stance and larger-than-scale grass-appropriate wheels greatly improve ground handling on short grass runways. The servo operated nose gear door is also aided by recessed magnets to help hold the doors shut during flight. Even without flaps, the model can takeoff in less than 100 feet! In the flight pattern, the Freewing F-22 truly shines. It is highly maneuverable and very difficult to stall, and can be flown at high angles of attack including high-alpha, and wild maneuvers including Cobra, inverted Immelmans, etc. Overall, our design team developed the Freewing F-22 to be able to fly a similar pattern to that flown by the real F-22 in its popular air show demonstration routine. Despite its extreme capabilities in the hands of expert RC pilots, the Freewing F-22 can also be cruised comfortably at 40%-50% throttle for stable flying as a 90mm Jet Trainer for RC pilots moving up from the 70mm-80mm Jet sizes. In the landing pattern, flaps are not required to slow the model to a long and level descent. If flaps are used, please see the manual for appropriate mixing.
The Freewing F-22 is available in two PNP versions. The Standard version features a 90mm EDF with an all-new 9 blade single piece impeller, factory balanced for precise operation, paired with a 3748-1750kV outrunner brushless motor and 130A ESC. The Deluxe 8S version features a 90mm 12 blade impeller, also molded as a single unit and factory balanced, mounted to a powerful 4075-1390kV inrunner brushless motor and 150A ESC. The F-22’s maximum level airspeed has been measured at 170KPH / 106MPH and 190KPH / 119MPH between the Standard and Deluxe versions, respectively.
Expanding the customization possibilities with your model, Motion RC also provides free downloads of 3D Printable files for a complete 3DPUP Cockpit Set, Ejection Seat, Static Display AIM-9, and Static Display Intake/Exhaust Covers. These 3DPUP files in .STL format are optimized for printing on common FDM-type printers and require very minimal assembly. For an additional challenge, a Canopy Frame Set is also available for modelers who want to experiment with a fabricating their own servo-driven opening canopy function.
Overall, the Freewing 90mm F-22 is a very approachable flyer and suitable for pilots moving up to their first 90mm jet from a 70mm or 80mm jet. For pilots already familiar with the handling of a 90mm jet, this F-22 offers the potential to master an expanded set of realistic maneuvers.
Put stealth aside –stand out and be seen ruling the skies with your Raptor today!
Visit the Official Freewing 90mm F-22 Raptor Discussion Thread on HobbySquawk.com for additional photos, videos, reviews, and customer Q&A.
- Model officially licensed by Lockheed Martin
- Exceptional low speed stability and high speed agility
- Realistic Scale Maneuver capability includes Cobra, Mongo Flip, J-Turn, Descending Spiral, Hover, etc
- Efficient, balanced, powerful 9-Blade EDF power system
- Has the lowest stall speed and one of the highest top speeds among all of Freewing’s jets
- Large battery bay to easily fit either 6S or 8S battery (for appropriate 6S or 8S Power System)
- Materials include EPO foam, aluminum, carbon fiber, steel, nylon, plastic, and wood for maximum durability
- Features a mixture of sharp panel lines, graduated paintwork, and realistic decals for maximum realism
- MultiShade™ livery incorporating paint and decals with over 12 different colors and subtle shading in metallic, satin, and matte finishes
- Servos are housed within plastic trays for easy removal and servicing
- Cockpit is lined with thin plastic to resist heat damage
- Grass-capable suspension landing gear and sequenced nose gear doors with magnet assist
- Free downloadable 3DPUP Sets including Cockpit Set and Static Display Weapons Bay Set (see the Support Tab for download details)
- Main wings disconnect conveniently with a flexible ribbon wire cable, which smartly reduces the load exerted on the actual electronic connections
- Magnetic nose cone encased in molded plastic with raised surface details can be removed easily to reduce the model’s length during transport to your flying field
- MFCB for wire organization and future expansion-potential with LEDs and optional accessories
- Widened gear stance and larger-than-scale grass-appropriate wheels greatly improve ground handling on short grass runways
- Ball Bearing-supported horizontal stabilators
- Screw-assembly for all flying surfaces
- Capable of Expert-level maneuvers as well as smooth, stable slow flight for less-experienced jet flyers
- Freewing F-22 Raptor 90mm EDF Jet - PNP
- 9-Blade EDF power system (installed)
- 3748-1750kV outrunner brushless motor (installed)
- 130A ESC with EC5 connector (installed)
- Electronic retractable landing gear (installed)
- Servos, LED Lights (installed)
- 6 Channel radio - select a minimum 6 channel radio from our Radio Collection
- 6 Channel receiver - select a minimum 6 channel receiver from our Receiver Collection
- 6 Cell 22.2V 5000 mAh LiPo battery with EC5 connector - we recommend the Admiral 6 Cell 5000 mAh LiPo with EC5 connector
- 6 Cell compatible battery charger - select a minimum 6 cell (6S) charger from our Charger Collection
1 : 13 Scale
1060mm / 41.73in
2960g / 104.41oz (w/o battery)
CG (Center of Gravity)
150mm (5.9") from the leading edge of the wing at the root
6S 3748-1750kV Brushless Outrunner Motor
Electronic Speed Control
130A, EC5 Connector
Propeller / EDF
90mm 9-Blade EDF
9g metal gear digital standard with 500mm lead : nose gear door
Electronic retractable main gear and steerable nose gear with all metal shock absorbing struts
6S 22.2V 5000mAh LiPo with EC5 connector (required)
6 Channel (required)
|Outdoor, 150+ foot paved runway or short manicured grass|
Product Spare Parts
Product Questions & AnswersNOTE: Questions submitted on this page are answered by customers who have previously purchased this item. If you have a support related question that requires immediate assistance, please visit our Help Center.
