Freewing Pandora 4-in-1 Blue 1400mm (55") Wingspan - PNP
Freewing Pandora 4-in-1 Blue 1400mm (55") Wingspan - PNP - FT30111P
The Freewing Pandora is not only one of the best beginner planes on the market, it is a great intermediate plane too. How is this possible? The Pandora ships as a high wing trainer. Simply change the canopy to the included low wing canopy and move the wings to the bottom of the fuselage and you now have a light sport low wing plane perfect for an intermediate pilot. In addition there are two sets of wheels. There is a set of tricycle landing gear which the Motion RC Pilots think looks best on the low wing plane, and there is a set of "Big Wheel" landing gear in tail dragger format which is perfect for grass and dirt takeoff/landing. The "Big Wheels" even work on tall thick grass with ease.
You literally have 4 combinations and can make 4 different planes. This is a fantastic concept which is very enjoyable to fly. The Pandora does not get knocked around by the wind as much as a smaller plane. Though it is recommended beginners do not fly in a lot of wind, this plane is easier than most to fly in a bit of wind because of the larger size and weight. The guys at Motion RC think the Freewing Pandora may quickly become the plane of choice for both beginner and intermediate pilots. This is one of the best performing, best built, best values in RC planes.
Visit the Official Freewing 1400mm Pandora 4-in-1 Discussion Thread on HobbySquawk.com for additional photos, videos, reviews, and customer Q&A.
- High wing and low wing configuration included in one plane
- Tricycle landing gear and tail dragger landing gear included
- Included BIG wheels for tall grass takeoff and landings
- Molded wing pocket for optional flap servos - push rods and linkage included
- Durable EPO foam construction
- Nylon hinges on all control surfaces
- Brushless motor, ESC, and 4 micro servos installed
- 4 Channel Radio - Select a minimum 4 channel radio from our Radio Collection
- 4 Channel Receiver - Select a minimum 4 channel receiver from our Receiver Collection
- 3 Cell 11.1V 2200 mAh Lipo Battery with XT60 Connector - EPR22003X6
- 3 Cell Compatible Battery Charger - Select a minimum 3 cell (3S) charger from our Charger Collection
1500g / 53 ounces
30A, Internal BEC, XT60 connector
Propeller / EDF
11x6 3 blade prop
9g plastic gear standard with 300mm lead : left flap, elevator
Fixed tricycle or tail dragger. Small or large wheels
11.1V 2200mAh 25C 3 cell LiPo with XT60 Connector
Optional -molded servo area and flap cut outs
Nylon hinges on all control surfaces
Product Spare Parts
Product Questions & AnswersNOTE: Questions submitted on this page are answered by customers who have previously purchased this item. If you have a support related question that requires immediate assistance, please visit our Help Center.
- May 6, 2013 - Optional flaps are molded into the wings along with a pocket for the flap servos. Better yet, the hardware for the optional flaps is included. You only need two 9 gram servos to make the flaps fully operational in about 10 minutes. If you use one flap channel, you will need a Y cable, one forward 9g servo, and one reverse 9g servo. If you use two channels for flaps, you can use two forward 9g servos and reverse one channel using your radio. If you need any help picking out servos for the flaps, the guys at Motion RC are happy to help.
If you need any additional assistance, please visit the Motion RC Help Center
Well Motion RC has done it again. I ordered the plane Friday at 12.00 Noon and it was on my work bench at 4:00 Pm the next day. What a fantastic aircraft, the attention to detail and hardness of the EPO finish was great. It went together just perfect. I choose the high wing rike gear. I handles on the ground very well and flying was a dream. I was amazed at how aerobatic it was. WE flew it on a windy day and all went well. I did have to get a battery adapter to match my Dean battery connectors. I would definitely recommend this plane
This is my second one. Basically my first one lasted years and it was time to replace it. Such a fun flyer.
I thought the quality of the foam in this product was the best I have ever seen, but the hardware and the instructions left a lot to be desired. All the info was available on the motion support internet pages once I realized the instructions weren't meant to be in detail. I haven't flown it yet, so we will see.
This old dog is trying to learn new tricks, like flying fixed wing rc (mostly a heli guy here) and the Pandora fit my needs, my budget and will give me more opportunities to learn high wing - low wing - tail dragger and tricycle gear all on the same plane. It has already been through some tough times in my "newbie" hands. Hard landings, lousy crosswind technique on my part, and one pretty serious nose into a cornfield. Through it all Pandora flies. This little bird is a LOT tougher than it looks and it looks good too! I am VERY pleased with this purchase. Motion RC has a good supply of replacement parts too if you ever need them. If you are starting out and want to continue to grow, but like me, your budget is limited, you will not be disappointed in the Freewing Pandora.
The instructions manual was very difficult to read and in my opinion vague. I did assemble the Pandora but the instructions manual is not user friendly
This is a keeper,it flys great right out of the box!!!
As reported ESC would not run motor, replaced esc and now operates just fine. I had to re glue all wing plastic mounts as they were not secure.
Picked this up to train students after ground school. In high wing configuration currently, after solos, I will convert to low wing for advanced flight training. Completed with flaps as well. Seems to be a stable platform.
Motion RC has a new European website
Go there instead?