Freewing Pandora 4-in-1 Blue 1400mm (55") Wingspan - PNP
Freewing Pandora 4-in-1 Blue 1400mm (55") Wingspan - PNP - FT30111P
The Freewing Pandora is not only one of the best beginner planes on the market, it is a great intermediate plane too. How is this possible? The Pandora ships as a high wing trainer. Simply change the canopy to the included low wing canopy and move the wings to the bottom of the fuselage and you now have a light sport low wing plane perfect for an intermediate pilot. In addition there are two sets of wheels. There is a set of tricycle landing gear which the Motion RC Pilots think looks best on the low wing plane, and there is a set of "Big Wheel" landing gear in tail dragger format which is perfect for grass and dirt takeoff/landing. The "Big Wheels" even work on tall thick grass with ease.
You literally have 4 combinations and can make 4 different planes. This is a fantastic concept which is very enjoyable to fly. The Pandora does not get knocked around by the wind as much as a smaller plane. Though it is recommended beginners do not fly in a lot of wind, this plane is easier than most to fly in a bit of wind because of the larger size and weight. The guys at Motion RC think the Freewing Pandora may quickly become the plane of choice for both beginner and intermediate pilots. This is one of the best performing, best built, best values in RC planes.
Visit the Official Freewing 1400mm Pandora 4-in-1 Discussion Thread on HobbySquawk.com for additional photos, videos, reviews, and customer Q&A.
- High wing and low wing configuration included in one plane
- Tricycle landing gear and tail dragger landing gear included
- Included BIG wheels for tall grass takeoff and landings
- Molded wing pocket for optional flap servos - push rods and linkage included
- Durable EPO foam construction
- Nylon hinges on all control surfaces
- Brushless motor, ESC, and 4 micro servos installed
- 4 Channel Radio - Select a minimum 4 channel radio from our Radio Collection
- 4 Channel Receiver - Select a minimum 4 channel receiver from our Receiver Collection
- 3 Cell 11.1V 2200 mAh Lipo Battery with XT60 Connector - EPR22003X6
- 3 Cell Compatible Battery Charger - Select a minimum 3 cell (3S) charger from our Charger Collection
1500g / 53 ounces
30A, Internal BEC, XT60 connector
Propeller / EDF
11x6 3 blade prop
9g plastic gear standard with 300mm lead : left flap, elevator
Fixed tricycle or tail dragger. Small or large wheels
11.1V 2200mAh 25C 3 cell LiPo with XT60 Connector
Optional -molded servo area and flap cut outs
Nylon hinges on all control surfaces
Product Spare Parts
Product Questions & AnswersNOTE: Questions submitted on this page are answered by customers who have previously purchased this item. If you have a support related question that requires immediate assistance, please visit our Help Center.
- May 6, 2013 - Optional flaps are molded into the wings along with a pocket for the flap servos. Better yet, the hardware for the optional flaps is included. You only need two 9 gram servos to make the flaps fully operational in about 10 minutes. If you use one flap channel, you will need a Y cable, one forward 9g servo, and one reverse 9g servo. If you use two channels for flaps, you can use two forward 9g servos and reverse one channel using your radio. If you need any help picking out servos for the flaps, the guys at Motion RC are happy to help.
If you need any additional assistance, please visit the Motion RC Help Center
Picked this up to train students after ground school. In high wing configuration currently, after solos, I will convert to low wing for advanced flight training. Completed with flaps as well. Seems to be a stable platform.
Smooth order: replacing a terrible crash, I ordered a new plane paid for with PayPal. The order was processed and shipped the same day! Received within a week; great service!
Good service, great plane and very poor manual, missing hardware
This is my second one. The first one was my first plane 3 and a half years ago and has been abused to where it is hard to glue things together. I did put a bigger motor in it so it is way fun.
As always Motion RC provided me with my order in a fast and reliable manner, thanks to them I'm back in the air before we run out of season!
Once I put it together ,I am sure I can crash it That's why I bought two Just like The A-10s Fix one will build another new one Thank you for advice I am new at at this game
I have been flying for 4 months and just got signed off as a pilot. This plane takes a lickn and keeps on tickn. Great first plane. Plan on ordering another.
i thought it would be good to test whether a 2 blade prop produces more thrust than a three blade. Using a digital strain gauge (fish weigher) I compared the static thrust at full throttle of the 3 blade which comes with the Pandora vs an APC12X6 sold by our heroes. I've 3d-printed spinner and hubs for the two blade - apparently nothing on the market will fit the shaft which came with the plane because of the hex so I made my own. They take a lot of fussing to balance them but when they are balanced they are almost as true as the one which comes with the plane. to cut to the chase, at full throttle using my FrSky transceiver and receiver, I get 1195-1200 grams with the 3 blade and 1300 grams with 2 blade. This is a static test -plane on taildragger setup with small wheels, not moving and with cowl cover installed but not wings. The 3 blade provides plenty of thrust and I generally fly at half throttle. Probably you couldn't tell the difference in the air, but .... A downside of using the 2 blade prop is that because it is pretty stout, crashes involving the prop seem harder on the plane. the 3-blade usually shears off one of the blades and in so doing does less damage to the nose of the plane. I still think this is a really good plane.
Motion RC has a new European website
Go there instead?