- January 11, 2019 - These are the 3DPup files for the main gear outer door. You can download the ZIP file directly at this link.
- November 6, 2018 - For modelers with access to a 3D Printer or who want to use a third party 3D printing service, we are offering the original .STL files for free download. Modelers are responsible for preparing the file for their own printer’s specifications. These downloadable files are ideal for modelers who enjoy tinkering with printer settings and materials. Please note, we only provide the .STL files themselves; we cannot provide tech support for your specific printer. By downloading the .STL files, you agree to not monetize the file in any way without Motion RC’s express written consent. If you have your own 3D printer, or have access to one, you can download the STL files directly at this link.
If you need any additional assistance, please visit the Motion RC Help Center
Freewing is firing on all Cylinders.
I have had the opportunity to fly several of the Freewing jets including the F18, F5, F16, A4 and now, the F22. Personally, I think the A4 Skyhawk and now, this F22 Raptor are the two best jets they have offered to the public. Without being too wordy, that F22 (and the A4) have ample compartment room for electronics and larger batteries if desired although I prefer the Admiral 5000 on that A4 and the 6000 on the F22 with nearly no variation. Both aircraft have large wing surface for their weight and when trimmed properly with flaps, these aircraft touchdown in a manner that is exceptional. The F22 in 6S works just fine but it is a large aircraft and management of potential energy stored in your altitude will really help pilots to get the most out of this jet. Lastly, although the large front gear may not be exactly scale, it is certainly welcome allowing for grass takeoff as well as grass overrun without damage like some of my other jets have suffered. Today, I did 4 takeoffs and landings on the A4 followed by two takeoffs and landings on the F22 and I find them both to be, my front line preferred jets.
Motion Rc a tout fait pour résoudre mon problème, depuis tout est rentré dans l'ordre, merci a Motion RC pour leur professionnalisme. Merci
Perfect...if it Wasn’t for Those Darn Missing Nav Lights
Aside from the missing nav lights, which really should be installed for an aircraft of this price point, this plane is as about as perfect a foam EDF can be. Incredibly forgiving, easy to fly and easy to build. The finish is very well done, handles slow flight extremely well and has enough room to easily handle 6000+ batteries. Flight time is 3:30 with a 5000, and about 4:00 with a 6000. However, with conservative throttle and a larger battery you can stretch the flight time to about 5:00. With the center body of the plane much like an airfoil, the glide capabilities of this plane is superb.
This jet does EVERYTHING!!!! Great everyday “go to” no fuss jet.
Freewing 6 cell 90mm F22
The model arrived without damage and as scheduled. Falling off a log easy to assemble and great looking. It flies just lake the videos on Motion's website. I fly off grass and the plane handles it without issue. Get one of these if you like flying RC jets.
F22 great model but lacking
The model flys great but still can’t wrap my head around the fact that they put this model out without position lights like the F-4D I just bought or all of my other 90mm Freewing aircraft. Seems like a cost cutting profit margin increasing plan and if you watch any YouTube you will see that most buyers are upset about it. Of course the obvious thing is yes I bought it with out lights. Won’t do it anymore. When does the F-35 come out!
Awesome freewing F22
One word Amazing !!!!!!!!!! Fantastic service from Motion RC Europe
Good looking great flying airplane
I have had a couple of EDFs over the years but this plane takes things to a whole new level. It looks very nice and not like a foam aircraft at all. The airplane flies great. At full throtle it is very fast and flies like it is on rails. Landings are a joy and the plane does not seem to have any bad characteristics.I only have four flights and winds were within 30 degrees of runway heading. Direct crosswinds might be problematic because of the relative narrow width between the mains but this just suppostiton at this point. The plane slows down nicely and the sink rate is very manageable for really nice touchdowns.
F-22 ultimate jet package
The F-22 is an exceptional jet kit great detail and easy assembly. It should be a fantastic performer.