Freewing Pandora 4-in-1 Red 1400mm (55") Wingspan - PNP
Freewing Pandora 4-in-1 Red 1400mm (55") Wingspan - PNP - FT30121P
The Freewing Pandora is not only one of the best beginner planes on the market, it is a great intermediate plane too. How is this possible? The Pandora ships as a high wing trainer. Simply change the canopy to the included low wing canopy and move the wings to the bottom of the fuselage and you now have a light sport low wing plane perfect for an intermediate pilot. In addition there are two sets of wheels. There is a set of tricycle landing gear which the Motion RC Pilots think looks best on the low wing plane, and there is a set of "Big Wheel" landing gear in tail dragger format which is perfect for grass and dirt takeoff/landing. The "Big Wheels" even work on tall thick grass with ease.
You literally have 4 combinations and can make 4 different planes. This is a fantastic concept which is very enjoyable to fly. The Pandora does not get knocked around by the wind as much as a smaller plane. We don't recommend beginners fly any RC plane in a lot of wind but this plane is easier than most to fly in a bit of wind because of the larger size and weight. The guys at Motion RC think the Freewing Pandora may quickly become the plane of choice for both beginner and intermediate pilots.
Visit the Official Freewing 1400mm Pandora 4-in-1 Discussion Thread on HobbySquawk.com for additional photos, videos, reviews, and customer Q&A.
- High wing and low wing configuration included in one plane
- Tricycle landing gear and tail dragger landing gear included
- Included BIG wheels for tall grass takeoff and landings
- Molded wing pocket for optional flap servos - hardware and push rods are included
- Durable EPO foam construction
- Nylon hinges on all control surfaces
- Brushless motor, ESC, and 4 micro servos installed
- 4 Channel Radio - Select a minimum 4 channel radio from our Radio Collection
- 4 Channel Receiver - Select a minimum 4 channel receiver from our Receiver Collection
- 3 Cell 11.1V 2200 mAh Lipo Battery with XT60 Connector - EPR22003X6
- 3 Cell Compatible Battery Charger - Select a minimum 3 cell (3S) charger from our Charger Collection
1500g / 53 ounces
30A, Internal BEC, XT60 connector
Propeller / EDF
11x6 3 blade prop
9g plastic gear standard with 300mm lead : left flap, elevator
Fixed tricycle or tail dragger. Small or large wheels
11.1V 2200mAh 25C 3 cell LiPo with XT60 connector
Optional -molded servo area and flap cut outs
Nylon hinges on all control surfaces
Product Spare Parts
Product Questions & AnswersNOTE: Questions submitted on this page are answered by customers who have previously purchased this item. If you have a support related question that requires immediate assistance, please visit our Help Center.
- May 6, 2013 - Optional flaps are molded into the wings along with a pocket for the flap servos. Better yet, the hardware for the optional flaps is included. You only need two 9 gram servos to make the flaps fully operational in about 10 minutes. If you use one flap channel, you will need a Y cable, one forward 9g servo, and one reverse 9g servo. If you use two channels for flaps, you can use two forward 9g servos and reverse one channel using your radio. If you need any help picking out servos for the flaps, the guys at Motion RC are happy to help.
If you need any additional assistance, please visit the Motion RC Help Center
Best starter/trainer plane
Overall a great plane. Fit and finish is great. One negative would be, it needs better instructions. Trying to figure out the screw placement is trying.
Good plane! A little underpowered, but oké for training. Nose wheel servo not strong enough.
poor wing supports.
I had a minor problem on take off and hit the ground a little hard and both wing supports pulled out of the foam. The wing supports are very lightly made. The parts for the tail mounts were missing and I needed to glue the rudder and elevator to the body.
Finally Picked One Up :) (Continued over on RCGROUPS ...)
I originally saw this plane 5 or so years ago and wanted to get one, but life took a serious detour and that all was put on hold. Fast forward to a couple of weeks ago when I saw one of these at the field and was immediately drawn to it. It wasn't until I internet searched it out (again) and ended up on Motion RC's website (again) that it call came back to me! Reunited, finally! So glad it's still around. I'm a helicopter guy too and also love flying my Sensei and Apprentice (just sold the Apprentice). I really like the hinged control surfaces, multi-config options, and the large space inside to work on things. After two high wing trainers I really wanted a low wing. The price was right too. Motion RC is amazing, shipping is unbelievably fast and their customer service has risen even above Horizon Hobby, IMO. My plane arrived but was missing two tiny screws - let's just say Motion RC MORE THAN ADEQUATELY corrected the situation (left me speechless, actually). They are my #1 go-to shop now, hands down. Anyway, I've started documenting my journey with the plane over on RCGROUPS (https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?2034477-Freewing-Pandora/page25) beginning at post #370. Haven't flown it yet, and yes the manual could be better, but I'm excited and can't wait to get this plane in the air !
Very flexible design, heavy enough to be stable in moderate wind conditions. Only criticisms is the screw ID's. No call outs of sizes and where they go.
pleased with purchase
pleased with purchase
love this plane easy to put together and fast i am new to flying and this was a breeze no problems what so ever this plane is such a joy to fly and easy, i got caught in some scary wind or so i thought the pandora flew like i was a pro i have not tried the low wing configuration yet but i have all the confidence in the world it will be incredible i highly recommend this bird to anyone
Very well made kit with sturdy components. I'm not crazy about the decals, so I removed them and will be doing a custom paint job followed by covering the entire plane with clear 3 mil laminating film. Also went with a bigger motor for better performance. Can't wait to fly it as my first 'foamy', but based on previous reviews, it should be a hoot..
Motion RC has a new European website
Go there instead?