Nexa Piper PA-18 Super Cub 2710mm (106.6") Wingspan - ARF
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
- (Save $-629.00)
- Unit price
- Spare Parts
Piper PA-18 Super Cub 2710mm (106.6") Wingspan - ARF from Nexa - NXA1019-001
The Piper PA-18 Super Cub is a two-seat, single-engine monoplane. Introduced in 1949 by Piper Aircraft, it was developed from the Piper PA-11, and traces its lineage back through the J-3 to the Taylor E-2 Cub of the 1930s. In close to 40 years of production, over 9,000 were built. Super Cubs are commonly found in roles such as bush flying, banner towing and glider towing.
The Nexa Super Cub is a large scale electric/gas series civilian aircraft with a 2710mm wingspan, constructed primarily from balsa wood and fully covered. This ARF requires assembly and installation of your choice of servos and power system, and includes a two piece wing design with aluminum wing joiner, fiberglass cowling, flaps, a large battery hatch and pre-hinged and installed control surfaces.
Visit the Official Nexa Piper PA-18 Super Cub 2710mm ARF Discussion Thread on HobbySquawk.com for additional photos, videos, reviews, and customer Q&A.
Fully Covered and Detailed
The Nexa Piper PA-18 Super Cub comes fully covered in an attractive white, red and black scheme with panel line and rivet detail.
Scale Details Throughout
Satisfying scale details accentuate the Super Cub including fiberglass cowling and operational flaps.
The large hatch allows for an incredible amount of space for any battery and electronic requirements.
Large Scale Yet Easy To Transport
The Nexa Super Cub is a large scale model but with the easy to remove wing it makes transportation a non-issue.
- Fully covered with panel line and rivet detail
- Complete Balsa and lite-ply construction for rigidity and durability
- Two piece wing with aluminum wing joiners for easy transport
- Functional flaps for shorter takeoffs and slower landings
- Fiberglass cowling for added scale appeal
- All control surfaces come out of the box pre-hinged and installed for convenience
- Large battery hatch allows easy access to your chosen electric setup
- Nexa Piper PA-18 Super Cub 2710mm (106.6") Wingspan - ARF
- Wheels, spinner, fiberglass cowling
- Motor mount
- Hardware and decals
- 6 Channel radio - select a minimum 6 channel radio from our Radio Collection
- 6 Channel receiver - select a minimum 6 channel receiver from our Receiver Collection
- Brushless outrunner motor - we recommend the Admiral GP26 6330-245Kv Brushless Motor
- 120 Amp brushless ESC - we recommend the ZTW Gecko 120A ESC OPTO High Voltage
- 5x high torque servos for ailerons, elevator and rudder - we recommend Hitec D-645MW High Voltage High Torque Digital Metal Gear Servo Airplane Multi-Pack (5 Servos)
- 2x standard metal gear servos for flaps - we recommend Hitec HS-485HB Deluxe Ball Bearing Karbonite Gear Standard Servo Airplane Multi-Pack (2 Servos)
- 18x12 Electric propeller - we recommend the APC 18x12 Thin Electric Propeller
- 2x 4 Cell 14.8V LiPo batteries for 8S system we recommend Admiral Pro 5000mAh 4S 14.8V 60C LiPo Battery with EC5 Connector Multi-Pack (2 Batteries)
- EC5 2 to 1 series adapter - we recommend the BenchCraft EC5 2 to 1 Series Adapter
- 4 Cell compatible battery charger - select a minimum 4 cell (4S) charger from our Charger Collection
- 30cc 4 stroke engine - we recommend the NGH GF30 30cc Four-Stroke Engine
- 16x10 gas propeller - we recommend the APC 16x10 Gas Propeller
Nexa ARF models are constructed out of balsa wood and plywood. These are not foam models. The assembly of balsa wood ARF aircraft requires basic model building skills including the installation of servos, ESC, and motor (or gas engine).
2710mm / 106.6in
1720mm / 67.7in
CG (Center of Gravity)
95-100mm from the wing's leading edge at the root
245Kv Brushless Outrunner Motor or 30cc Four-Stroke Engine (required)
Electronic Speed Control
Propeller / EDF
18x12 2-blade for electric or 16x10 gas propeller for gas (required)
Fixed taildragger (included)
2x 4 Cell 14.8V 4500 - 5000 mAh LiPo Batteries in Series for 8S (required)
6+ Channel (required)
|Balsa and light plywood|
Product Spare Parts
1 - 26 of 26 results